Rio Grande Baseball

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Rio Grande Baseball

Post by Ironman92 »

What has happened? Saw they started the season 0-18.

Beat OUC in a DH

Currently at 3-20?

Wow

baseball16
All State

Re: Rio Grande Baseball

Post by baseball16 »

I think Warnimont has done a great job there. I also think the College "University" has not really got behind this program. Just look at the Facilities! Outside of Soccer, when was the last time a new athletic facility or structure was built. Baseball still has the same ol 5 Tier Alum. bleachers that were there when I played and that was from 1992-1995. Rio is in Financial problems and not sure what the future holds, but what kid in 2020 would look at Rio? Only a few Majors to choose from and facilities are not good. That's Just my opinion. I personally think they should give Warnimont a Raise or Statue on what he has been able to accomplish over the past 16 years.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:36 pm I think Warnimont has done a great job there. I also think the College "University" has not really got behind this program. Just look at the Facilities! Outside of Soccer, when was the last time a new athletic facility or structure was built. Baseball still has the same ol 5 Tier Alum. bleachers that were there when I played and that was from 1992-1995. Rio is in Financial problems and not sure what the future holds, but what kid in 2020 would look at Rio? Only a few Majors to choose from and facilities are not good. That's Just my opinion. I personally think they should give Warnimont a Raise or Statue on what he has been able to accomplish over the past 16 years.
No knock on coach. The University is just falling apart. Sad.

0-18 blew me away though

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think that may be one of the main reasons that Ryan Smith has been brought on board, to help try to stop the bleeding.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:19 pm I think that may be one of the main reasons that Ryan Smith has been brought on board, to help try to stop the bleeding.
Hopefully he brings a HUGE Band-aid!

Return to “College Sports”