OU vs UNC sweet 16

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: OU vs UNC sweet 16

Post by Orange and Brown »

I say the Cats pull out a late rally and win by 6. I also think Kellog will have a career night.

GO CATS!!!!!!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

So, even after the George Mason's, VCU's, and Butler's we've watched in recent memory...some still see this as unattainable. I don't get that. As was stated, UNC will probably "own the paint." But, you don't think South Florida owned the paint? We were working for our shots on the offensive end (against one of the best defensive teams in the country who plays in the Big East), and they were getting dunks...but, I think we saw how that one turned out. If D.J., Walt, and Kellogg can heat it up from the perimeter, and we can get some offense out of Ivo (who really struggled against USF's size), we can absolutely pull this off! We may not be big inside, but those kids attack the glass with some pretty good length, and Offutt is a great neutralizer on the glass, as he's able to sneak in amongst the trees for some crafty boards. If Marshall isn't out there, this team will be out of rhythm, and if we can capitalize on that and play that same tenacious D that we gave the Bulls....I think we have a good shot!

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

go bobcats.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

bookem13 wrote:So, even after the George Mason's, VCU's, and Butler's we've watched in recent memory...some still see this as unattainable. I don't get that. As was stated, UNC will probably "own the paint." But, you don't think South Florida owned the paint? We were working for our shots on the offensive end (against one of the best defensive teams in the country who plays in the Big East), and they were getting dunks...but, I think we saw how that one turned out. If D.J., Walt, and Kellogg can heat it up from the perimeter, and we can get some offense out of Ivo (who really struggled against USF's size), we can absolutely pull this off! We may not be big inside, but those kids attack the glass with some pretty good length, and Offutt is a great neutralizer on the glass, as he's able to sneak in amongst the trees for some crafty boards. If Marshall isn't out there, this team will be out of rhythm, and if we can capitalize on that and play that same tenacious D that we gave the Bulls....I think we have a good shot!
Agree 100% nice post

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Ohio shot 8/35 from the field and only down 7 at half to mighty UNC.Ohio has to feel good about that,Now if they can only make some shots in the second half

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

So much for the UNC domination! A few more calls go OU's way and they win this game in regulation,after a lousy first half of shooting,an off night from their star point guard,getting murdered on the boards and after all that UNC was still very lucky to win this game. Good job Cats great season! You made us in SEO very proud.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Bobcats just needed a big to win this game.Hopefully they can land a couple of 6-10 or bigger guys in the next year or two.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I did something I rarely do at home and I shouted the f bombed after the missed free throws at :35 seconds left in regulation. The Mrs. didn't like it, but she understood. Dog gone it, just a couple of bounces one way or another, and the Bobcats are still playing. Well, we are all still proud of you. Let's get r' dun next year!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Great season, Bobcats!!!!!! You pushed #1 seed North Carolina to the brink in overtime. You did us proud!

There are no seniors on the Bobcats team. They will be a force to reckon with next year!

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Let's hope Groce doesn't leave....

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The little train that could just fell one chug short. Still, great season. They will be scary good for a mid-major next year if Cooper stays.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

dazed&confused wrote:The little train that could just fell one chug short. Still, great season. They will be scary good for a mid-major next year if Cooper stays.
I really like Cooper but some of the shots he was taking last night was Horrible.....Granted I dont know as much about OU as you guys do but I watched a couple games here and there and I would love to see that program be a powerhouse.. Also OSU should Schedule them and Cincy on a yearly basis its only good for the State of Ohio...

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Everybody is back....and added will be 6'5" guard Caris LaVert from Pickerington Central....playin for the D1 Ohio championship tonight....plus a 6'8" transfer from Mizzou with a 7'1" wingspan.....Walter Offut is a beast.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

a lil late but wow what a game....Ohio should've won this game with that free throw and DJ cooper just couldn't get it going, didn't take very good shots and forced here and there. and Ohio still lossed by 1, Walter offutt played outstanding on both ends of the floor and with no seniors like everyone is saying this team will do some damage next year.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Looks like Illinois has their eye on Grose.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I knew we would lose the game once we got to OT. You can't win in OT by shooting from the cheap seats. That was the one point in the game where I wish we could play inside the paint with them.....

GREAT season by the CATS! I am proud to be a Bobcat, and I hope next year the Cats can make a run just like this one. I'm 34 and this was the most excited I have ever been about the NCAA tourny and I love March Madness so that's saying something!

Thanks for a great season Bobcats!
and to all the haters who kept saying that Ohio wasn't that good or over rated throughout the season..........HOW DOES THAT CROW TASTE????

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I loved seeing Kansas take out Carolina. :razz:

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Poor D.J. couldnt' throw it in the ocean if he was wading in it! I was frustrated with some of his shots, too, but he's taken those all year...and it's a major reason why we were there in the first place. It looks like the Big 10 and Illinois is coming to rain on our parade, but hopefully whoever comes next will continue what Coach Groce has done. How about Geno...I thought Bradley was a lateral move anyway from Kent St...maybe he makes another one to come home with this special group! Irregardless, it is a great day to be a Bobcat!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Coach Groce is all but gone.
He'll be in Illinois this evening. Reports out of there are that it's basically a done deal.

Good news is OU already has a list of replacements, and Jeff Boals is the top guy on it.
Boals would be a great hire, and will pick up right where Groce leaves off.

I think I'd still hold out hope that Groce stays, but it's not looking good.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

from what im seeing on twitter, illinois is expected to announce their new basketball coach at 3 today . looks like it will be groce, haven't heard any other coaches that are top canidates

Return to “College Sports”