#1 Alabama vs #2 LSU

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: #1 Alabama vs #2 LSU

Post by Bleeding Red »

Right now, based on actually playing ranked teams, OSU is by far the best team in the country. Right behind them would be the winner of the LSU/Bama game and we have no idea how good Bama is because they have played nobodies up until now.

LSU has a couple of good wins but if you are an LSU fan and hanging your hat on a win against Auburn......the joke is on you. Auburn looked pathetic offensively and they still only lost that game on the road by 3 pts.

Dont get me wrong- Joe B is a VERY good QB. But if we are comparing every position and the play of those positions vs tOSU, you cannot tell me LSU matches up with any position other than QB if they were to play tomorrow.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:51 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 pm AP poll says...

#1 LSU
#2 Alabama
I think we can agree by far the two best teams in America.
I think ohio state is as good as either myself. and hope we get a chance to prove it. my only scare is qb depth. so I myself don't agree.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:38 pm How are Alabama and LSU clearly the top 2 teams in the Country when OSU has throttled everyone they have faced, and played a tougher schedule than Alabama? LSU beat a weak Texas team and barely got by an over rated Auburn team. And don’t even talk about beating Florida, SEC bias in ranking them.......
exactly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

9.5 INCHES wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:17 am Just replying to "smurray" post above my post........He mentioned Columbus on this thread about throttling everyone and thinks they should be in the 1 or 2 spot.........And no........there isn't a soul in my household who is a Columbus fan........I think you just got everyone in my family sick Vetteman thinking we are Columbus fans.........I just stepped outside to puke on the neighbors buckeye tree..........He just ask if I was alright and not to worry..........He's cutting the little thing down soon anyways...........It can be replanted though.......Do you want it before he cuts it down?.......It is worthless around here........

Good night.......Early rising here in the morning.......No more time here to talk about Columbus.......Maybe tomorrow if I'm not still sick from being called a Columbus fan.............
I just feel down in my ole arthritic bone that you may be '' the lil general'' call it a hunch. but I'm seein a pattern.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think top to bottom ohio state has virtually no weaknesses other than qb depth. that scares me. coaching, schedule played thus far, offense, defense, special teams. great conference. I know we'll all find out in the end. but it feels extremely real. and I think osu has as good a shot at the prize as anyone. and they are totally obliterating their opponents. and have done it consistently every game. the biggest trial they've had thus far, was being behind 5-0 to Miami, ohio. and we all saw how that ended.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:17 am Just replying to "smurray" post above my post........He mentioned Columbus on this thread about throttling everyone and thinks they should be in the 1 or 2 spot.........And no........there isn't a soul in my household who is a Columbus fan........I think you just got everyone in my family sick Vetteman thinking we are Columbus fans.........I just stepped outside to puke on the neighbors buckeye tree..........He just ask if I was alright and not to worry..........He's cutting the little thing down soon anyways...........It can be replanted though.......Do you want it before he cuts it down?.......It is worthless around here........

Good night.......Early rising here in the morning.......No more time here to talk about Columbus.......Maybe tomorrow if I'm not still sick from being called a Columbus fan.............
I just feel down in my ole arthritic bone that you may be '' the lil general'' call it a hunch. but I'm seein a pattern.
Was thinking the same thing too, Bait. But 9.5 is a little more mannered than the general. Don't say nasty things, and don't attack other posters with name calling etc. I can tell that 9.5 is a BIG fan liking Poopigan, and 9.5 never brags on the SEC or the ACC. Sounds like he's only poking at the OSU and Poopigan game to me. I get a kick out of both him and the general. Live-uns it up on here. Takes the boring bug away.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:38 pm How are Alabama and LSU clearly the top 2 teams in the Country when OSU has throttled everyone they have faced, and played a tougher schedule than Alabama? LSU beat a weak Texas team and barely got by an over rated Auburn team. And don’t even talk about beating Florida, SEC bias in ranking them.......
Exactly. LSU's quality wins are starting to look mediocre........

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:24 am

Of course it is. Burner account since he got suspended/banned for acting like an idiot......

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I honestly feel OSU looks like the best team right now but and I mean BIG BUT, the defense has not faced an elite QB yet and probably won't until the playoffs. PSU looks to have the best one in the BIG that they will face. The other teams will all have faced one by the time of the playoffs except maybe Clemson so that could be a factor but we will see. The MSU QB had a pretty decent game passing the ball against the OSU secondary and he would not be on any awards list at seasons end. I think the Bucks cruise into the playoffs then it will get dicey. I have seen a lot of fans on facebook saying they are going to run away with the national championship but they might be in for a huge letdown.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

OSU fans do this every year. Say they are the best team and then give up on the team after 1 loss.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 pm OSU fans do this every year. Say they are the best team and then give up on the team after 1 loss.
And I'll go along with that too..............whatever team that beats them they wasn't really there...........they beat themselves..........and many more excuses echoes everywhere..........they look like heroes now but they will get beat........and I can't wait to see and hear the conveyor belt of excuses just pour out of crying scarlet followers................ESPN is just waiting for the defeat and it's right around the corner...........ESPN waits on it every year and they catch heck about it..........

But everyone knows what it is..........................

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Inches, those are very nice looking sun glasses, I have a pair very similar, I would buy another pair if I could find them. I don't want to hijack this thread, as I do really hope that LSU can win the matchup with Bama, it will not be easy at all, especially with Bama being at home. I know that you are a diehard scUM fan, and it has not been very pleasant for you these last 15-20 years. I know that you no doubt must have been a great supporter of your last great coach ( Brady Hoke ). Brady would only call the Buckeyes ( Ohio ), and by you only calling them ( Columbus ), it helps you rekindle the great memories that had when Brady was your hero. I may have been wrong, mayby it isn't anyone in your household that is holding you back, but one of these days, when you can really disclose the truth, you will be so happy to be able to really show your fellow Buckeye fans, that you are strong OSU fan.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TTT

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Both undefeated SEC teams ranked 1 & 2. Georgia highest ranked 1 loss team. Florida & Auburn ranked as highest 2 loss teams. Georgia with 1 loss ranked higher than undefeated teams and Florida & Auburn with 2 losses ranked higher than undefeated and 1 loss teams. SEC BIAS AT IT’S FINEST. They are positioning these SEC teams where they are to get two in.
OSU, Clemson and Penn State all undefeated and ranked lower than LSU and Alabama. Alabama has played NO ONE.

Georgia ahead of 1 loss Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma, as well as undefeated Baylor and Minn.
2 loss Florida above undefeated Baylor & Minn and 1 loss Cincinnati whose only loss is to Ohio State.
2 loss Auburn above undefeated Minn, 1 loss Cincy, 2 loss Mich, ND and Wisconsin.

Florida and Auburn are way over ranked but they rank them this way to make LSU and Alabama wins over them look more impressive.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 pm Inches, those are very nice looking sun glasses, I have a pair very similar, I would buy another pair if I could find them. I don't want to hijack this thread, as I do really hope that LSU can win the matchup with Bama, it will not be easy at all, especially with Bama being at home. I know that you are a diehard scUM fan, and it has not been very pleasant for you these last 15-20 years. I know that you no doubt must have been a great supporter of your last great coach ( Brady Hoke ). Brady would only call the Buckeyes ( Ohio ), and by you only calling them ( Columbus ), it helps you rekindle the great memories that had when Brady was your hero. I may have been wrong, mayby it isn't anyone in your household that is holding you back, but one of these days, when you can really disclose the truth, you will be so happy to be able to really show your fellow Buckeye fans, that you are strong OSU fan.
Paul Brown, Woody and Earle called the school OHIO for decades . Woody signed a lot of autos and would inscribe them with "Yeah, Ohio" or "Go, Ohio" as he took it for granted like most other people that everyone knew who the Buckeyes were and it wasn't until the Coop years that THE was in it's infancy even though the rest of America didn't care and/or know any other schools that played college sports, especially football in the state anyway but I guess OSU felt that they had to pile on OU at the time from the bully pulpit ........and the pursuance of the trademark deal here 25 years later turned a lot of people off even though it was essentially over before it got started. I think all this is hilarious.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:31 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 pm Inches, those are very nice looking sun glasses, I have a pair very similar, I would buy another pair if I could find them. I don't want to hijack this thread, as I do really hope that LSU can win the matchup with Bama, it will not be easy at all, especially with Bama being at home. I know that you are a diehard scUM fan, and it has not been very pleasant for you these last 15-20 years. I know that you no doubt must have been a great supporter of your last great coach ( Brady Hoke ). Brady would only call the Buckeyes ( Ohio ), and by you only calling them ( Columbus ), it helps you rekindle the great memories that had when Brady was your hero. I may have been wrong, mayby it isn't anyone in your household that is holding you back, but one of these days, when you can really disclose the truth, you will be so happy to be able to really show your fellow Buckeye fans, that you are strong OSU fan.
Paul Brown, Woody and Earle called the school OHIO for decades . Woody signed a lot of autos and would inscribe them with "Yeah, Ohio" or "Go, Ohio" as he took it for granted like most other people that everyone knew who the Buckeyes were and it wasn't until the Coop years that THE was in it's infancy even though the rest of America didn't care and/or know any other schools that played college sports, especially football in the state anyway but I guess OSU felt that they had to pile on OU at the time from the bully pulpit ........and the pursuance of the trademark deal here 25 years later turned a lot of people off even though it was essentially over before it got started. I think all this is hilarious.
I'm not talking about when "The" came about. I don't use "The", never have, probably never will. Where I'm from, I think a lot of people when they hear the name "Ohio", they mostly think Ohio University. You may be right about Paul,Woody, and Earle, but they are Ohio State to me. I most certainly will never refer to them as "Columbus".

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ohio State pulled a Bruce Jenner. It's real name is Ohio A&M but they identify as Ohio State

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Computers say Alabama wins 82% of games they have played. Vegas loves Bama... -8.5 favs

I'll say game will be closer than Vegas thinks. Tigers have to make Bama one dimensional. Hell, Tua is still a game day decision.

My heart would love to see Burreaux and Co. pull out the win. Right now, the semi-bald old noggin is thinking Ol Bammy finds a way to eek out a W.

Just win Joe!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Oh....and LSU has to establish the run somewhat to help Joe set up play action...or the RPO as they call it now.

Thinking out loud...if...BIG if...LSU gets over 100 rush from Edwards-Helaire and Co...I think LSU can win.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I got a feeling LSU is going to surprise some people and probably wins if Tua is a no go. Almost everybody is picking Bama so it's a perfect storm for an LSU victory but we will see. Only thing that worries me is Saban having two weeks to prepare.

Return to “College Sports”