WEEK 5 OHIO STATE @ PENN STATE == YOUR THOUGHTS HERE

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 5 OHIO STATE @ PENN STATE == YOUR THOUGHTS HERE

Post by Bleeding Red »

se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 am Also, McSorley doesn't have the WR's this year to just toss the ball up and hope for the best. His completion % shows that. OSU needs to keep him in the pocket and make him throw the ball. The one way he beats us is with his legs.
I agree. The key to defending the RPO offense is by the defensive line getting pressure and the DE's and LB's playing disciplined. Another way to defend it is through having a safety come up and pop people near the line of scrimmage. Fuller has been doing just that at safety. By playing man to man coverage (which OSU does this year) it frees up a safety to play the run which OSU will need to do in account for McSorely's ability to run the ball.

LB's need to play well, corners and safeties need to play very well in man to man coverage so we can free that safety up to help defend the QB run and dink passes to the RB and TE. If the Bucks defense can do that it will be a long night for McSorely. If OSU's defense cant, it could be a long night for OSU's defense.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I'm not so sure Booker shouldn't be a starting LB for OSU.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:30 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:58 pm Love and appreciate your strong passion for the Buckeyes, but unbeatable they are not. Take the godly scarlet glasses off, and watch your TV Saturday evening as I am, you will see that Penn State stacks right up with them no matter who each has played thus far. Ohio State sure in the he(( hasn't played no power houses yet either by any means, Red. But oh my God, Meyer is back, I forgot all about that. :lol: That should make them pound on the Kittens. :roll: I'm only a spectator of this game, not a real fan of neither, but I know it should be a good one imo. Penn State by 10. If the Kittens lose come back on here and let me have it. :lol: :shock:
I am only looking at the games that have been played this year. Penn State's defense is miles from where they have been the past 2 years. I guess the same could be said about OSU's defense when you break down some of the games and how out of position OSU's LB's have been.

With that being said, Happy Valley/Night game/White out certainly makes things harder for the Bucks. They have the ability to take the Kitties fans out of the game early if they get the offense rolling and make a couple of defensive stands against McSorely and Co. The opening Kickoff return for a TD and then turnover after turnover made it a game last year. If this OSU offense takes care of the ball and doesnt stop themselves, I just dont see Penn State's defense able to slow down the Haskins train.

TCU is a good team. I still think they can come back and end up winning the Big 12 after watching Oklahoma nearly go down to Army and OK State lost big Saturday. TCU vs Texas was a product of a game where TCU had everything taken out of them in the loss vs Ohio State the previous week. I think they will rebound and end up in their conference championship game.

I guess we will see.....that is what makes college football so much fun. They will lay it all on the line and let the chips fall where they may.

I still take the Bucks by decent margin as long as they dont give the ball away!
Come back on here after the game and let me have it, :lol: and I'll eat my words "only" if the Luckeyes beat them by a "Decent" margin. :lol: But I still hold firm on stacking up across from each other on both sides of the ball. White out home game or not. They both are loaded and will be ready. Still say Penn State by 10. It should be a good one and one he(( of a battle. If Penn State wins the only thing I want is no Luckeye scarlet sun spectacle fan excuses, about turnovers/stopping themselves etc etc etc. If those things happens it's most likely the opposing team caused them. Some Luckeye fans are good about not giving the winning team any credit. :lol: :lol: Can't wait for this game, I'm exited. :D

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Luckeyes huh? You're obviously not a Buckeyes fan. That means you either like that team up north or Penn State lol.

The middle of Penn State's defense is soft. I think Haskins will totally pick them apart based on what I saw App State do to them (for crying out loud it was APP FREAKING STATE LOL).

Penn State gave up 159 yards rushing and 270 through the air vs App State. That is no comparison to Haskins, Dobbins, Weber and the receivers they have lining up across from them at OSU. Thus why I picked OSU to win by a large margin.

We shall see very soon.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm Luckeyes huh? You're obviously not a Buckeyes fan. That means you either like that team up north or Penn State lol.

The middle of Penn State's defense is soft. I think Haskins will totally pick them apart based on what I saw App State do to them (for crying out loud it was APP FREAKING STATE LOL).

Penn State gave up 159 yards rushing and 270 through the air vs App State. That is no comparison to Haskins, Dobbins, Weber and the receivers they have lining up across from them at OSU. Thus why I picked OSU to win by a large margin.

We shall see very soon.
It happens and has happened before with big teams over looking an easy win. Gotta watch those little cup cake teams that has nothing to lose. Any given day they can cause big problems for major programs and bite harder than some think. They are there to play as well and play hard they do at times. Can happen to anybody. Yep, we shall see soon. Good luck to your Luckeyes. :lol: They are in for a battle from what my eyes are expecting.

Fan. I really haven't got a College team now days. But Still sticking to Penn State by 10. Come back and see me on here if not. Let me have the business. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 am
se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 am Also, McSorley doesn't have the WR's this year to just toss the ball up and hope for the best. His completion % shows that. OSU needs to keep him in the pocket and make him throw the ball. The one way he beats us is with his legs.
I agree. The key to defending the RPO offense is by the defensive line getting pressure and the DE's and LB's playing disciplined. Another way to defend it is through having a safety come up and pop people near the line of scrimmage. Fuller has been doing just that at safety. By playing man to man coverage (which OSU does this year) it frees up a safety to play the run which OSU will need to do in account for McSorely's ability to run the ball.

LB's need to play well, corners and safeties need to play very well in man to man coverage so we can free that safety up to help defend the QB run and dink passes to the RB and TE. If the Bucks defense can do that it will be a long night for McSorely. If OSU's defense cant, it could be a long night for OSU's defense.
I agree.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:44 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm Luckeyes huh? You're obviously not a Buckeyes fan. That means you either like that team up north or Penn State lol.

We shall see very soon.
It happens and has happened before with big teams over looking an easy win. Gotta watch those little cup cake teams that has nothing to lose. Any given day they can cause big problems for major programs and bite harder than some think. They are there to play as well and play hard they do at times. Can happen to anybody. Yep, we shall see soon. Good luck to your Luckeyes. :lol: They are in for a battle from what my eyes are expecting.

Fan. I really haven't got a College team now days. But Still sticking to Penn State by 10. Come back and see me on here if not. Let me have the business. :lol:
trench ole bait is throwin a 15 yarder on you. I'm shocked at yer lack of sportsmanship :lol: :) I figuret you fer a scarlet n gray diehard. true that about appy state, but both teams have a soft underbelly tween psu n osu. and attacked right will get good results.i'm tellin you look what ole dominion done with va. tech. the gap is closing with these smaller schools and it's very exciting for college football. I watch a lot of mac ball. fantastic game between ohio u. n cincy. if you ain't seen that one. try to catch a replay. and I watched the Toledo/Nevada game. the defenses didn't show up , but they had to change the lightbulbs at 1/2 time. buffalo knocked off the rutger scarlett knights. it's exciting football to watch. this should be an ole fashion slobber knocker with the bucks/lions. should be a dandy game. but frankly now I don't want to give you a bamboo cane pole now. just kidding ole buddy. I still have them for you n bolt. pick of the litter still.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

We shall see very soon.
he won't be a sayin that at midnight Saturday red.ole trench, he'll be a eatin crow feathers slathered in kc masterpiece babie q sauce.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Penn State gave up over 400 yards of offense vs Illinois. Illinois nearly had 2 separate backs go over 100 and rushed for 243 total yards. They averaged 5.5 yards per rush against that Nittany Lions defense.

I think OSU will do much better than that considering they have Weber, Dobbins and a better offensive line. Not to mention Haskins keeping the Lions safeties guessing all game by distributing the football through the air.

I will say that the night game in Happy Valley will definitely make things a little difficult for OSU's offense at the start of the game, but lets not forget the environment that Haskins was thrown into last November when OSU was down by 6 against ttun and we all know how he performed in that one.

Penn State's offense is currently 63rd in the country throwing the ball. Only averaging 239 yards per game. That will allow OSU's defense to focus more on the run and less on the pass with their safeties. They do run the ball well (10th in the country) even though they have not played against and defense with a pulse this year.

Pitt also ran for 245 and nearly 5 yards per carry against this Penn State defense. It is not even close to the run stopping defense they had last year in Happy Valley.

Go Bucks

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:44 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:44 pm

We shall see very soon.

trench ole bait is throwin a 15 yarder on you. I'm shocked at yer lack of sportsmanship :lol: but frankly now I don't want to give you a bamboo cane pole now. just kidding ole buddy. I still have them for you n bolt. pick of the litter still.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

If I get the business at midnight, I'll take it, but the Lucks has to win by Reds decent margin he's predicting. :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think they cover. but I watch ole bear on college gameday with his vegas picks a lot too trench. we'll find out Saturday.i think the bucks are too much even in PA.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'll be glued to the TV Saturday evening for sure. Good luck to the Kittens and the Luckeyes.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Dont understand the haters of the buckeyes. Never did never will. Trench how do u make me understand why the haters call buckeyes luckeyes. Im thinking u r a irish fan since u say u really dont follow college ball anymore

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Trench ole buddy I am afraid your Kittens are in for a beatdown come Saturday night. PSU defense looks shaky this year so far. That is not a good thing with this offense coming to town. Bait them passes straight across to Wilson can be a good thing. He is a gamebreaker. If he can make one or two people miss the defense can just wave goodbye. Bucks were darn lucky to win last year but this year I think it will be a little easier. Lucks 38- Kitten 21.
BTW trench rk says his team will beat both these guys easy. :lol:
Last edited by cbolt on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I follow College ball, love it, and definitely don't hate the Luckeyes or the Kittens. I'm more of a BIG 10 supporter anymore. One things for sure, I'm not an Irish fan. :lol: Got some family members that are big Irish fans though.

TheDoctor
Riding the Bench

Post by TheDoctor »

No Nick Bosa....but OSU should win by 2 td's...Penn State is not as good as the team last year

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:14 pm Trench ole buddy I am afraid your Kittens are in for a beatdown come Saturday night. PSU defense looks shaky this year so far. That is not a good thing with this offense coming to town. Bait them passes straight across to Wilson can be a good thing. He is a gamebreaker. If he can make one or two people miss the defense can just wave goodbye. Bucks were darn lucky to win last year but this year I think it will be a little easier. Lucks 38- Kitten 21.
BTW trench rk says his team will beat both these guys easy. :lol:
My Kittens? Use to be you mean, Bolt. We will see though come Saturday evening. Sticking with the Kittens by 10. Some people I know today in town was asking me this morning at the shop how I thought the outcome of Ped State VS DOmestiCO State would turn out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I hear it from all sides, Bolt. I take a beating from all my friends/jokers. :lol: :lol: They was gigging me pretty hard with lots more this morning about the game but I can't put it on here. :lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”