NORTHERN ILLINOIS@OHIO STATE--YOUR THOUGHTS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: NORTHERN ILLINOIS@OHIO STATE--YOUR THOUGHTS!

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:There's more to be gained by playing close games than winning by 40, week in and out. Games like these help keep kids grounded, present coaching opportunities and it will help them come playoffs.

I AGREE FRIEND. I SURE MISS THE QUARTERBACK WHISPERER, TOM HERMAN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Trenchfoot wrote:Agree, but if it's too close on an off day, it could end up in a big fat L. Close ones like this game could break the chances for a repeat NC from happening. JMO Fido.
AND I AGREE HERE AS WELL. I TOLD PEOPLE NIU WAS TOUGH. BUT CHEESE N CRACKERS 5 TURNOVERS REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Just my thoughts...

It starts and ends with their offensive line. OSU is a power football team and the O line has failed to deliver.

Improve the O line play and the other issues (who is the QB, play calling etc) will work themselves out.

Few issues on the defensive side of the ball.

I understand that NIU is not in a power 5 conference but they are a good football program regardless of their conference affiliation, they just lack national respect.

Urban and staff will be coaching up the line this week and getting some answers.

Western Michigan should not be taken lightly considering OSU O line issues but OSU defense will deliver and OSU will get the win.

Also, the fans in the stands aren't giving the Buckeyes much of a home field advantage. From the tv broadcasts, at times, the Shoe sounds like a funeral home. With a fan base like OSU has, that should never happen.

Bucks continue to work out issues and get the win straight up vs the Broncos but they won't cover the Vegas spread. Sadly, I think that covering the spread is becoming an unofficial stat towards who the top 4 could be.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

reading this is comedic gold ... you guys have NIU being a top ten team from the threads here . funny stuff .

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Not a top ten team. Not a top 25 team. But they do have a solid program and are a worthy FBS opponent.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Western Mich. was picked to finish higher than NIU this year in the Mac West.Bucks better get it together on offense starting this week and I think they will as long as Meyer picks one QB and sticks with it and quits trying to be fancy and keep people happy.Just pound the ball behind the big experienced line and pass when needed to keep from being too predictable.I predict they wake up from their nightmare this week.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Trenchfoot wrote:Agree, but if it's too close on an off day, it could end up in a big fat L. Close ones like this game could break the chances for a repeat NC from happening. JMO Fido.
I agree...there wasn't much room for error this past weekend....

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Anyone here remember 2002? Close games and near-death escapes. How'd that end up? 3-0 people!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

POUND THE ROCK-----------TO SET UP THE PASS. NOTHING FANCY, SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Agree You're Tiger Bait.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Good post mister B.

Return to “College Sports”