Re: B1G season awards

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Gotcha followed man!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

So let me get this straight.......

Braxton was named 2nd team all conference BEHIND Taylor Martinez.......

But he was then named Offensive Player of the Year in the conference?

That makes about as much sense as tits on a boar hog.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Braxton Miller over Martinez any day. Not knocking Martinez, just saying Miller is much better.
It's a ridiculous shame Tressel was never COY, especially the National Championship year going undefeated and it is a real shame Meyer didn't get it with what he did with the Buckeyes this year. He took a team in shambles that finished 6-7 a year ago and lead them to a perfect 12-0 season knowing they couldn't play in a bowl - amazing. And he did it with key players hurt.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Martinez wouldnt be the backup at OSU. He is a turnover machine and has poor decision making. Way overrated going into this season.

Giving O'brian the COY award is a pat on the back for him taking the job and to keep him around. It was B1G's way of easing the pain the NCAA laid down on Penn State in August. Meyer winning the COY is a no brainer since he turned the team around and went 12-0.

Most of the awards were more so "spreading the love" rather than giving them to the most deserving people/players. Sort of the "trophy for participation" logic. And people wonder why the B1G is falling behind the other conferences as a whole.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Braxton was 1st team Media, 2nd team Coaches.
Both have nearly identical stats, Braxton doesn't have the critical turnovers.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Glad to see Braxton Miller get OPOY and John Simon the DPOY, and I felt Urban Meyer deserved Coach of the Year......no bowl game, no Big Ten championship to play for, and yet he kept the Buckeyes focused and pushed them to 12-0.

I don't have a big problem with O'Brien getting COY, but I felt Meyer had a lot of adversity to deal with also, and took a team from 6-7 to 12-0......in addition to beating PSU at Happy Valley.

Return to “College Sports”