SEOPS Hippo

Re: OHIO STATE @ VA. TECH--YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great win by the bucks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the left side of our secondary needs addressed very badly.but once the sleeping giant woke up. it was lights out.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Omega wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Play calling is leaving a lot to be desired so far.

VPI ahead 17-14 at half after trailing 14-0. Tech winning on offense through misdirection. Winning on defense by stacking the box and taking the inside run away. OSU losing through mistakes.Jones started but has been slow (not quick) in getting plays to develop. 2014 game repeat? Maybe 2nd half be different..
Ohio State righted the ship thanks to Braxton Miller and Brewer's injury taking the wind out of the Hokies. Talent wise, there are few teams that can compare with Ohio State. The mental focus for the Buckeyes or the lack of it is their enemy.
Special teams also need work. I would prefer Barrett over Jones at QB due to quickness of foot and mind.

I have much respect for Beamer and Foster. They made a game of it through coaching despite having fewer talents.
If they had Brewer for the entire game, the outcome would have been the same but much closer in score.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

It actually went a Little bit like I expected, except I did not expect to be behind at half time. Even with all the talent and all the hype this is still a first game in a hostile environment. And that place was ROCKIN before kickoff. Meyer and company will have a lot if things to iron out this weekeven though we played a lot better in the second half. With the teams we play over the next 3 weeks. We should reAlly start to hit our stride by week 4-5. Give credit to va tech. That bear defense is just tough to play against they made our oline Look pretty bad At times last night. The secondary looked pretty shaky too.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Game was like I predicted! Good for about 3 quarters then OSU pulled away in the 4th.The injury to Brewer opened the flood gates ,they had no passing game when he went out and the defense could tee off on the running game.The defense looked shaky when Brewer was in there,DBS were getting lost a lot! Hopefully Bosa would have made them look a little better with his wrecking ball play up front.Offense looks like they have not missed a beat since last year.Well it gets boring now, not much to talk about except weak opponents getting blown out.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

With or without Brewer, VT wasn't going to win this game. He was only going to make the final score closer.

OSU has great depth. The only thing, at this point, that can stop the Buckeyes is themselves.

Urban Meyer has that look of someone who has a secret and isn't going to let anyone else in on it.

Right now, everyone else is playing for the #2 thru #4 spots.

And I say this being a WVU fan.

Return to “College Sports”