Can Ohio State repeat?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Can Ohio State repeat?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

nothing we can do about the schedule. I wish Maryland and Rutgers were never added, but it is what it is. and our OOC is not that strong this year outside of da hokies. I'm just pleased the big 10 decide no more d2 teams on the schedules. no need for it. no shortage of teams wanting a huge payday at the shoe.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:nothing we can do about the schedule. I wish Maryland and Rutgers were never added, but it is what it is. and our OOC is not that strong this year outside of da hokies. I'm just pleased the big 10 decide no more d2 teams on the schedules. no need for it. no shortage of teams wanting a huge payday at the shoe.
Got to agree with you on that Bait. The main reason for that expansion was money. I'd wish the FBS would go back to 120 teams and each conference would have 12 teams, everyone play either 8 or 9 conference games, a championship game, and be more geographical/traditional; no independents and Power 5-6 conferences don't play FCS teams. As for OSU's non-conference schedule, keep an eye out for Northern Illinois as well. Defending MAC Champs and are good most years and always looking to be a Power-5 team. Not saying they will beat Ohio State, but they could give OSU an issue or 2.
Last edited by cghs82 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

western Michigan had a nice year as well.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:western Michigan had a nice year as well.
Now that I think about it, I think Western Michigan and Northern Illinois are predicted to finish 1-2 in the MAC West Division this year. Whether that happens or not, that's a different story.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Actually I think Toledo is picked to win the West and the Mac as a whole this year with Northern Ill. and Western Mich. picked 2 and 3 in the West,Bowling Green is supposed to be top dog in the East from what they're saying

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Team (First Place Votes) Points

MAC East Division
1. Bowling Green (18) 160
T2. Ohio (1) 118
T2. Akron (2) 118
4. UMass (3) 113
5. Buffalo 70
6. Miami 47
7. Kent State 46

MAC West Division
1. Toledo (11) 121
2. Western Michigan (8) 120
3. Northern Illinois (4) 113
4. Ball State 66
5. Central Michigan (1) 56
6. Eastern Michigan 28

2015 Marathon MAC Championship Game Winner: Toledo (9); Western Michigan (8); Northern Illinois (6); Central Michigan (1).

Here was the media preseason polls from the MAC. Yeah, Toledo is predicted 1st in the west, but Western Michigan and Northern Illinois are right there. Bowling Green should run away with the East. Hopefully Western Michigan and Northern Illinois have great seasons along with Virginia Tech to make Ohio State's non-conference schedule look tougher and better for the playoff committee. Hawaii usually isn't that good so I wouldn't expect too much out of them, but then again, it'll be a short week to prepare for that game.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

OSU had four turnovers in the first half against Oregon, all unforced. Subpar play and 4-5 turnovers can result in a loss.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes i remember 4 turnovers and still won the national championship.
them things nearly never go together in the same sentence.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I absolutely love the non-conference schedule. Quality opponents with track records of success (ok, not so much Hawaii). Northern Illinois and Oregon are the only two schools to have won at least 11 games each of the last 5 years. Western Michigan will be tough again, as well. VT has been in a bowl game every year since 1993.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

fuzzhead wrote:I absolutely love the non-conference schedule. Quality opponents with track records of success (ok, not so much Hawaii). Northern Illinois and Oregon are the only two schools to have won at least 11 games each of the last 5 years. Western Michigan will be tough again, as well. VT has been in a bowl game every year since 1993.
It may not be the toughest non-conference schedule in the nation, but it is pretty good and is much better than Baylor (@ SMU, Lamar (FCS), Rice) and TCU's (@ Minnesota, Stephen F. Austin, SmU) non-conferece schedule. Ok, Minnesota may be a positive this year for TCU if Minnesota has another good year this year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:I absolutely love the non-conference schedule. Quality opponents with track records of success (ok, not so much Hawaii). Northern Illinois and Oregon are the only two schools to have won at least 11 games each of the last 5 years. Western Michigan will be tough again, as well. VT has been in a bowl game every year since 1993.
It may not be the toughest non-conference schedule in the nation, but it is pretty good and is much better than Baylor (@ SMU, Lamar (FCS), Rice) and TCU's (@ Minnesota, Stephen F. Austin, SmU) non-conferece schedule. Ok, Minnesota may be a positive this year for TCU if Minnesota has another good year this year.
Amen, GoBucks. I'm sick of hearing about how TCU and Baylor got screwed over last year. Over the last decade, the big gripe against OSU was their soft schedule and the fact they didn't have a conference championship. Well, both arguments went against the Big 12 teams and OSU benefitted. Deal with it, haters.

I really believe Minnesota can win the West. Good coach and they have Nebraska and Wisconsin at home. They're my darkhorse in the B1G.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Urban said last year was not the team he expected to win the championship, but this year's team would be the one, and I'd say he's a pretty good prognasticator, don't you guys?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Not if he didn't think they would win it last year,so that means they won't win this year lol J/K

Return to “College Sports”