Big Ten Chances.

boilermaker
SE

Big Ten Chances.

Post by boilermaker »

Iowa vs Missiouri
Iowa the most dissapointing team in the Big Ten in 2010.Should have ,could have ,would have If and but, They should win this game.
Big Ten 1 Others 0
Baylor vs Illinois
Tough call here both teams were up and down this season .I will go with the Illini
Big Ten 2 others 0
Penn St vs Florida
Penn St a very young team for Joe Pa. I think they will keep it close ,but lose in the end.Florida Wins
Big Ten 2 others 1
Alabama vs Michigan St
Not even close Blow Out = Alabama wins!
Big Ten 2 others 2
Michigan vs Mississippi St
No defense loses again ! Mississippi St wins.
Big Ten 2 others 3
TCU vs Wisconsin
Wisconsin Best the Big Ten has to offer ,but not good enough. TCU wins.
Big Ten 2 others 4
Arkansas vs Ohio St
Ohio St has the best coach in the country,with mediocre talent= loss. Razorbacks Win
Big Ten 2 others 5
Another dissapointing bowl season for the Big Ten , maybe next year!

:mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Big Ten Chances.

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Wisconsin will work TCU like a government mule.
Buckeyes talent as a whole is superior to Arkansas.
I think Baylor beats Illinois.
I'm thinking 4-4.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The Big Ten is dominate over every other league. You can argue one might be better at football and another better at basketball, but when you look at the big picture --- from sports, to research grants, to academics, to revenue --- the Big Ten is by far the best conference in the country.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

You never know which team shows up in the bowl games...4-5 weeks later...Let me remind you dubs...TCU is not Iowa,OSU,Indiana,Minnesota...Hell they couldnt even beat MSU...btw...Have you seen TCU play?...I doubt it...probably just read about them and the perceptions and all that.. :lol: ...Talent level for OSU-ARK. will be pretty close. Arkansas just plays different,on both sides of the ball...Offensively,they run a READ run game and a READ throw game...OSU does not.The advantage for OSU is that Mallett is not involved in the run game.Defensively, Arkansas's front are going to blow gaps and get upfield and disrupt,like the SEC DOES. And they will be athletic enough to get Pryor on the ground if the Vest continues what he does,UNLIKE the weak teams in the Ten....And I am telling you..throwing the football for OSU WILL BE TOUGH throughout the entire game because Ark. has kid who can run in the back end and they will disguise and that will make it tough because of OSUs pass schemes. Plus the initial penetration.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The General wrote:You never know which team shows up in the bowl games...4-5 weeks later...Let me remind you dubs...TCU is not Iowa,OSU,Indiana,Minnesota...Hell they couldnt even beat MSU...btw...Have you seen TCU play?...I doubt it...probably just read about them and the perceptions and all that.. :lol: ...Talent level for OSU-ARK. will be pretty close. Arkansas just plays different,on both sides of the ball...Offensively,they run a READ run game and a READ throw game...OSU does not.The advantage for OSU is that Mallett is not involved in the run game.Defensively, Arkansas's front are going to blow gaps and get upfield and disrupt,like the SEC DOES. And they will be athletic enough to get Pryor on the ground if the Vest continues what he does,UNLIKE the weak teams in the Ten....And I am telling you..throwing the football for OSU WILL BE TOUGH throughout the entire game because Ark. has kid who can run in the back end and they will disguise and that will make it tough because of OSUs pass schemes. Plus the initial penetration.
You just love to hate on OSU.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Dont Hate....just speak what I see and know...Dont gush like a homer over the vest and the vaunted Big Ten...If you dont like it....too bad.....Actually I will be rooting for the Bucks....If they do well and surprise me and do the things that it takes,I will be the first on here to congratulate them and be happy for their win...especially$$$$...But I will be surprised if it happens.They cant front-run this outfit from this conference. They will have to play-up and hope the schemes dont doom them.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Iowa looks like the old Iowa and wins
Baylor out scores Illinois
Florida has too much for Joe
Alabama handles State
Michigans O runs wild and their D shows up to win this one
Tcu run Defense stops Wisconsin
Arkansas passes over the Buckeyes

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I've watched plenty of TCU, 3 full games and parts of 2 others.
They haven't ever seen a run game like Wisconsin brings to the table.
TCU is a very good team, but put them in the 10, and they lose 4 games a year.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i think 4-3 at best.

penn st
msu
ill
all lose

osu
wisconsin
michigan
iowa
all win

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I forgot about Northwestern They will win making the final Big ten 3 others 5 :oops:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

As it stands on 12/11/2010, the Big 10 is favored in ONE game.

That is the Sugar Bowl, with the Buckeyes favored by 3.5.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Why would they be....Bowl games are a lot of times a joke because they are played weeks later...You never know what teams show up....I watch a lot of teams and trust the eye test much more considering a team's strength,especially HOW they play,PERSONNEL,COACHING SCHEMES,and STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE....NOT POLITICAL RANKINGS and BCS stupidity....

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

With the Big 10 getting 2 teams in BCS bowls again, the remaining Big 10 teams are playing up a bowl.

If the Buckeyes weren't in the BCS and instead faced Bama, and you moved the remaining Big 10 teams down a bowl, the matchups become better and more favorable for the Big 10.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Playing up?

Big 10 has 4 games vs SEC who also has two teams in BCS bowls. Then Big10 #8 Northwestern vs Big12 #7Texas Tech. The only team you might say is playing "up" would be Iowa vs Missouri.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

dubs is just interjecting typical Big Ten and OSU Homer logic here.. :12224

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

OSU vs Bama
MSU vs Miss St
Michigan vs Florida
Penn St vs Missouri
Iowa vs Baylor

Like I said, Big 10 is playing up a bowl in every spot, just like nearly every year of the BCS era.

Go back and look up the 9 losses against SEC schools by the buckeyes, and realize how often the Buckeyes were the lower ranked team.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

If these games wereplayed in the regular season,how many ten teams would actually win these games? OF COURSE you will never know but I dont think they would win any of them.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

I am really starting to dislike the general, he is a complete moron. There is a difference between being a homer and analyzing the situation. If you would get your head out of the high and mighty arrogance of the SEC you would realize that.

The General
If these games were played in the regular season,how many ten teams would actually win these games? OF COURSE you will never know but I dont think they would win any of them.
I guess we will never know the answer to the above question, because you will never see Florida, Alabama, Auburn, or a lot of the other SEC schools leave the friendly confines of their (chuckle) 75,000 seat home stadiums. At least Ohio State attempts to schedule at least one good out of conference team (Washington, USC, Miami, Oklahoma). Whereas if you wanna play the Gators, be prepared to stay in the stae of Florida (Florida State being the only real non-conference opponent they have).

On this topic though, I am thinking 5-2, most likely 4-3. I am thinking Misssouri over Iowa and Florida over Penn State. Maybe, maybe Alabama over Mich. State. But I just don't think Alabama is that good of a team.

On an off note I am also looking for Oregon to win in a blowout over Auburn.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

How about this....

Auburn vs Wisconsin....Auburn
Alabama vs OSU.....Alabama
Arkansas vs MSU.....Arkansas
LSU vs PSU or IOWA......LSU
South Carolina vs PSU or Iowa.....South Carolina
Mississippi St. vs Michigan......Miss. State
Fla. vs Illinois......Fla
Georgia vs Northwestern.....Ga.

Would you agree dubs? And the only ten team that would be favored would be OSU in this scenario...and that is a maybe. Alabama would beat the Buckeyes this year fairly easily and if Alabama were getting 3.5 I would take them and run to the bank the first of the year... :lol:

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Who's the moron Oak?...Alabama not that good? come on :-D ...And Oregon to blow out Auburn?...There is such a delay in the game that I guess anything could happen. But I sort of doubt it..And one more thing.Every year SEC teams play 4-5 of the best teams in the country...all within their own league...So I wouldnt go the stength of schedule route there.

Return to “College Sports”