Ohio State football recruiting 2013

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Ohio State football recruiting 2013

Post by dazed&confused »

I'll be on the road tomoorow;tough to follow but I'm really getting amped with what Meyer has been able to do so far. I think as the Buckeyes and TSUN start pulling in talent and competing on the national stage, the other schools will also benefit. Don't discount the BTN.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Looking up on the keeping Ezekiel Elliot front too.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Mike Ferrel of rivals.com has James Clark as a Buckeye right now.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Man it will be awesome to finish out with Dontre Wilson, ezekial Elliot, vonn Bell and James Clark.

Read earlier commit tavion Jacobs could flip to Maryland. His brother plays there and I believe said he has a kid there. Hate to see any kids leave but if he does this will open a spot back up.

And of course trey Johnson flipping tomorrow to UF is the hot rumor tomorrow. His coach states he's still signing with OSU. Who knows anymore. It somewhat getting out of hand with the non sense

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Message boards are on fire, I've stopped reading the rumors.
Here are my final thoughts on where kids land, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Ezekiel Elliot: too close to call, heart says OSU, head says Mizzou. I'm going OSU, but very nervous.

Vonn Bell: Tennessee. The Vols threw enough hookers, I mean "student sponsors" at the brothers Bell to hit home.

Trey Johnson: OSU, UF fans are talking big, but they already have too many LBs for Trey to flip.

Tavion Jacobs: Maryland, with the addition of Wilson and Smith, the class is too full for Jacobs to make an impact. He has a kid in Maryland.

James Clark: Very close again, I'm hoping OSU, but betting Florida.

Korrin Wiggins: If Bell chooses UT, look for Meyer to steal Wiggins at the last minute.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Elliot and Clark could go either way, one will be a Buckeye that's for sure.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

It appears I may have jumped the gun on Clark.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Good start to the morning. At the current moment OSU has 12 LOI signed and sent this morning. Plus the 5 early enrolled players, putting as at 17 signed for the class so far

The current signed:
Early enrolled
-JT Barrett QB
-Cam Burrows CB
-Eli Apple CB
-Tyquan Lewis DE
-Tracy Sprinkle DE

Signed today
-Joey Bosa DE
-Gareon Conley DB/WR
-Evan lisle OL
-Darron Lee DB
-Billy Price DT
-Jalin Marshall WR
-Tim Gardner OL
-Jayme Thompson DB
-Michael Hill DT
-Mike Mitchell LB
-Donovan Munger DT
-Dontre Wilson WR/slot/RB (playmaker)

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

S Vonn Bell set to announce at 10:05

WR James Clark set to announce around 10:00 as well

RB Ezekial Elliot later this afternoon.

LB Trey Johnson makes it #13 on the day!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

#14 on the day goes to Glenville LB Chris Worley

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

#15 for the day is WR Corey Smith

Also getting a big commitment form WR James Clark!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bell is a BUCKEYE!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Oh my! Mr Meyer still has his touch lol. Unbelievable close this recruiting class being able to land Wilson, Clark and Bell. Find out later today if Ezekial Elliot stays on board

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

James Clark and Marcus Baugh's LOI have been received making it #16 #17 for the day

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

With the pick up of Vonn Bell the buckeyes have moved up to the #1 recruiting class in the nation per Scout and Rivals.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Great job Buckeyes. Guess its up to OSU and MIchigan to create the "SEC NORTH"

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content ... state.html
Ohio State football: Meyer praises coaching staff for recruiting efforts

By Bill Rabinowitz

The Columbus Dispatch•Wednesday February 6, 2013 1:50 PM

A year ago, coach Urban Meyer saved Ohio State’s football recruiting class with a strong push. But even he acknowledged today on his radio show that he and his staff had to do a “scramble drill” after he took the Buckeyes job in late November 2011.

For his Class of 2013, Meyer and his assistants had the benefit of time, and it has paid off. Meyer heaped praise on his assistants, particularly co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach Everett Withers for enticing blue-chip Georgia safety Vonn Bell to sign with Ohio State. Some reports had Bell going to Tennessee until he made his announcement shortly after 10 a.m.

“Start to finish what Everett Withers did with Vonn Bell, that’s as good a recruiting effort as I’ve ever seen,” Meyer said. “I used to call it the Octopus technique -- tentacles around everything and everyone in this person’s life.”

Meyer also praised offensive coordinator Tom Herman for getting three prized players out of Texas -- early enrollee quarterback J.T. Barrett and late additions Mike Mitchell and Dontre Wilson. Herman once served as offensive coordinator at Rice in Houston.

“Just a brilliant job there, he and (defensive coordinator) Luke Fickell,” Meyer said of getting Mitchell, a linebacker.

“(Running back/slot receiver) Dontre Wilson, I’m hoping Buckeye Nation really enjoys watching that guy play, If he’s who we think he is, they’ll love him. We’ve been recruiting him since last spring.”

Bell and wide receiver James Clark announced today they would be Buckeyes. That has pushed Ohio State’s recruiting class to No. 1 or No. 2 nationally, depending on the analysts.

St. Louis running back Ezekiel Elliott will announce his decision at 5 p.m. He committed in April to Ohio State but might switch to Missouri.

Also, punter Johnny Townsend is rumored to be flipping his commitment from Ohio State to signing with Alabama. He postponed a scheduled noon conference to 4 p.m., and now even that is in question.

Meyer said that he intends to give every freshman a chance to play this year. He said he doesn’t sign any player expecting to redshirt him.

To illustrate the importance he places on recruiting, Meyer said he would lobby the Big Ten to play more late games, particularly prime-time games, because that’s what players prefer and it’s easier in coordinator travel for recruits and their families.

“The night atmosphere is much better,” Meyer said. “(The) Nebraska (game) was a magical feeling. We want more energy in the stadium because you’re competing with (other conferences). Some people say, that’s not the way we’ve done it. That’s fine. Maybe we should consider that because we have to have better recruiting classes in this conference and get going. That’s just one man’s opinion.”

Meyer said he has talked to athletic director Gene Smith and Ohio State President E. Gordon Gee about it.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

To illustrate the importance he places on recruiting, Meyer said he would lobby the Big Ten to play more late games, particularly prime-time games, because that’s what players prefer and it’s easier in coordinator travel for recruits and their families.

“The night atmosphere is much better,” Meyer said. “(The) Nebraska (game) was a magical feeling. We want more energy in the stadium because you’re competing with (other conferences). Some people say, that’s not the way we’ve done it. That’s fine. Maybe we should consider that because we have to have better recruiting classes in this conference and get going. That’s just one man’s opinion.”

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Ezekiel announces at 5.
Townsend has delayed.

OSU has room for 1, and 2 guys left.
Basically if Ezekiel signs, Townsend is out.

Ezekiel WILL SIGN...BUCKEYE!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Ezekiel just signed. GO BUCKS!

Return to “College Sports”