NORTHERN ILLINOIS@OHIO STATE--YOUR THOUGHTS!

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: NORTHERN ILLINOIS@OHIO STATE--YOUR THOUGHTS!

Post by Omega »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Play calling by the Bucks have made this a game.

More than play calling, TOSU just seems slow and confused on offense. Saw a comment on another forum that the 2015 defending champ Buckeyes look like the 2014 defending champ Florida State.
FSU finished the regular season undefeated but struggled in almost every game. I guess believing your own press clippings leads to complacency. Second half to go, maybe they can get their minds straight.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thank God for defense and the very conservative play calling by NIU ! OSU offense has looked horrible again!

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

Thank God the buckeyes have a weak schedule!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

lol, amen to that!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Northern Illinois looks like the better team

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

And the offense bumbles again

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

NIU punting the ball with 3 minutes left ? Thank you, horrible coaching plus good defense saved the Bucks hyde today,,oops Bucks offense gives it up again,maybe it was the right call :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Man oh man was that ever ugly! Guess were going to have to hope for another year like 2003 where defense is stingy win a bunch of close games against undermatched opponents.Offense just doesn't look the same this year,they were starting to roll by this time last year.They need to pound the running game more and shelve the fancy smancy stuff IMO.Thomas looks like their only good receiver who can get open.They definitely miss Devin Smith and are they missing Tom Herman that much?

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

I was at the game today, I was very disappointed! Play calling is questionable at best on offense! You saw that first series JT was in that running Zeke a few times opens up the passing game, was their only good series of the game. For some reason, I have no idea why, that worked and they never went back to it again! The OC needs to pull his head out of his butt! A lot of what they were struggling with has a lot to do with the play calling IMO.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yep I think Herman might be more missed than we ever imagined he would be.Meyer has got to pick his QB this week and stay with it.The two headed monster is not working and rarely ever does.I think Barrett gives them the best chance ,but he has got to get the majority snaps in practice and games and not looking over his shoulder.I don't understand it because they looked pretty decent in the VA Tech game,goes to show how things can change in three weeks time.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Play calling is awful... Herman is missed big time. Urbs needs to get involved.

O line is slow and not physical like last year. Last year they improved every game and this year they have gotten worse.

No deep ball at all. Forget the talk about Devin Smith. Michale Thomas is more than capable but they won't throw it deep. Thus the running game is stale.

Big trouble if they don't get things fixed. I hope UFM can deflate their heads and get them hungry again.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Co offensive coordinators is never a good thing, I think they try to out think each other, and the qb issue should have worked itself out today, Jones rides the pine the rest of the year in my opinion,except for mopup jobs. He's to full of himself, three games does not make you a superstar even if you win the national title.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Remember someone saying..."Cupcake schedule" until MS???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :122245

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Weeping and knashing of teeth, eh? NIU is no cupcake. I think Va Tech would be a serious team if they hadn't lost their QB. OSU sleepwalked through Hawaii. So where does that leave us? Well, last time I checked this morning, tOSU was 3-0. Being tested early is not a liability. Now when they lose one, I'll worry. Everyone is talking now about how Sparty is the class of the B1G. I hope they believe that. I'll make a prediction that by the time they come to the Shoe, the Bucks will have ironed out their offenesive yips. Yes there is a new coordinator but let us not forget that the HC is a pretty good offensive guy. Jeez people, it's September. They're undefeated. Style points don't count for this team. Like I said before, wake me up when Sparty comes to town.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

dazed&confused wrote:Weeping and knashing of teeth, eh? NIU is no cupcake. I think Va Tech would be a serious team if they hadn't lost their QB. OSU sleepwalked through Hawaii. So where does that leave us? Well, last time I checked this morning, tOSU was 3-0. Being tested early is not a liability. Now when they lose one, I'll worry. Everyone is talking now about how Sparty is the class of the B1G. I hope they believe that. I'll make a prediction that by the time they come to the Shoe, the Bucks will have ironed out their offenesive yips. Yes there is a new coordinator but let us not forget that the HC is a pretty good offensive guy. Jeez people, it's September. They're undefeated. Style points don't count for this team. Like I said before, wake me up when Sparty comes to town.

But style points do count. We should not be having close games with the Nothern Illinois of the world as the #1 team and the talent we have on offense. Serious problems up front on offense and still no offensive identity. This close game might be what they needed as a wake up call.

Take away the pick six Lee had and this is a tied game. With NIU......yes there is reason for concern. They have plenty of time to get MUCH better, but it has to start NOW and UFM had to get more involved in the offensive scheme.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

dazed&confused wrote:Weeping and knashing of teeth, eh? NIU is no cupcake. I think Va Tech would be a serious team if they hadn't lost their QB. OSU sleepwalked through Hawaii. So where does that leave us? Well, last time I checked this morning, tOSU was 3-0. Being tested early is not a liability. Now when they lose one, I'll worry. Everyone is talking now about how Sparty is the class of the B1G. I hope they believe that. I'll make a prediction that by the time they come to the Shoe, the Bucks will have ironed out their offenesive yips. Yes there is a new coordinator but let us not forget that the HC is a pretty good offensive guy. Jeez people, it's September. They're undefeated. Style points don't count for this team. Like I said before, wake me up when Sparty comes to town.
That is very true. That's what I was getting at. NIU has a good football team, and was definitely no cupcake. They played OSU toe to toe. But some think OSU would and still will cruise easy till Sparty time. Gotta watch that, some will jump and bite when you least expect it just as NIU did. What's scary is, OSU has a big bulls eye on it's back and every team they play will do what they can to beat them and be playing lights out to their ability. JMO.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TOSU is 3-0 and that is what matters. Some big names went down yesterday so the Buckeyes are fortunate. I guess we fans have to remember this is a different year, a different squad in terms of players, coaches, thus different team chemistry. The talent is there, the question is will that talent focus on football or the NFL contracts in their future? That is why repeating as national champions is so difficult.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I would love to see them repeat. Don't take me wrong, they are tougher than he((, but an off day can get them in trouble as well. They just got to be up sky high and ready for every game. Again, JMO.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

There's more to be gained by playing close games than winning by 40, week in and out. Games like these help keep kids grounded, present coaching opportunities and it will help them come playoffs.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree, but if it's too close on an off day, it could end up in a big fat L. Close ones like this game could break the chances for a repeat NC from happening. JMO Fido.

Return to “College Sports”