Ohio State football recruiting 2013

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Re: Ohio State football recruiting 2013

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

^^ bingo! Urbans recruiting is the biggest threat to saban and bama in the last few years. These 2 programs will be recruiting many of the same players year in and year out.

Next years class will be interesting as well as they both chase after a slew of Georgia top recruits.

I think Bell is still a toss up. Each school offers a certain thing the other can't. He can prob go to TN and compete as a freshman. Bama its not gonna be quite that easy plus the recently picked up another 4* DB a few days ago. OSU still has a shot. They say bell is close with Coach Withers and he still has the opportunities to play early at OSU. I say it comes down who made th best impression yesterday in the final in-home visits. I won't really be surprised either way he goes.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Ezekiel Elliot has stopped talking to the Buckeyes according to an article I read.

Seems like he might stay in Missouri.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Some of the things I've read still lead to him signing with OSU next week. Anything is possible but I still feel he's a buckeye

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hopefully he is a BUCKEYE.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

If he goes Mizzou, then OSU will get Wilson.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The staff likes Zeke a lot, but I think they would prefer to land Dontre Wilson.
They see Wilson as a more versatile RB, that is more apt to be able to line up at other positions.

Given their depth at RB, and pick up of Jalin Marshall, Dontre Wilson, and James Clark, would be worth losing Elliot.

I'd love to see Elliot as a Buckeye, but would also follow his career at Mizzou. Seems like a wonderful young man.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Be nice to hang onto Elliot and still get clark and Wilson. If its possible to work out that way.

I read earlier the staff feels pretty good about Dontre Wilson.

Clark had a great visit but is in Gainesville this weekend so anything is possible there.

Vonn Bell no one knows but when all the smoke clears he will prob be at UT

If we do lose Elliot and pick up those guys it's gonna be a good get and solid playmakers to go along with what's already there. I still hate to lose a kid like Elliot. He put up unbelievable numbers and its always interesting to see if he can translate that dynamic to the next level. He may be a bust but ya hate to see him go else where with that kind of potential.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Dontre Wilson set to announce tonight. Many feel OSU is in good position for him. Should find out around 9pm tonight.

James Clark also list OSU as 1 of his top 3. Set to make his announcement on Wednesday national signing day.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

James Clark = Gator.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I'd say ur right. That's what many believe

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Dontre Wilson announces at 10 pm est tonight.
He'll announce that he's going to be a BUCKEYE!

Fingers crossed that we keep Ezekiel Elliot too, but I don't think he wants to be in the same class as Wilson.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Vonn Bell is down to OSU and Tennessee, and it looks like he just might make Urban very happy!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

THE OHIO STATE!!!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Text me later dubs and let me know whats going on I will be at dinner and a Movie... Please and Thank You

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Huge pick up for the Buckeyes, Wilson picks the Bucks!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Dontre Wilson has flipped his commitment from Oregon to The Ohio State Univeristy!

Definitely another huge get for Meyer and another big playmaker for the buckeyes offense

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

rival's has the Buckeyes tie for #2 now

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

What I seen last night had OSU ranked #2 on Rivals, Scout and 247. Espn had them ranked #4

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

As happy as I am that this class keeps getting better and better for OSU, I'm frustrated that most of the other Big Ten teams can't get it done on the recruiting trail. Ohio State and Michigan are the only 2 teams dominating. Nebraska and Penn State have solid classes as well. I think Nebraska should be higher than where they are, but is still respectable none the less when compared to the rest of the Big Ten. I expect Nebraska to be at the same level as Ohio State and Michigan on the recruiting trail, and right now that isn't the case. Tip of the hat to Penn State. Despite severe limitations due to probation, they are dominating the recruiting trail with the picks that they do have. PSU will no doubt be a recruiting powerhouse when the probation ends. Hopefully, they can keep up over the next couple years with thier limitations.

Top players from the south are willing to come north to play. Urban Myer has proven that. How do we get our mid-tier teams ---- Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State ---- up to par and recruiting top players from the south?

Can't wait to see who Urban brings in during the home stretch!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

To me that's the thing, none of the schools besides OSU and Michigan are going to be able to snag big time players out of the sec country very often. OSU and Michigan are 2 of the biggest programs in college football who pack a ton of tradition.

It's gonna take a coach like Meyer that is a proven champion, had great success in the sec, is a great and aggressive recruiter and brings his own kind of swag that kids love and want to play for him. He's also surrounded himself with a great staff that can recruit their asses off too! Not only this but a school like OSU has everything to offer. The appeal of the university and facilities is unreal. Columbus is a nice big town. The only thing to credit is a down fall is the inconsistent weather but I think when it comes down to it the kids aren't really gonna hold that into account if they wanna play at a big time school for a big time coach and compete for championships year in and year out.

Return to “College Sports”