UM news, Who would have thought?...

farmer
SEOP

Re: UM news, Who would have thought?...

Post by farmer »

Well Peake does this effect Coach Rod in his football coaching? Dealing with a banned booster even if it was at another school. Brings up more questions about Rich Rod which now may have to look at the Booster's at his school now.
Also Peake since you want to just talk about Rich Rod's football team I do find it kind of strange that a football coach would invest money into condo's being built close to Va. Tech's football stadium instead of close to the school that was paying his salary.

$3.9M suit ties Michigan coach to banned booster

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - A news Web site says Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez was business partners with a banned Clemson booster in a failed real-estate venture that led to a $3.9 million lawsuit.

AnnArbor.com reported Tuesday night that Clegg Lamar Greene is named in the lawsuit accusing Rodriguez and three others of defaulting on a multimillion-dollar loan tied to a Virginia condo development.

Authorities say Greene stole money from investors, including Rodriguez, to pay debts on various business deals.

The 71-year-old Greene was accused in 2000 of providing a $1,300 loan and use of his boat to two Clemson recruits. Rodriguez was the offensive coordinator at Clemson from 1999-2000.

Rodriguez's agent did not immediately return a message Wednesday.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Yes ND has enough arrogant a$$holes in their fan and alumni base, they are well over their quota.

When was the last time ND was relevant?

We will see if they clean his clock or not. Brand new season.

Speed,

Half of every team are made up of underclassmen. He had plenty of NFL talent on his team. He did not win a NC with mostly freshmen and sophomores. Yes you prove me so wrong. I lose sleep at night over the complexity and accuracies of your posts.

I brought up Florida's situation as compared to Rich Rod and Michigan because they are night and day. In terms of what they two coaches inherited.

Yes my cell mate was a Michigan fan?!?!?! Could be I moved onto bigger and better things (cough Duke University).

Minimal reaction. Maybe on this board. You pay attention to anything nationally? There was plenty of reaction. Maybe not in tiny south eastern Ohio.

Marshall,

The Big Ten and Michigan are investigating. They are both working to have this resolved quickly. Should not occupy anything. Players have already spoke with the Big Ten and Michigan Compliance.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Seriously dude......I guess your loyalty is commendable, but you are in the minority of even UM fans in your jingoistic defense of RichRod.

As an OSU fan, I sincerely hope for the return of a Bo Schembechler-type to restore class to the UM program.....otherwise UM's NCAA relevance will continue to be relegated to the crime and punishment sector.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I hate Michigan but lets face it. None of this matters!!!! I don't think the guy will have a job come midway through next season but he hasn't done anything that will disgrace Michigan or even bring sanctions!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Let me put it like this. I understand where you are coming from. From an outsiders prospective I would probably think the exact same thing about a program that I know little about. I subscribe to insider websites, I know (and I am not being arrogant about this) people who work for UM, and I actually know a player or two. My perspective is a little different then yours.

I am by no means in a minority of UM fans who have come to RRods defense. If you subscribed to the rivals or scout sites you would see about 10,000 fans who are on the same page as me. I have come to find that the minority are the fans who do not defend him.

I can tell you this. UM fans are so united that they shut down the sell of Michael Rosenbergs book on both MDen and Amazon. Do to their e-mails ( I am talking thousands) warning both sites they would no longer purchase anything from their sites unless his book was removed immediately. With in a few hours the book was removed from both sites. The rabid UM fans then proceeded to take it to the Free Press. They went after every major advertiser for the Free Press. They warned all of them that they would take their business elsewhere unless the no longer backed the Free Press financially. Kroger, who is one of the main financial advertisers of the Free Press has drooped them. You want to hurt someone, hit them where it hurts, the pocket book.

I am not in the minority.

Orange and brown I agree. I honestly doubt anything comes of this. I do not think RRod will be gone though. Winning cures all. If he wins 7-8 games this season, there is no reason to let him go. There is no way you can start over again after this coach has brought in recruits to fit a certain scheme. You'd be asking for more trouble. Unless RRod wins 3 games again, they are not letting him go anywhere. His buyout is 4 million, Michigan is not paying that.

BTW, RRod's coaching style is more like Bo then anyone who has been at UM since him. This has been stated by many former RRod players.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

peake wrote:Let me put it like this. I understand where you are coming from. From an outsiders prospective I would probably think the exact same thing about a program that I know little about. I subscribe to insider websites, I know (and I am not being arrogant about this) people who work for UM, and I actually know a player or two. My perspective is a little different then yours.

I am by no means in a minority of UM fans who have come to RRods defense. If you subscribed to the rivals or scout sites you would see about 10,000 fans who are on the same page as me. I have come to find that the minority are the fans who do not defend him.

I can tell you this. UM fans are so united that they shut down the sell of Michael Rosenbergs book on both MDen and Amazon. Do to their e-mails ( I am talking thousands) warning both sites they would no longer purchase anything from their sites unless his book was removed immediately. With in a few hours the book was removed from both sites. The rabid UM fans then proceeded to take it to the Free Press. They went after every major advertiser for the Free Press. They warned all of them that they would take their business elsewhere unless the no longer backed the Free Press financially. Kroger, who is one of the main financial advertisers of the Free Press has drooped them. You want to hurt someone, hit them where it hurts, the pocket book.

I am not in the minority.

Orange and brown I agree. I honestly doubt anything comes of this. I do not think RRod will be gone though. Winning cures all. If he wins 7-8 games this season, there is no reason to let him go. There is no way you can start over again after this coach has brought in recruits to fit a certain scheme. You'd be asking for more trouble. Unless RRod wins 3 games again, they are not letting him go anywhere. His buyout is 4 million, Michigan is not paying that.

BTW, RRod's coaching style is more like Bo then anyone who has been at UM since him. This has been stated by many former RRod players.

Michael Rosenberg's book has not been pulled from Amazon, it's available in both the hardbook version, recently released paperback version, and you can order it for your Kindle. The only thing that has occured, if you scroll down and read the reader reviews, are postings by disgruntled Michigan fans blasting the book, and all have been made since Aug.31, hmmmm....does that tell you something, they should probably try reading the book before posting, or at least spread their reviews out over a period of days to at least make them seem a bit more credible. But then again we are talking about Michigan fans here. ;-)
In fact this will probably increase the sales and bring's him a great deal of free publicity. I ordered the book this morning. :)
One thing about blogs, chat rooms, etc. is that you rarely should post the info as fact since they all are virtual rooms where people gather for the moment and talk smack. The informed reader discards the majority of the info as just what it is...

http://www.amazon.com/War-As-They-Knew-Schembechler/dp/0446698652/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251973095&sr=8-1

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

The book was removed from amazon that day. I tried and tired searching for it only to find nothing. The MDen President sent out an e-mail saying he would take it off. It is what it is. What I have come to find after subscribing to the scout and rivals sites now for 3 years, is that 99% of the time, they are very accurate.

Most of the insiders are much closer then the media, and what they can report has no restrictions like print media. If you haven't noticed people are flocking to these type of site by the day. Scout and Rivals are making big money, while print media struggles to keep up. They still have yet to figure out the recruiting game, and these other sites (scout, rivals, superprep) are making bank while the paper twittles their thumbs.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

peake wrote:The book was removed from amazon that day. I tried and tired searching for it only to find nothing. The MDen President sent out an e-mail saying he would take it off. It is what it is. What I have come to find after subscribing to the scout and rivals sites now for 3 years, is that 99% of the time, they are very accurate.

Most of the insiders are much closer then the media, and what they can report has no restrictions like print media. If you haven't noticed people are flocking to these type of site by the day. Scout and Rivals are making big money, while print media struggles to keep up. They still have yet to figure out the recruiting game, and these other sites (scout, rivals, superprep) are making bank while the paper twittles their thumbs.

You're correct, it is what it is, the book is there, you can follow my link to see or if a search approach is your choice simply go to Amazon, type in the author's name, book title, etc. and you will find the book. I provided the link to provide proof of my info.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

http://www.mden.com/shopping/search.cgi ... 30056002?0

We're sorry but your search on 'michael rosenberg' did not return any matches. Please try broadening your search and try again.

RESPONSE from Mden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

michael, we are very thankful for your loyalty. we have pulled the book from sale. thanks, doug

You argue for the sake of argument. Your rhetoric is getting old. The fact that you are even allowed by the mods to respond to me after our past history is amusing considering the fuss you caused, but whatever.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Peake the book I see it is on Amazon and is available. But then you want to tell someone else that they want to argue for the sake of an argument.

You say you deal with facts. If I can go to Amazon and see the book is available for purchase that is as close to a fact without actually buying the book as I can do. Even though I would not buy the book.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

farmer wrote:Peake the book I see it is on Amazon and is available. But then you want to tell someone else that they want to argue for the sake of an argument.

You say you deal with facts. If I can go to Amazon and see the book is available for purchase that is as close to a fact without actually buying the book as I can do. Even though I would not buy the book.

UMMM, I went to Amazon and found it too at a sale price available for order. :122248 Maybe you can't go through Michigan web sites to get it?

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

peake
He had plenty of NFL talent on his team. He did not win a NC with mostly freshmen and sophomores. Then how did he win it again in '08 ?
2 or 3 of Zook's guys who went on to the NFL is plenty ?

I brought up Florida's situation as compared to Rich Rod and Michigan because they are night and day. In terms of what they two coaches inherited.
You were not comparing him to RR. I asked you 'Did Meyer inherit that kind of talent at BG & Utah' ?

Are you backing out on my bet ? :lol:

Don't you wish Les Miles had said yes ? :lol:

ballparent, farmer, and marshallman are all correct. The paperback is $11.99

http://www.amazon.com/War-As-They-Knew- ... 095&sr=8-1

wrong again peake, but you can blame it on the 1% error rate of Rivals and Scout.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

marshallman wrote:
farmer wrote:Peake the book I see it is on Amazon and is available. But then you want to tell someone else that they want to argue for the sake of an argument.

UMMM, I went to Amazon and found it too at a sale price available for order. :122248 Maybe you can't go through Michigan web sites to get it?

I found the book too. On sale for $11.99.

I guess they will pull it after they sellout all remaining copies. ;-)

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

It is what it is. I searched for it a few days ago, and it wasn't there. I don't hear one of you saying anything about MDen?

I am tired of talking Florida. I used allegations against Meyer as an example. You have taken to a level I could care less to talk about. You also said that half of the roster was made up of underclass men. Duuuh. Every team is made up of underclassmen.

Meyer inherited two very good teams at both BG and Utah. He had two very good QB's that both went onto the NFL. He has a lot to do with their success, I am not debating that, but he still had something to work with. He is a good coach, I am not debating that.

I understood a long time ago that it is on sale. I am only reporting what was said on the website. I checked when it was said, and I could not find a single thing. As you can see there was no error with the MDen site. Famer, Ballparent has poked and prodded at me for a long time, so that was mostly directed at her. Like I have been stating, if you like my opinion, fine, if not, I really don't care. I don't get paid enough on this site to continue to defend a point. If you don't like what I type, move on or don't read it. I have a good idea, write something constructive about your teams.

I am not going to bet you about Meyer and Notre Dame. I think before it is all said and done he will be back in the mid-west. I don't think he will retire at Florida.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Are we really doing this again? I have had enough of Peake and Ballparent bantering on and on about the same issues. The two of you are taking away from good conversation with your personal feud. Who cares about a stupid book. It is sold here and not there. Who really cares. It would be nice for both of you to write constructive and positive posts about both of your teams, rather then fight tooth and nail over who knows what. If it has to do with Michigan, I am pretty sure Peake is going to win. If it has to do with Ohio State or an English test, then my money is on Ballparent.

We all as fans think that we know more about our own team then anyone else, and we also think that we know more about our rival then everyone else. I have grown restless having to read the same bickering on an everyday occasion. We all need to compliment one another rather then tear one another down. I have seen in your past posts ballparent begging peake to use specific examples and cite his sources. He is doing that, so please stop harassing him over the number of posts using evidence, but rather compliment him on taking your constructive and at some points harsh criticism. Peake, ignore users that you feel are not providing appropriate information concerning the thread. Not everyone shares your passion on a subject or posts in the same fashion.

I do believe that Peake is more knowledgeable in terms of Michigan then any other poster on this site. He is defending a team that he loves. If a similar instance were to happen with OSU Athletics, I am sure that a good majority of you would take the same approach. Cut the guy some slack.

I am tired of endless attacks. Stop harassing each other.

Florida sucks! Go Vols! Sorry Speed I need to take my own advice :122249 I do think my Vols will take one on the chin to those bloody Gators, but one more year and here we come.
Last edited by avalanche on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Maybe he will be in Michigan next year. After Meyer wins the title again this year, he will need a new challenge. I am sure Michigan and it's teeny linemen, will be a challenge. The sad fact is this, Michigan has been dismantled for a gimmick offense. If they need to get rid of RR, they will struggle for years to come. Michigan will give him an extra long rope, because if he's fired, the team will be dismantled to the point that the rebuilding will be huge.

What would be an acceptable win over Western Michigan? 14 points? 17 points?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Peake it is what is is about you being wrong you make excuses. You also got on me earlier on this topic when I posted an article on Rich Rod being sued. I said this could be the next problem for him.
You seem to think you can say anything and go on like a spoiled brat who thinks everything they say is right. The book is on Amazon and in your excuse you change the subject away from that very quick. That is a FACT. Guess you can look over your other boards and find out why the book is being sold on Amazon?

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Let me ask you this, who has won the past three National Championships?

Answer: All are spread teams. Florida runs an offense which is closer related to the one Rodriguez runs, rather then traditional versions of a pass happy attack. Stop harassing the guy, please add something constructive.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Good post avalanche.

This is a picture of all of the Detroit kids on the team. Mike Martin #68(6'1, 290, 500-lb bench, 700-lb squat) will be lining up over Justin Boren. These guys look tiny :roll:

http://maxcollins.files.wordpress.com/2 ... d_7662.jpg

Rich Rod is being sued because he invested and co-signed a loan for someone who defaulted on the loan. He is not the only one being sued. He is one a several people being sued, along with other coaches not yet named from Virginia. He made a bad financial decision. He trusted the wrong person a long with several other people. He made a mistake. If you want to go into the intricacies of a case like this we can. My wife is a lawyer to be ( 2nd year Duke Law). I am finished with this conversation. Take aval avalanches advice and add something constructive.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Last edited by ballparent on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “College Sports”