2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:47 pm Alabama has beaten no one, their strength of scheduled stinks. I say the Buckeyes will have a better chance at the 4th spot with a win over top 4 Wisconsin.
I hope yer right my friend. we gotta beat them big ole cheesy sasquatches first.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I will change my prediction for the game:

With JT:

OSU 24
Wisky 21......And that is with everything going OSU's way. It has to be a perfect game defensively for OSU to win.

With Haskins:
OSU 35
Wisky 17

Here is my reasoning, and from watching them both live in AA:

Running game with JT- Weber, JT and Dobbins will run into a wall of defenders every play because Wisky will load the box and dare JT to throw it. Wisky's LB's will eat up the running backs.

Passing game with JT- he will under throw the deep ball, under throw the middle routes and WRs get little yards after the catch. Count on many sacks as JT will again stay in he pocket for 7 seconds pumping the ball and get sacked.

Running game with Haskins- Weber and Dobbins carve up the Wisky D because their LB's have to cover WRs coming across the middle due to the ability of Haskins to throw the ball.

Passing game with Haskins- although he might be prone to make a mistake and throw a pick, Wisky's D will get stretched down the field because Haskins brings the ability to hit the deep ball and he hits his WRs in stride and allows them to get yards after the catch. Look at what KJ Hill did against ttun on those 5-7 yard crossing routes. Hit in stride and he turned them into big gains. We have speed at receiver as long as they dont have to slow down to catch the darn ball and allow the defender to catch back up.

There is no way Wisky's linebackers stay with Campbell, Hill, Dixon and McClauren across the middle of the field.

JT was 3 for 8 for 30 yards against ttun. Most of his yards came on the wide open TD pass to Baugh (25 of them to be exact). So the other 2 completions went for a whopping 5 yards. THATS PATHETIC!
Jt ran the ball 15 times for 67 yards. 4.5 per carry.

Haskins played less than half of the game and was 6 for 7 for 94 yards, ran the ball 3 times for 24 yards. Yards per play he was way better than JT.

On top of this, Haskins did it when OSU was DOWN in the game and the crowd was the loudest and most hostile. Trust me, I was there. They smelled blood in the water when they were up 20-14 and Haskins came in and shut them up.

Haskins also did this while only throwing on 3rd down against a very good defense. Can you imagine throwing in the element of him carving up a defense on 1st and 2nd down when they arent expecting it?

People need to get off JT's nuts. He is not good people. He has looked great in less than a handful of games and his inconsistent play is the reason this offense sputters.

We dont need a running QB with Weber and Dobbins. We need a Kevin Wilson offense with Haskin's ability to throw strikes to our talented receivers.

The talk about these receivers not being very good is garbage. Its the garbage QB play of JT that makes them look bad.

Its far past the time to pass the torch to Haskins. I have a feeling it is Cardale 2 waiting to happen if Meyer will stop being so darn loyal to JT. While I appreciate JT's dedication to OSU, he is getting tough to watch.

Rant over. Go Bucks.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The Bucks still have a slim chance at the final 4, ONLY if they kill Wisky. 3 touchdowns or more will be what it takes, a close game won't get it done. If they make a statement like they did back in 2014 it will be hard for the committee to ignore. I think the Bucks will win ,but don't know by how much. If they keep Bammer out ( which is unlikely) I can see a Titanic battle looming on a New Years 6 game matching Bammer and TOSU. That would be epic and a ratings bonanza!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I'm not as sold on the Wisky defense as everyone else seems to be. Look at their schedule, the best offensive team they played, was probably Northwestern. Think about that. I do believe Haskins needs to be the QB. Barrett is hurt, and I believe he has been since he broke his ankle against Michigan. He has not been the same player since. JT wouldn't have even attempted that 3rd & 13 throw that Haskins made. I like JT, and I think he'll be a grad assistant at OSU next season, but his time as an OSU QB is over.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bucks win. Maybe paired against Georgia.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

One more aspect of the game is which team has the most at stake. This is Wisky's chance to advance and to play on the elite CFP stage. Ohio State has been there before and may be blase' about the whole thing.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think State plays solid, wins and still gets shut out of playoff.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:57 pm I think State plays solid, wins and still gets shut out of playoff.
Explain your logic to them getting shut out please.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm The Bucks still have a slim chance at the final 4, ONLY if they kill Wisky. 3 touchdowns or more will be what it takes, a close game won't get it done. If they make a statement like they did back in 2014 it will be hard for the committee to ignore. I think the Bucks will win ,but don't know by how much. If they keep Bammer out ( which is unlikely) I can see a Titanic battle looming on a New Years 6 game matching Bammer and TOSU. That would be epic and a ratings bonanza!
I was thinking the very same thing bolt. I mean to the tee. the good thing is , is that wisky is the last remaining unbeaten power 5 team. and they are a big ten team no less. though in the weaker division. the destroyed iowa. which may make a victory over bucky badger have a lil more icing on that cake. I personally don't think even with a victory over wisky that we get in. the bama loss hurt us. but I saw it coming. I would love nothing more than to see them in the playoffs either. I just don't know how voters can get the picture out of their minds of the 31-0 shelling to Clemson last year. the sooner loss was a good loss as that goes. but the hawkeye debacle just may be too much to forget for the committee, we'll just have to wait n see. if we don't make it I'd love a shot at bamy, if they don't get in.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I wish we had some chessehead fans on here to banter with. this game is huge. the cheesy cats are a freakin 12-0. and still on the outside looking in and in comes a 9-2 buckeye squad that can fall flat on their face or pounch you like a tribe of Cherokee and just lay waste to you. just accordin to which buckeye team shows up. we know Wisconsin has been steadily improving all year and they're peaking at just the right time. it's gonna be a tall task for urban and the silver bullets. but they are plenty capable. this will be won or lost in the trenches, and who can run the ball effectively will come out on top. no weather excuses in a dome either. handle the rock bucks and beat the badgers. and see how things fall into place from there.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 am I wish we had some chessehead fans on here to banter with. this game is huge. the cheesy cats are a freakin 12-0. and still on the outside looking in and in comes a 9-2 buckeye squad that can fall flat on their face or pounch you like a tribe of Cherokee and just lay waste to you. just accordin to which buckeye team shows up. we know Wisconsin has been steadily improving all year and they're peaking at just the right time. it's gonna be a tall task for urban and the silver bullets. but they are plenty capable. this will be won or lost in the trenches, and who can run the ball effectively will come out on top. no weather excuses in a dome either. handle the rock bucks and beat the badgers. and see how things fall into place from there.
The trenches is where Wisky excels. There time of possession averages over 35 minutes a game. This means Ohio State must start fast and not have their play calling draw into its usual shell. The Bucks offense can't score if they are on the sidelines and the defense will get gassed. I fear Meyer will be stubborn and live or die with JTB, injured knee and all.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:35 am
cbolt wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm The Bucks still have a slim chance at the final 4, ONLY if they kill Wisky. 3 touchdowns or more will be what it takes, a close game won't get it done. If they make a statement like they did back in 2014 it will be hard for the committee to ignore. I think the Bucks will win ,but don't know by how much. If they keep Bammer out ( which is unlikely) I can see a Titanic battle looming on a New Years 6 game matching Bammer and TOSU. That would be epic and a ratings bonanza!
I was thinking the very same thing bolt. I mean to the tee. the good thing is , is that wisky is the last remaining unbeaten power 5 team. and they are a big ten team no less. though in the weaker division. the destroyed iowa. which may make a victory over bucky badger have a lil more icing on that cake. I personally don't think even with a victory over wisky that we get in. the bama loss hurt us. but I saw it coming. I would love nothing more than to see them in the playoffs either. I just don't know how voters can get the picture out of their minds of the 31-0 shelling to Clemson last year. the sooner loss was a good loss as that goes. but the hawkeye debacle just may be too much to forget for the committee, we'll just have to wait n see. if we don't make it I'd love a shot at bamy, if they don't get in.
Also bait something else to think about that nobody has mentioned yet, the committee has less BIG TEN lobbying power now since Alverez and Osborne are gone. Pretty sure it's just Gene Smith flying the flag now.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bucks need to cover the middle of the field or the Wisky Cheesy QB could have field day against the bullet secondary. TTUN tight end was running open all day in the middle and their QB could not find him, this has to stop!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:10 pm
Also bait something else to think about that nobody has mentioned yet, the committee has less BIG TEN lobbying power now since Alverez and Osborne are gone. Pretty sure it's just Gene Smith flying the flag now.
And Gene Smith cannot lobby for or vote for Ohio State per committee rules. He can be an advocate for Wisconsin should they win.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I didn't know that omega! Well that just closed the door even more

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 am I didn't know that omega! Well that just closed the door even more
It does not necessarily hurt the Bucks, just lowers the denominator in determining their rankings average. Kind of like say Jackson playing only nine games in high school. There are two obstacles in Ohio's way to the playoffs. Wisconsin and Iowa.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:10 pm
true dat. I knew alvarez was gone. but didn't know tom Osborne was. it always seems weird to me talking about tom Osborne. or seeing it on the husker field. he's a great guy. I have an autographed picture n ball from him. actually years ago I had his home number. still have it, if it has not been changed and I've chatted with him and his wife on the phone.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if our secondary ain't on top of things early. wisky will pick us apart after seeing the Michigan 1st half. that would be how I'd attack the buckeyes early and often. this will be a very stiff task for our buck defense. both teams better have numerous hot tubs n ice tubs ready , cause this one will be a physical ole time big ten smashmouth slobberknockin, chinstrap bustin football game. 3 yards an turf pellets. I don't wanna see them dozers having their way with our dline. a decisive win could sway the voters, as the badgers are undefeated. and we'll need some help from above, literally and from teams above us in the rankings.it's gonna be exciting . ole bait may have to take an early nap. these games are hard on ole fellers who are generally in bed shortly after thisun starts.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

My final pre game thoughts are ones of uncertainty. Wisconsin is the more disciplined and physical team and have the most to gain by winning. Ohio State is the more athletic team yet they have played only one truly complete game (MSU) all season. Throw in the injury intrigue of JT Barrett, I can see the Badgers dominating 27-10. However, if Meyer keeps Barrett on the bench, I can see Haskins becoming the second coming of Cardale Jones. The question becomes will Urban let his loyalty and faith in JT over ride good judgment?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Okie killing TCU which probably helps, going head to head for that final spot against another 2 loss team that already beat you down at your place would not have ended well for the Bucks.

Return to “College Sports”