University of Dayton High Flying

countywide35
SEOP

Re: University of Dayton High Flying

Post by countywide35 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:48 pm As of now....from ESPN's Joe Lunardi...

Dayton is a 2 seed in the East bracket. Their opponent is....15 seed Wright St. ( with Tanner Holden)

Wow is that right ?? So Tanner gonna find himself in the bracket of March Madness uh?? Good for him !!

Has the flyers won the A10?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:48 pm As of now....from ESPN's Joe Lunardi...

Dayton is a 2 seed in the East bracket. Their opponent is....15 seed Wright St. ( with Tanner Holden)

Wow is that right ?? So Tanner gonna find himself in the bracket of March Madness uh?? Good for him !!

Has the flyers won the A10?
I believe they're regular season champs...as is Wright St. Both conference tourneys start next week.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Actually, Wright St. has been on the 14 or 15 seed line for majority of second half of season. Northern Ky. is there primary nemesis as they finished second in reg. season. The Horizon conf. tournament does start Monday.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

hateraid wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm Dayton is 2-2 vs power 5 conference foes....They will be an early exit come tourney time.
They’re 29-2 with losses to the top 1 seed Kansas 84-90 in OT, and projected 6 seed Colorado 76-78 by a 3 at the buzzer in OT.

You’d think with Gonzaga, Nevada, and Loyola’s runs recently people would get over the “first round exit” thing every time they see a mid-major with a good record. The committee doesn’t give 1-seeds to just anyone. Having only 2 losses, both being away from home and in overtime, is hard to do no matter who your league is.

They’re a darn good team that’s backed up by every major stat, and if they bow out early it’s because upsets happen. If the reason Dayton losses early is because they’re “overrated” then you better hold that same standard to every top seed that looses in the first weekend.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

3sUp wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:59 pm
hateraid wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm Dayton is 2-2 vs power 5 conference foes....They will be an early exit come tourney time.
They’re 29-2 with losses to the top 1 seed Kansas 84-90 in OT, and projected 6 seed Colorado 76-78 by a 3 at the buzzer in OT.

You’d think with Gonzaga, Nevada, and Loyola’s runs recently people would get over the “first round exit” thing every time they see a mid-major with a good record. The committee doesn’t give 1-seeds to just anyone. Having only 2 losses, both being away from home and in overtime, is hard to do no matter who your league is.

They’re a darn good team that’s backed up by every major stat, and if they bow out early it’s because upsets happen. If the reason Dayton losses early is because they’re “overrated” then you better hold that same standard to every top seed that looses in the first weekend.

Great post.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “College Sports”