Looking deeper into the top teams contending for Playoff Spots and or Conference Championships.

Valenth
SEOP

Looking deeper into the top teams contending for Playoff Spots and or Conference Championships.

Post by Valenth »

Lets take a look at how these teams stack up... Heres some quite telling of Stats.

Teams that are fighting for playoff Spots/Conference Championships.

1.Alabama - 12-0
2.Ohio State - 11-1
3.Clemson - 11-1
4.Washington 11-1
5.Wisconsin 10-2
6.Penn State 10-2
7.Colorado 10-2
8.Oklahoma 9-2
9.Oklahoma State 9-2
10.Virginia Tech 9-3
11.Florida 8-3

2016 College Football Strength of Schedule – By Win/Loss Method

(This Stat Stands out BIG TIME of the resume of each team and their schedule.)

1. Wisconsin – 98-57, 63.2%
2. Alabama – 97-58, 62.6%
3. Ohio State – 95-61, 60.9%
4. Colorado – 90-65, 58.1%
5. Washington – 88-66, 57.1%
6. Penn State – 88-67, 56.8%
7. Oklahoma – 87-67, 56.5%
8. Oklahoma State – 80-71, 53.0%
9. Virginia Tech – 79-71, 52.7%
10. Florida – 69-78, 46.9%
11. Clemson – 67-81, 45.3%

Teams Record Vs Top 10 Teams

1. Ohio State 3-0
2. Alabama 2-0
3. Clemson 1-0
4. Florida 1-0
5. Penn State 1-1
6. Wisconsin 1-2
7. Washington 0-1
8. Oklahoma 0-1
9. Colorado 0-2
10. Virginia tech 0-0 (First Playing a Top 10 team in Conference Championship)
11. Oklahoma State 0-0 (First playing a Top 10 team in Conference Championship)

These last two Stats are HUGE parts of Resumes that the Committee looks at. And I think these two stats are why Ohio State is at #2.

I believe its faily safe to say that Oklahoma or Oklahoma State will NOT make Playoffs with 2 losses and no Conference Championship game. UNLESS if Florida and or Virginia Tech can pull of some weird voodoo stuff....

If Florida wins... I still think they put Alabama in with just 1 loss......

If Virginia Tech wins... the ACC is OUT no question. (No Way they put a 3 loss Conference Champion in)

Then it would leave an open door for....

1 Loss Ohio State (Best quality 1 Loss team)
B1G Winner
PAC12 Winner Most Likely........ (If Washington Wins)
BIG XII Winner POSSIBLY..........(If Colorado Defeated Washington)
More than likely a 1 loss Alabama team (Knowing how much they are obsessed with them.)

farmer
SEOP

Re: Looking deeper into the top teams contending for Playoff Spots and or Conference Championships.

Post by farmer »

There you go with stats that ONLY a GRAND SLAM would use, Because a homer is just not good enough.

Valenth
SEOP

Re: Looking deeper into the top teams contending for Playoff Spots and or Conference Championships.

Post by Valenth »

farmer wrote:There you go with stats that ONLY a GRAND SLAM would use, Because a homer is just not good enough.
I guess maybe I should stop posting then...

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I just went with Legitimate Stats that was easy to compile and Share. I try to be balanced. I really do.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I AGREE

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SOMEBODY MIGHT GET BUTT HURT NOT FLINGIN ANY NAMES OUT THERE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Valenth wrote:Lets take a look at how these teams stack up... Heres some quite telling of Stats.

1.Alabama - 12-0
2.Ohio State - 11-1
3.Clemson - 11-1
4.Washington 11-1
5.Wisconsin 10-2
6.Penn State 10-2
7.Colorado 10-2
8.Oklahoma 9-2
9.Oklahoma State 9-2
10.Virginia Tech 9-3
11.Florida 8-3

10. Florida – 69-78, 46.9%
11. Clemson – 67-81, 45.3%

Teams Record Vs Top 10 Teams

1. Ohio State 3-0
2. Alabama 2-0
3. Clemson 1-0
4. Florida 1-0
5. Penn State 1-1
6. Wisconsin 1-2
7. Washington 0-1
8. Oklahoma 0-1
9. Colorado 0-2
10. Virginia tech 0-0 (First Playing a Top 10 team in Conference Championship)
11. Oklahoma State 0-0 (First playing a Top 10 team in Conference Championship)

These last two Stats are HUGE parts of Resumes that the Committee looks at. And I think these two stats are why Ohio State is at #2.

I believe its faily safe to say that Oklahoma or Oklahoma State will NOT make Playoffs with 2 losses and no Conference Championship game. UNLESS if Florida and or Virginia Tech can pull of some weird voodoo stuff....

If Florida wins... I still think they put Alabama in with just 1 loss......

If Virginia Tech wins... the ACC is OUT no question. (No Way they put a 3 loss Conference Champion in)

Then it would leave an open door for....

1 Loss Ohio State (Best quality 1 Loss team)
B1G Winner
PAC12 Winner Most Likely........ (If Washington Wins)
BIG XII Winner POSSIBLY..........(If Colorado Defeated Washington)
More than likely a 1 loss Alabama team (Knowing how much they are obsessed with them.)
Valenth, care to do me a favor and toss Michigan into the pile of playoff contenders, and maybe tomorrow evening, update the team record vs. top 10 teams to the currently ranked top 10 (as of tomorrow night at the release) as opposed to the ranking at the time of the game because currently, a 10-2 Michigan team is 3-1 vs. the current top 10 CFP teams (only Ohio State can match that, and the next closest is Penn State at 1-1). If I calculated correct, Michigan would be 91-66 58.0% in the strength of schedule, which is basically tied with Colorado, who Michigan beat. Iowa is currently ranked in the coaches and AP polls after destroying Nebraska, and it could move into the CFP Top 25 and make Michigan's other loss look better (like when Penn State opening the initial CFP rankings at #12 and made OSU"s loss look like a good loss).

Think of this, IF Colorado beats Washington, Michigan would have a win over a 2-loss Pac-12 Champ Colorado, Wisconsin, and Penn State (winner of the latter 2 teams will be the 2-loss Big Ten Champ). Assuming Alabama, OSU, and Clemson take the first 3 spots, Michigan would have the head-to-head over the PAC-12 Champion and the Big Ten Champion (both 2 losses), and, I think, have a strong strength of schedule, stronger than everyone in the list but Wisconsin, Bama, and OSU (essentially tied with Colorado). Yes, Michigan did not win their conference, like OSU, but despite losing 2 of their last 3 games (both could be against ranked opponents), but there is the potential that Michigan, like OSU, could have 2 wins over conference champions. A 2-loss Big 12 Champion would not be able to compare to Michigan's resume even if Washington beats Colorado. I think Michigan definitely has a strong argument to potentially sneak back into the playoff as a 4th seed with a little help, and I would not be surprised to see them ranked 4th this week over Washington, but 5th seems the most likely for this week's CFP rankings.

[*]I do agree with you that Alabama is in regardless of the outcome of the SEC Championship, and that the ACC is out if Virginia Tech wins the ACC Championship. Ohio State is certainly in with a Wisconsin win, but still has a good chance if Penn State wins.
[*]I would consider Virginia Tech and Florida out of playoff contention unless they are ranked in the top 12 tomorrow night (unlikely), but a New Years Bowl is certainly still at play with a win in their conference championship.
[*]I think winner of Bedlam (Oklahoma-Oklahoma St.) would probably need to win impressively, Clemson, Washington, and Wisconsin to all lose, Alabama to lose by 60+ points, and then fight for their life to have a chance for a playoff spot (in other words, Ann Arbor freeze over ;)).
[*]Colorado I think is in a similar, but better boat, but I feel they have a better chance with the conference championship game and would need beat Washington impressively, Clemson and Wisconsin to all lose, and then beat out Penn State for the final spot.
[*]Winner of Wisconsin/Penn State could make it with a Clemson or Washington loss as a 2-loss champion, but would probably need both to lose to get a great chance of making the playoff; Wisconsin certainly has a higher chance of making the playoff in either of the previous 2 scenarios than Penn State, and Wisconsin could even make a good case for the 4th spot even if Washington wins because of strength of schedule.
[*]Michigan just needs Washington or Clemson to lose and I think it would be enough, especially if Penn State wins, but both Washington and Clemson losing would likely put them in; Michigan, like Wisconsin, has a very good case for the 4th spot even if Washington wins
[*]If Clemson and Washington both win, I think you see:
IN:
1. Alabama 2. Ohio State 3. Clemson 4. Washington
First 2 Out:
5. Michigan, 6. Wisconsin/Penn State winner
(Michigan and Wisconsin could easily move into 4th ahead of Washington because of strength of schedule despite 2 losses)

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Sorry that there is a lot above to read.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Here is updated Stats with Michigan included and Updated W/L vs Top 10 Teams.

1.Alabama - 12-0
2.Ohio State - 11-1
3.Clemson - 11-1
4.Washington 11-1
5.Michigan 10-2
6.Wisconsin 10-2
7.Penn State 10-2
8.Colorado 10-2
9.Oklahoma 9-2
10.Oklahoma State 9-2
11.Virginia Tech 9-3
12.Florida 8-3

10. Michigan – 78-76, 50.6%
11. Florida – 69-78, 46.9%
12. Clemson – 67-81, 45.3%

Teams Record Vs CURRENT Top 10 Teams

1. Michigan 3-1
2. Ohio State 3-1
3. Penn State 1-1
T-4. Alabama 0-0
T-4. Clemson 0-0
T-4. Florida 0-0
T-4. Washington 0-0
T-4 Virginia tech 0-0 (First Playing a Top 10 team in Conference Championship)8. Oklahoma 0-1
T-4. Oklahoma State 0-0 (First playing a Top 10 team in Conference Championship)9. Colorado 0-1
T-10. Oklahoma 0-1
T-10. Colorado 0-1
12. Wisconsin 0-2
Last edited by Valenth on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Heres another telling stat...
Attachments
15193533_10154303894634022_6034044634820157140_n.jpg
15193533_10154303894634022_6034044634820157140_n.jpg (18.71 KiB) Viewed 1718 times

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good info Valenth

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:Good info Valenth
BR did I mention mishigun phu***ckin' sucks? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The oddest thing to me is... they consider Clemson's schedule 3rd Strongest. Yet they have 0 wins vs top 10 teams and they have complete schedule where the W/L of the teams they've played add up to sub .500

Clemson – 67-81, 45.3%

I'm not 100% sure on their math.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Valenth wrote:The oddest thing to me is... they consider Clemson's schedule 3rd Strongest. Yet they have 0 wins vs top 10 teams and they have complete schedule where the W/L of the teams they've played add up to sub .500

Clemson – 67-81, 45.3%

45.27027 and they are in the top 4 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

noreply66 wrote:
Valenth wrote:The oddest thing to me is... they consider Clemson's schedule 3rd Strongest. Yet they have 0 wins vs top 10 teams and they have complete schedule where the W/L of the teams they've played add up to sub .500

Clemson – 67-81, 45.3%

45.27027 and they are in the top 4 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
AND LOST TO MARK MAY, AT HOME!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Valenth wrote:Heres another telling stat...
I'd love to play peppers and mishiclump again they friggin SUUUUUUUUCK!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Honestly not convinced that after watching PSU vs. MSU last weekend that Penn State is not a better team (especially offensively) than the Buckeyes as much as I hate to admit that.

If PSU beats Wisconsin badly (like OSU did to MSU a couple years ago) in the Conference Championship game they are going to have a very good case to be in the final 4.

If the committee is smart tonight they will move OSU to #3 and Clemson to #2 and at least be prepared for what lies ahead with this coming weekends conference championship games.

If Alabama, Clemson and Washington win, and PSU wins "convincingly" they should be in at #4, sorry, just being objective.

If Alabama and Clemson wins and Washington loses, and PSU wins "convincingly" then there would be an argument for OSU and PSU.

Just think PSU is playing better right now (and USC is playing pretty dang good right now too but no way they can get in).

For all you people that will say that OSU gave it away to PSU in the 4th quarter, I would simply remind you that is the same way OSU won over Michigan.

Committee needs to plan ahead and drop OSU to #3 tonight.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Penn State only beat the Buck when their player vaulted off one of their own to block the FG. Ref didn't call it. Bucks would have had a first down and a sure TD soon.

Against Meatchicken the 1st down was made on 4th down. Everyone on TV was looking at the Tvs Yellow line which is twice the width of the regular white line. Had to go over the white line for the 1st and that is what they did [as per ref]. They had to go 3 to 4 inches less than what the TV was showing. Hairball was looking at the replay with the yellow line. Take the yellow line out as shown later he made it without question.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

noreply66 wrote:Penn State only beat the Buck when their player vaulted off one of their own to block the FG. Ref didn't call it. Bucks would have had a first down and a sure TD soon.

Against Meatchicken the 1st down was made on 4th down. Everyone on TV was looking at the Tvs Yellow line which is twice the width of the regular white line. Had to go over the white line for the 1st and that is what they did [as per ref]. They had to go 3 to 4 inches less than what the TV was :lol: showing. Hairball was looking at the replay with the yellow line. Take the yellow line out as shown later he made it without question.
psu actually had a kick blocked also and a bad snap led to a safety. In reality they kicked ohio and that weak Offense's butt :lol: ...They sacked The Statue 6 times :lol: ...He likes to hold it and get sacked :lol: ...No question about that. Gets HOMERS all up in arms about ED and the O-Line...And that O-line is just another weakness of this team. psu also had 11 other TFL's...for someone like you nope...means that they got ohios runners down 11 times behind the LOS for losses :lol: .....The football game against Michigan was poorly officiated. If the officials would have called The Statue short of the 1st down mark It would not have been overturned. This game was a Clunker

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Abe Froman wrote:Honestly not convinced that after watching PSU vs. MSU last weekend that Penn State is not a better team (especially offensively) than the Buckeyes as much as I hate to admit that.

If PSU beats Wisconsin badly (like OSU did to MSU a couple years ago) in the Conference Championship game they are going to have a very good case to be in the final 4.

If the committee is smart tonight they will move OSU to #3 and Clemson to #2 and at least be prepared for what lies ahead with this coming weekends conference championship games.

If Alabama, Clemson and Washington win, and PSU wins "convincingly" they should be in at #4, sorry, just being objective.

If Alabama and Clemson wins and Washington loses, and PSU wins "convincingly" then there would be an argument for OSU and PSU.

Just think PSU is playing better right now (and USC is playing pretty dang good right now too but no way they can get in).

For all you people that will say that OSU gave it away to PSU in the 4th quarter, I would simply remind you that is the same way OSU won over Michigan.

Committee needs to plan ahead and drop OSU to #3 tonight.
You are a wise man Abe!!...PSU won the Division!!..They are going to play for a Title.....ohio is an also-ran who is staying home this weekend..They beat Oklahoma last summer,as did Houston. They beat a grossly overrated wisconsin team who has 1 quality win last summer and who ,in realty,could not beat 20-30 teams in this country right now. They won over UM last week in of the ugliest,low-quality wins I have ever seen. Neither team can run the football. Neither team can throw it. One team is slower than hell and the other does one thing well and that is get up field against the opponents QB and pressure him with a stunt behind. Slug Pugs

Return to “College Sports”