Marshall Football 2010

theassassin
All State

Re: Marshall Football 2010

Post by theassassin »

i'd like to join the conversation here also... a few comments.

marshaman.... if you are referring to brian robinson "3star" safty from st thomas aquinas. he DOES NOT have an offer from wvu. scout.com is showing offers from marsha and rutgers.

http://westvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=159 ... id=3850157

i hope the link works fro you.

if marsha is outrecruiting wvu why is their class ranking around 80 and wvu at 26? i thought the lower number was a higher rank.

as for the 2nd largest city in the state.... :roll: 40,000??? what is morgantown 25,000??? 30,000? i have been to huntington a few times. also been to morgantown a few times also. not much difference in the "things to do in either place" LOL

earp.... isn't huntington know as "little detroit"?

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

After living in an area outside of Huntington for a couple of years now, I will go on record to saying Huntington is not that bad of a place at all.

earp
S

Post by earp »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Youre funny Dublin!Youre not one of those guys that thinks everyone down here is toothless and running about the woods are you?? :lol:Actually Assasin the drug dealers call Huntington "Moneyton"!ALot of the big dealers down here are getting busted now,They raided one the other day that was a motherload!So I mean law enforcement is being proactive about the problem and it really does seems to be getting better!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

earp wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Youre funny Dublin!Youre not one of those guys that thinks everyone down here is toothless and running about the woods are you?? :lol:

No, I spent the first 25 years of my life living in Gallia county, and through the BSA spent plenty of time in the Huntington area.
I like the people for the most part. It's the over-exagerated since of what Huntington has to offer that kills me.

Like I said, West Virginia as an entire state, is smaller than the Metropolitian area area of Columbus!!!

The suburb I live in is bigger than Huntington, so what do you have in bragging about being the second biggest city in the state!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

i have lived in the triangle area now for going on 3 years and after living in the huntington area for a good bit of my life i can say that the people are what make the area. For the most part u have really good people in the area but really nothing more. There is little in the cultural and arts department, and there is a real lack of diversity in general.

earp
S

Post by earp »

So then bigger is better? :?: And Peake you are right,We need more stuff in the arts and such!And you are totally right on about cultural diversity!This is the whitest area in america I think! :lol: And Dublin Im not mad or anything I just like having constructive conversations about things!I like the Research Triangle area Peake!If I were going to move to a large metro I think that would be the one I would go to!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

good people in the tristate no doubt just nothing there. I did hear some good news though a new steel and iron plant to be built in ironton

hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Post by hdfatboy »

I won't get into the Hungtington bashing debate, but I do take offense to the trashing of Morgantown. I grew up in the Tri-State (Ironton) and still have family and friends there, so I allegiance to that area and a fondness for it. That said, Morgantown is nationally recognized as a good place to live. The city has routinely been ranked as one of the better small cities in America by a variety of publications.

Forbes magazine best small metro areas to live in...Morgantown is #3 in 2009.

Morgantown:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/5/bizplaces09_Morgantown-WV_WVMor.html

Huntington is 140th in larger metro areas:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/1/bizplaces09_Huntington-WV_2930.html

Also, in March of 2009 NBC did the following national story on Morgantown's strong economy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDqXrA7cz4

And yes, people call it Morganhole - mostly in jest. I love Morgantown, and I call it Morganhole all the time. I've lived in Ironton, OH; Columbus, OH; Cincinnati, OH; and Raleigh, NC and have voluntarily chosen Morgantown over all of them to raise my family. Not that there is anything wrong with those cities, but Morgantown offers my family the best parts of each.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

no offense but if u choose morgantown over raleigh then you should have your head checked. If you are basing this on economey then there is no comparison between a coal producing city vs the research triangle. Why would u not want your kid exposed to the diversity in raleigh v mor

hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Post by hdfatboy »

peake wrote:no offense but if u choose morgantown over raleigh then you should have your head checked. If you are basing this on economey then there is no comparison between a coal producing city vs the research triangle. Why would u not want your kid exposed to the diversity in raleigh v mor

Peake, first off Morgantown isn't a coal producing city. Morgantown's major industry outside the university is probably healthcare. I am not sure how I am not supposed to take offense at being told I need my head examined, but I recognize you're not the most tactful person. I also recognize that you've never lived in Morgantown.

Why would I choose Morgantown over Raleigh? I am not a big fan of traffic or cities that essentially shut-down at 5 on Fridays. The cost of living is better here (or at least it was when we moved back). My wife and I are fans of traditional neighborhoods, not sub-divisions designed to look like traditional neighborhoods. I like the seasons. I like living in hilly country. I enjoy being able to leave my house without locking the door. I enjoy being able to shop without having to fight in lines for hours for parking spaces (been to the Crabtree Valley Mall after Thanksgiving?). The list goes on.....

We moved back to Morgantown from Raleigh because we feel Morgantown is a better place to raise kids. Small town virtues, with every cultural benefit of a big city within our reach. If we had no kids, or single, I'd possibly still live in Raleigh.

There is absolutely nothing that Raleigh has to offer that I can't get here or within a short drive...other than the beach. We did go the beach a lot since my wife's family lives at Wrightsville Beach. I do miss that.

There are a lot of nice things in Raleigh, I don't dislike the city at all, but I'd rather live in Morgantown. Oddly, a number of my friends who moved to the Triangle in the late 90's are now saying the same thing (they've married and had kids).

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I have been to Morgantown enough and had enough friends who have lived and went to school there to know that if given the choice between living in a city that offers 10x more then Morgantown I would choose that other city.

Cities that shutdown at 5 on fridays? I very much enjoy the night life in the triangle over that in college infested Morgantown. If I want to go play 17 holes of golf on a par 3 at 9pm I can do that. I am guessing you can't in Morgantown. f I want to see John Mayer, The Fray, or anyone then there is a good chance they are coming to either the DPAC or the RBC center. I have some of the top sports tems all with in 30 minutes of one another and professional teams all around. I can listen to live music any night of the week and enjoy some of the best food the country has to offer (magnolia grill).

Cost is lving is going to be higher in Raleigh, but you will also find that the average family makes more money here. The average person living here is one of the most educated in the country. that is something you will not find in Morgantown.

I amnot familiar with traditional neighborhoods.

Raleigh doesn't have seasons now? We just had 3 inches of snow in December in Durham and 6 inches in Orange County. I enjoy in April it being 70's instead of 40-50's.

f you are going to Crab Tree when you could be going to South Point than that is your fault. I have never had to fight for a parking spot. You are going to get larger crowds when you live in a place with a larger population of course. It sounds like you want to raise your kids in an environment that you enjoy and grown up accustom to, not because you weighed out what was best in terms of what they would be exposed to and the advantages.

You have the beach an hour and a half away, the mountains 2 1/2 hours away, beatiful lakes and rivers all around you. I am having a really dfficult time seeing your point.

You do not get the same cultural benefits from havng a big city within your reach as you do being exposed to different cultures and walks of life every day. Living 45 minutes from Pits is not going to give them the same perspective as living in it.

That is the one huge disadvantage of living in the tri-state, you are exposed to the same type of people who all think for the most part the same exact way on a good majority of things across the board.

I lived in Chesapeake and had to lock my doors, so locking my doors is not a big deal.

Having three top universities all within 30 minutes of one another is huge. Two fo the best hospitals in the country (Duke-UNC), one of the best Vet Schools (NC State).

I am sorry but I do not see your point. We will agree to disagree and I take back my get your head checked comment. My apologies :122245

hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Post by hdfatboy »

peake wrote:I have been to Morgantown enough and had enough friends who have lived and went to school there to know that if given the choice between living in a city that offers 10x more then Morgantown I would choose that other city.

Cities that shutdown at 5 on fridays? I very much enjoy the night life in the triangle over that in college infested Morgantown. If I want to go play 17 holes of golf on a par 3 at 9pm I can do that. I am guessing you can't in Morgantown. f I want to see John Mayer, The Fray, or anyone then there is a good chance they are coming to either the DPAC or the RBC center. I have some of the top sports tems all with in 30 minutes of one another and professional teams all around. I can listen to live music any night of the week and enjoy some of the best food the country has to offer (magnolia grill).

Cost is lving is going to be higher in Raleigh, but you will also find that the average family makes more money here. The average person living here is one of the most educated in the country. that is something you will not find in Morgantown.

I amnot familiar with traditional neighborhoods.

Raleigh doesn't have seasons now? We just had 3 inches of snow in December in Durham and 6 inches in Orange County. I enjoy in April it being 70's instead of 40-50's.

f you are going to Crab Tree when you could be going to South Point than that is your fault. I have never had to fight for a parking spot. You are going to get larger crowds when you live in a place with a larger population of course. It sounds like you want to raise your kids in an environment that you enjoy and grown up accustom to, not because you weighed out what was best in terms of what they would be exposed to and the advantages.

You have the beach an hour and a half away, the mountains 2 1/2 hours away, beatiful lakes and rivers all around you. I am having a really dfficult time seeing your point.

You do not get the same cultural benefits from havng a big city within your reach as you do being exposed to different cultures and walks of life every day. Living 45 minutes from Pits is not going to give them the same perspective as living in it.

That is the one huge disadvantage of living in the tri-state, you are exposed to the same type of people who all think for the most part the same exact way on a good majority of things across the board.

I lived in Chesapeake and had to lock my doors, so locking my doors is not a big deal.

Having three top universities all within 30 minutes of one another is huge. Two fo the best hospitals in the country (Duke-UNC), one of the best Vet Schools (NC State).

I am sorry but I do not see your point. We will agree to disagree and I take back my get your head checked comment. My apologies :122245

Thank you.

My point is quite simple, you may not be as informed about Morgantown think and you fail to recognize that people have different values with regard to where they live. Living in a city is much different than knowing people who went to college there. I have lived in both, although I have not lived in Raleigh since 1999.

I am glad you like Raleigh, but some of your facts are not correct. For example, the average education level of a person is Morgantown is almost exactly the same as Raleigh (actually a little higher in Morgantown). Also with regard to money, my wife and I make the same amount here that we would there (given comparable jobs...and our jobs are available in both places) so for us our income goes a lot further here than it would there. There is no career downside for us in Morgantown.

You say you can golf on a par 3 course at 9 at night - great. I can go skiing, mountain biking, or white water rafting anytime I want.

You talk about night-life - you're right, we have a lot of college bars. But we do have other night-life...which is somewhat irrelevant to me since I have 3 kids. But the wife and I are never at a loss for things to do in town for a night out...which includes listening to musicians perform or eating a good Indian place, things of that nature. Like I said, if I were single or married without kids I'd probably still live in Raleigh.

South Point wasn't there when we lived in Raleigh - it was a dump of a mall at the time. It did look nice when we were down there last. Crabtree was the only reasonable mall in Raleigh when we lived there.

With regard to culture - driving 45 minutes to Pittsburgh or 45 minutes to the other side of Raleigh or to Durham or Chapel Hill is the same thing. We go to museums/concerts/etc. more here than we did there....there are more of them in Pittsburgh. Kids in Raleigh aren't being exposed to culture any more than kids in Morgantown because that really depends upon the parents more than the town (if it is available). Now, with regard to people from other cultures, I don't think my kids are lacking in exposure given the university and the research organizations.

The statement about locking the doors has more to do with crime rate than the actual locking of the doors. This is something that you may consider when raising kids. Of course it isn't a big deal to lock your doors, but it is something to consider the safety of your family and your belongings as you grow older.

At any rate, again, my point is that Morgantown isn't necessarily what an outsider would think (including a student). The city has garnered a number of awards for its livability in the past decade....just like Raleigh/Durham was the #1 city in the US when we lived there. Also, people's values with regard to where they live change as their circumstances change.

I am not saying Raleigh is a bad place to live, it just isn't a place I would want to live again.

hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Post by hdfatboy »

Hey Peake, I forgot to say, I do totally understand your argument about the merits of the Triangle. I said many of the exact same things either in defense of our move there or to my friends who were thinking of moving there. When we moved back to Morgantown it was to finish my doctorate, and with the intent of moving back to NC. But my wife and I both realized that we were both happier and more comfortable in Morgantown so we stayed. We have never regretted that decision.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

theassassin wrote:i'd like to join the conversation here also... a few comments.

marshaman.... if you are referring to brian robinson "3star" safty from st thomas aquinas. he DOES NOT have an offer from wvu. scout.com is showing offers from marsha and rutgers.

http://westvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=159 ... id=3850157

i hope the link works fro you.

if marsha is outrecruiting wvu why is their class ranking around 80 and wvu at 26? i thought the lower number was a higher rank.

He is a 4 star. Its according to what Scout or Rivals you are looking at. Also, Peake Marshall will get to where they will get their 5 star. I remember when Marshall couldn't land a 3 star, ever. Plus, you don't have to be a 5-star roster to beat teams like Michigan, just look at appy State and Toledo. I'll take a Pennington over a Pac man Jones or C Henry anyday. I also think a 5-star is not saying you'll go pro. Lets see, for Oakland Raiders the QB from Toledo is starting over the #1 overall draft pick, 5-star stud Jamarcus Russell from LSU. :roll:

as for the 2nd largest city in the state.... :roll: 40,000??? what is morgantown 25,000??? 30,000? i have been to huntington a few times. also been to morgantown a few times also. not much difference in the "things to do in either place" LOL

earp.... isn't huntington know as "little detroit"?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

^^^^ that was a little hard to read marshaman... next time try tying your responsed outside the quotebox.

you are right aobut the # of stars... depends on which site you are looking at... but like i said, wvu did not offer.

i'm not saying marhall isnt signing a good class this year but to say they are out recruiting wvu... come on surely you dont believe that.

i will also agree with your comment that being a 5 star doesnt guarantee anything. pat white and steve slaton were 2-3 star players coming out of high school. wvu signed 5* rb jason gwaltney the same year slaton was signed. after being injured early in the season he never saw the field at wvu again... had trouble attending classes and showing up for therapy treatments for his injury.

earp... you are right, it is "moneyton" i had forgot. i hope the law enforcement succeeds in the cleanup and run all the bas***** out of town.

hdfatboy and peake... have enjoyed your discussion/debate on advantages and disadvantages of living in morgantown/raleigh-triad.
areas. sounds like it depends on an individuals preferences.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

#1 Best Company (SAS) to Work For
Fortune, January 2010

# 1 Best Place (Raleigh) to Launch a New Business
Portfolio.com/bizjournals, January 20, 2010

# 1 Best Value for Public Colleges (UNC-Chapel Hill) for 2009-10
Kiplinger's Personal Finance, February 2010

# 10 Best Value for Public Colleges (NC State) for 2009-10
Kiplinger's Personal Finance, February 2010

One of the World's Top 500 Hotels (Umstead Hotel & Spa)
Travel + Leisure , January 2010

# 15 Best City for Business (Raleigh)
MarketWatch, December 16, 2009

# 3 Large Metro (Raleigh-Cary) to Launch a Small Business
CNNMoney.com, October 2009

# 15 Mid-Size Metro (Durham) to Launch a Small Business
CNNMoney.com, October 2009

# 17 Best Sports City (Raleigh-Durham)
Sporting News, October 6, 2009

# 6 Most Popular State (NC) Where Americans Would Choose to Live
Harris Interactive, October 5, 2009

# 1 America's Smartest City (Raleigh-Durham)
The Daily Beast, October 4, 2009

# 7 Next Youth-Magnet City (Raleigh-Durham)
Wall Street Journal, October 1, 2009

# 4 'Nano Metro' in the nation (Raleigh)
Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies , August 19, 2009

Top U.S. States (NC) for Cleantech in 2009 (Honorable Mention)
Cleantech Group LLC, Sustainable World Capital , August 17, 2009

"Top 10 Startup-friendly Cities" (Chapel Hill)
Entrepreneur, August 2009

# 2 Best Sports Franchise (Carolina Hurricanes)
ESPN, July 1, 2009

# 2 Best City (Durham): It's All About Jobs
Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2009

# 24 Best City (Raleigh-Cary): It's All About Jobs
Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2009

# 3 Top Pro-Business State for 2009
Pollina Corporate Real Estate, June 24, 2009

# 7 Area for Software Publishers (Raleigh-Cary MSA)
North America's High-Tech Economy: The Geography of Knowledge-Based Industries, Milken Institute, June 2, 2009

# 7 Area for Scientific R&D Services (Durham MSA)
North America's High-Tech Economy: The Geography of Knowledge-Based Industries, Milken Institute, June 2, 2009

# 26 Overall High-Tech Area (Durham MSA)

# 6 Area for Pharmaceutical and Medicine Manufacturing (Durham MSA)

# 38 Overall High-Tech Area (Raleigh-Cary MSA)

# 2 Area for Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing (Durham MSA)

# 4 Human Capital Composite Index (Greater Raleigh-Durham)
The Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences Cluster 2009: An Economic and Comparative Assessment, Milken Institute, May 19, 2009

# 1 Place (Greater Raleigh-Durham) for Growth in Therapeutics and Devices
The Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences Cluster 2009: An Economic and Comparative Assessment, Milken Institute, May 19, 2009

# 4 Place (Greater Raleigh-Durham) for Growth in Pharmaceutical Industry

# 1 Place (Greater Raleigh-Durham) for Innovation Pipeline: Life Sciences R&D

# 2 Place (Greater Raleigh-Durham) for Growth in Medical Devices

# 5 Overall Composite Index for Life Sciences (Greater Raleigh-Durham)

# 1 Place (Greater Raleigh-Durham) for Growth in R&D in the Life Sciences

# 5 State (NC) for Warehouse/Distribution Startups
Bizminer, Business Xpansion Journal, May 2009

One of the U.S. Best City (Cary, NC) to Start a Business
BusinessWeek, March 27, 2009

# 1 Most Favorite Basketball School (UNC)
Harris Interactive, March 26, 2009

# 1 Best Place (Raleigh) for Business and Careers
Forbes, March 25, 2009

# 2 Most Favorite Basketball School (Duke)

# 2 Best State (NC) for Business
Chief Executive, March 25, 2009

# 3 Best Place (Durham) for Business and Careers
Forbes, March 25, 2009

# 3 Most Favorite Women's Basketball School (UNC)

Raleigh, NC

Estimated median household income in 2008: $53,825
Raleigh: $53,825
North Carolina: $46,549

Estimated median house or condo value in 2008: $216,900 Raleigh: $216,900
North Carolina: $154,500

Races in Raleigh:

White Non-Hispanic (60.3%)
Black (27.8%)
Hispanic (7.0%)
Other race (3.2%)
Two or more races (1.9%)
Asian Indian (0.9%)
American Indian (0.8%)
Chinese (0.7%)
Vietnamese (0.6%)

For population 25 years and over in Raleigh

High school or higher: 88.5%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 44.9%
Graduate or professional degree: 14.4%
Unemployed: 5.3%
Mean travel time to work: 22.0 minutes

Raleigh has 10 public high schools and 10 private high schools. They also have schools for art and math and science.

They have 4 museums in Raleigh and more in the Triangle area.

They have 8 lakes and 5 rivers and Parks.

They also have two historical balck colleges.

Morgantown

Estimated median household income in 2008: $30,596

Morgantown: $30,596
West Virginia: $37,989

Estimated per capita income in 2008: $17,819

Estimated median house or condo value in 2008: $165,291
Morgantown: $165,291
West Virginia: $95,900

Races in Morgantown:

White Non-Hispanic (88.6%)
Black (4.2%)
Chinese (1.5%)
Hispanic (1.5%)
Asian Indian (1.5%)
Two or more races (1.5%)
Other race (0.5%)

For population 25 years and over in Morgantown

High school or higher: 89.2%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 47.8%
Graduate or professional degree: 26.7%
Unemployed: 11.3%
Mean travel time to work: 15.8 minutes

Morgantown has 0 museums.

Morgantown has 5 parks and 5 rivers/creeks

Kids in Raleigh aren't being exposed to culture any more than kids in Morgantown because that really depends upon the parents more than the town (if it is available). Now, with regard to people from other cultures, I don't think my kids are lacking in exposure given the university and the research organizations.

I strongly disagree. A cultural perspective comes from interacting and living amongst, working with, and attending school with people of other cultures. If you feel you can do this better by taking them to Pits then good luck. I teach in Orange County and taught in Wake County, I can tell you from experience that I would have never seen or been exposed to the different walks of life in the Tri-state area. Kids when they grow up have little to no interaction with the kids from the Universities so that argument is moot.

The statement about locking the doors has more to do with crime rate than the actual locking of the doors. This is something that you may consider when raising kids. Of course it isn't a big deal to lock your doors, but it is something to consider the safety of your family and your belongings as you grow older.

What is your point. You said you wanted to live where you didn't need to lock your doors. Locking your doors should be a normal part of everyday life. I was taught that at a vey young age. Don't worry about me, I own several weapons, I am a memeber of the NRA, I am well versed in close combat techniques, and we have a security system. The safety of my wife and myself is always #1 to me.

You can make your own decision. I was wrong about the education part, but the Triangle has more PhD's then anywhere in the United States.

The star rankings are very good indicators of who will be good. Of the people you mentioned (White, Slaton) they were the exception. Research has shown that the higher the ranking the better the chances are of you getting to the league.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i agree about white and slaton... am sure there are a few others also. slaton was 3*. white was a 2* qb would probly rated higher if at another position. wvu might have been the only school to recruit him as a qb.... the same with major harris back in the 80's (almost certain this is true about white and harris). i agree with the higher the ranking the better the chances of getting to the league.
sometimes colleges are able to find that diamond in the rough that fits their program.
if gwaltney works out for wvu we may have never heard of steve slaton and look where he is today.

i know a few phd's............ that i'm not real impressed with. one in particular i guess. just saying.

hdfatboy
Freshman Team

Post by hdfatboy »

peake wrote:
Kids in Raleigh aren't being exposed to culture any more than kids in Morgantown because that really depends upon the parents more than the town (if it is available). Now, with regard to people from other cultures, I don't think my kids are lacking in exposure given the university and the research organizations.

I strongly disagree. A cultural perspective comes from interacting and living amongst, working with, and attending school with people of other cultures. If you feel you can do this better by taking them to Pits then good luck. I teach in Orange County and taught in Wake County, I can tell you from experience that I would have never seen or been exposed to the different walks of life in the Tri-state area. Kids when they grow up have little to no interaction with the kids from the Universities so that argument is moot.

What is your point. You said you wanted to live where you didn't need to lock your doors. Locking your doors should be a normal part of everyday life. I was taught that at a vey young age. Don't worry about me, I own several weapons, I am a memeber of the NRA, I am well versed in close combat techniques, and we have a security system. The safety of my wife and myself is always #1 to me.

You can make your own decision. I was wrong about the education part, but the Triangle has more PhD's then anywhere in the United States.

The star rankings are very good indicators of who will be good. Of the people you mentioned (White, Slaton) they were the exception. Research has shown that the higher the ranking the better the chances are of you getting to the league.

Peake - regarding exposure to culture. I can expose my kids to culture in the grand sense of the word by taking them to Pittsburgh's museums (or to the arts). We go there fairly often. That is what I was referring to with regard to culture. That is a parent issue, you can live in Raleigh for years and never become "cultured". With regard to people of different cultures - you are assuming that people from other cultures (who may not be counted in the census data you quoted if they are not permanent residents) only exist at the university. That isn't the case. They work in our research institutions, at the university (which has a major role in the community), at the hospitals, etc. My kids are exposed to Asian culture in particular quite often.

You're right about not being exposed to these kinds of things in the Tri-State area, but Morgantown is not the same as the Tri-State. We are much more a distant suburb of Pittsburgh than anything else.

With regard to locking doors - yes, I know, people should lock their doors. Again, my point is that crime matters. Morgantown is currently a much safer place for my kids to live than many other places, Huntington and Raleigh included. Morgantown is a small town with many of the benefits of a larger city. In my opinion that is a huge positive. We do things here with our kids that we'd never do in Raleigh because we feel safe here - we feel that the threat is low and that our friends/neighbors will watch out for our kids. I have plenty of friends in the Triangle that do not feel that way about their environment. Not being afraid to leave your house unlocked when you are gone says something about the comfort level you have with your surroundings.

Is Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill a much bigger area than Morgantown? Sure. Does it have a lot to offer? Sure. Is it a better place for me and my family to live? Not in my opinion. My wife and I are reasonably intelligent people and value our children being well-rounded and well-educated people...we have no worries about their future resulting from our choice of hometowns.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Holy Anthropology class Batman! :lol: I think I will just stay here in good ole Proctorvegas!I do however like the Flying Saucer in Raleigh though Peake!Trust me on this one,You need to go see a local band down there called "The Breakfast Club"Their niche is they can cover any 80's song you can imagine as good or better than the original band!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Ohhh they Flying Saucer :-D 250 beers on tap, yummy

Actually they changed their name to 80's enough or something to that affect. I heard them and they are great.

hdfatboy,

More then anything I think I just enjoyed the debate. I respect that you choose to raise your family in whatever place you choose. Like I said it was more just for the sake of debate. You are a very educated person and I enjoyed the conversation. Good day.

Return to “College Sports”