Ohio State football recruiting 2013

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Ohio State football recruiting 2013

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Mike Mitchell said in an interview that after spending the all star week with Bell, and seeing him develop a friendship with Jalin Marshall, that he thinks OSU will get Vonn Bell.

The thing that is making people nervous about losing him is that Saban is doing his in home visit after the Buckeyes get him on campus. Which is a legit concern.

Saban and Meyer are both taking the lead in recruitment, and Saban would actually be Bell's position coach too.

Meyer is pitching playing both ways. Which would be very interesting.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

That is my area of concern is bama gets a crack at him after OSU. So if Meyer wants him he better lay a big impression this weekend and try for a commitment.

Too like u said, the fact Meyer and saban are both personally recruiting him and Saban is the DB coach could make the difference maker. That along with the fact bama has won 3 of 4 titles and make it quit appealing for any big recruit to wanna go there lol.

But I really hope they could land him. That would be a very strong secondary, strong LB and overall strong D class that is needed. Plus some playmakers on offense.

I seen where him and Jalin Marshall hit it off well and became close. Isn't Marshall suppose to host or atleast have some hand in this weekends visit?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Marshall is taking his visit this week too.
Both players are bringing their whole family.
The UM basketball game at VCA is part of the visit, so a great crowd there could help.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Good deal. I knew it was something along the lines he was suppose to be with him.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Mark Pantoni (director of football operations, and basically Meyer's recruiting rolodex) just tweeted
"Hoping to ring the Victory Bell this weekend."

Not so subtle masking of his big recruiting weekend with Vonn Bell.
I'm sure the same people who blasted Zack Smith about his Quick tweet being innappropriate will be back.
But, if Pantoni is doing it, then we know that Meyer is not opposed to such trivial veiled tweets.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I noticed the the victory bell tweet by Pantoni last night lol. Like u said, zach smith and Tom Herman had all the "quick" tweets going last Friday. I don't know why people gotta get on there and complain and whine about lil dumb, insignificant stuff like that. If anything, be thankful for the aggressive recruiting and the recruiters ability to have fun and joke. It's what's gonna win us a championship. If they don't like it I turn your computers and television off from January to September lol

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Glenville ATH: Christpher Worley is in. Committed today, before he even arrived for his official visit.

I've seen talk of pluging him in at LB.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

We are now at 82. Which is the number we have to keep for this season and next.

Any other commits, means somebody else is leaving.

They are looking to get 2-3 more.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

If we get Von Bell I will kiss a Hobo here in Vegas... Fact!!!!
But in order to get him this 3 things must happen
1. The Weather has to be decent in Columbus
2. Urban has to Beg and Plead like never before and Impress the kids entire family
3. The Schott has to be rocking and we HAVE TO UPSET SCum!!!
If we do at least 2 f the 3 I think Bell is a Buckeye and that aint bad as Meatloaf would say!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Going to be 63 degrees Saturday, 54 on Sunday.
Students have already set up tents at VCA 2 days in advance of the game.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

From The Plain Dealer, Worley on playing for the Buckeyes:
"I grew up watching OSU and Troy Smith".

Your Welcome, and We're all OLD!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Vonn Bell's visit went great.
They say they completely bought into what we are building, and gave the visit an A.

They had him with Shaizier and Brax.

Reading his brother's twitter, it seems that the only downside was that Brax and Shaizier were too responsible, and didn't get 2 underage high school kids drunk and laid.

Seems like Bama might be able to hook up with Bell if they hook up his brother with McCarron's girlfriend!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Man I was thinking the same thing. His brother seemed like a grade A douche bag who only wanted to party and worry about the night life. Every tweet was about not getting in a club or having to pay cover charges instead or something stupid. I believe OSU intent with this visit, along with braxton and shazier, was to show these kids what the program is about, the academics and what to expect at OSU. It wasn't to show them the hot spots to score some ladies and get wasted lol. Bells brother may have just been a compete douche and vonn see through it and appreciate the meaning of his visit.

But glad to hear it went well. I couldn't imagine a OSU visit under Meyer not going well. It's all up to Saban now and see what he can do.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:Man I was thinking the same thing. His brother seemed like a grade A douche bag who only wanted to party and worry about the night life. Every tweet was about not getting in a club or having to pay cover charges instead or something stupid. I believe OSU intent with this visit, along with braxton and shazier, was to show these kids what the program is about, the academics and what to expect at OSU. It wasn't to show them the hot spots to score some ladies and get wasted lol. Bells brother may have just been a compete douche and vonn see through it and appreciate the meaning of his visit.

But glad to hear it went well. I couldn't imagine a OSU visit under Meyer not going well. It's all up to Saban now and see what he can do.
This is why OSU needs to put a limit on who comes along it should be strictly Parents.. Bell should have told his brother to shut his mouth and stay off twitter.. You can take the Thug out of the Hood but cant the Hood out of the Thug... For Vonn's sake I hope he gets away from his brother because he sounds like a liability and trouble..

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I agree. Last thing he should have done is been posting that ignorant stuff on twitter making himself look like a jackass and not helping his brothers image. Like we talked about earlier, this visits aren't about hooking you up with money, hookers and clubs like back in the day lol

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Bell's brother was not happy that they had to pay a cover to get into a couple places.

I, on the other hand was very happy that the club didn't waive the cover for Shazier, Philly Brown, Brax, and a high profile recruit.
That is a violation.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

I have thought this over and I see it like this.... I really dont care if we get this kid or not.. I feel like he just used OSU to get a free trip to Columbus... I think this kid is Bama all the way.. And If so I hope he don't do Diddly Squat there... Ive always heard you run with the dogs you get the fleas... Im already over Vonn Bell

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Bell's brother was not happy that they had to pay a cover to get into a couple places.

I, on the other hand was very happy that the club didn't waive the cover for Shazier, Philly Brown, Brax, and a high profile recruit.
That is a violation.

Agree 110%! ...these are still amateur athletes and their status shouldn't get them special favors. That's the reason we are on probation now. Definitely can't afford for anything else to happen over some ignorant stuff. I don't know why he would even think they would get special favors being a athlete, or atleast feel entitled to get them

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

4* WR shelton Gibson is off the board. Committed to wvu today

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I think he was taken off the board by the staff earlier.
Grades were a big issue.
OSU has went after several other really good WRs to close the class.

Return to “College Sports”