02 team to be honored at the Horseshoe for the Michigan game

VegasEagle
Varsity

02 team to be honored at the Horseshoe for the Michigan game

Post by VegasEagle »

has anyone heard that the 02 football team is going to be honored at the Michigan game this year????

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: 02 team to be honored at the Horseshoe for the Michigan

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Yes they will, and MoC and Tress will be there.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Yep real stuff. This was announced early this season. May have actually been before season.

Definitely interested to see the reaction to tressel and Maurice clarrett. I believe the place goes nuts when tress is introduced.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Man the Shoe will be rocking that day.... As for Tressel and M.Clarrett it depends on how they are doing at half lol

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

The shoe should be electric for that game! Especially if we beat Wisconsin tomorrow and the only thing between the buckeyes and a perfect season is Michigan. I can't wait to be there for it, gonna be awesome!

I say both get a big ovation. Regardless of what happened with tress, the success he put in at ohio state was phenomenal. Clarrett was a huge part of the 02 team. Even tho he messed up big time the guy seemed to really get his sh!t straight and turn his life around. Last I heard he was gettin his degree from OSU and at the Nebraska game him and Roy hall were set up on lane ave taking donations and signing autographs for their cause.

We're you able to get a set of tickets for the game vegaseagle?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Clarett should get a good reception even though he screwed up after that without him they would not have won a championship that year.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:The shoe should be electric for that game! Especially if we beat Wisconsin tomorrow and the only thing between the buckeyes and a perfect season is Michigan. I can't wait to be there for it, gonna be awesome!

I say both get a big ovation. Regardless of what happened with tress, the success he put in at ohio state was phenomenal. Clarrett was a huge part of the 02 team. Even tho he messed up big time the guy seemed to really get his sh!t straight and turn his life around. Last I heard he was gettin his degree from OSU and at the Nebraska game him and Roy hall were set up on lane ave taking donations and signing autographs for their cause.

We're you able to get a set of tickets for the game vegaseagle?
Havent got any yet im working on it but it lookslike im scalping them unless someone has extras

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I hear ya man. Gonna be hard to get anyone to come off of them without wanting a fortune. I've noticed just looking around online that prices have went since the beginning of the season when I bought mine

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Yea its cool though I have saved a ton Its AA deck or bust for this guy

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If anyone has been to the home games this year and payed attention to the food vendors on Lane Ave, Mo C has been in a pop up tent on the northeast side of St Johns at a sandwich vending place. You buy a sandwich and get your picture with him. I know he was there for the Nebraska and Purdue games. I just happened to see a little sign that said "Meet Maurice Clarrett" on the tent and low and behold he was there. Roy Hall was there too for the Nebraska game.

10 years ago he was playing for a national championship. Now he is peddling sandwiches outside the Shoe on gameday. Oh how things can change. I bet it will be a nice change to be in the Shoe vs the sandwich tent.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

That's the place I was talking about bleeding red. Bout half way between Conrad's and high street he was at the tent with Roy hall when I seem him. I didn't notice them selling food, I had just walked by and a girl at the tent asked if we would like to make a $10-15 donation and get a pic and autograph from MoC and Roy hall lol. I'd say be a emotional day for the guy to step back in the shoe 10yrs later after winning a national title and everything he has been through since then

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I'm not as enthusiastic as others about having two guys who nearly tore apart the entire program being honored at halftime.
I know it's the 2002 team that's being honored, and they were a huge part of it.
I'm actually less bothered by MoC being there.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:I'm not as enthusiastic as others about having two guys who nearly tore apart the entire program being honored at halftime.
I know it's the 2002 team that's being honored, and they were a huge part of it.
I'm actually less bothered by MoC being there.
I agree with you more or less....still it was nice to get a Chrystal Trophy. Should have Mike Doss sing the Alma Mater again!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I agree with and understand what you are saying. What clarett done was more devastating to his self and own career more so than the university. Tressel messed up bad and put the program in danger. A undefeated team can't play in a bowl game this season because of it. But still hard to not give any recognition from a man who put OSU at the success he did in his tenure. And both men were a huge part of the 02 team.

Dazed&confused, correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Cie Grant who sang Carmen Ohio

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT UNI'S WE WEARIN DUBS.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I've been wondering myself. I seen a promo pic of a uniform they were going to where labeled as Nike rivalry uniform. Not much different than now other than a lil more black on the sleeves and the helmet had black/dark gray facemask and the center stripe was much wider, custom gloves. It was pictured on the team shop websites along with some Nike t shirts with a pic of the helmet.

But the buzz has sinced died down. The pics and shirts were removed from the website (last time I looked) and the last I heard someone said they were not going to release them now. But who knows

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Good pics should be released this week.
Chrome helmets with the traditional striping, like the chrome domes that Oregon has worn.

It's billed as a tribute to the 02 team look.
Basically close to the current look, but with wider striping.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Sweet! I'm glad they're still doing the uniforms. They had a nice look from what I could tell. The chrome helmets will be sweet.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:I agree with and understand what you are saying. What clarett done was more devastating to his self and own career more so than the university. Tressel messed up bad and put the program in danger. A undefeated team can't play in a bowl game this season because of it. But still hard to not give any recognition from a man who put OSU at the success he did in his tenure. And both men were a huge part of the 02 team.

Dazed&confused, correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Cie Grant who sang Carmen Ohio
Yea, I believe you're right. And by the way, we could have been playing this post season if Gee and Smith had taken the medicine for last season.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:If anyone has been to the home games this year and payed attention to the food vendors on Lane Ave, Mo C has been in a pop up tent on the northeast side of St Johns at a sandwich vending place. You buy a sandwich and get your picture with him. I know he was there for the Nebraska and Purdue games. I just happened to see a little sign that said "Meet Maurice Clarrett" on the tent and low and behold he was there. Roy Hall was there too for the Nebraska game.

10 years ago he was playing for a national championship. Now he is peddling sandwiches outside the Shoe on gameday. Oh how things can change. I bet it will be a nice change to be in the Shoe vs the sandwich tent.
BR, I expect you to post your pic! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you leave the Pur-duh game early man? Be honest! :lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”