Tommy Tuberville to Cincinnati!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Tommy Tuberville to Cincinnati!

Post by dazed&confused »

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Texas Tech's Tommy Tuberville has agreed to become Cincinnati's next football coach.

The agreement came one day after Butch Jones left to become Tennessee's next football coach, ending a week of uncertainty for the Bearcats (9-3). Cincinnati has won a share of four of the last five Big East titles and will play in the Belk Bowl.

Tuberville resigned as Texas Tech's coach on Saturday afternoon and was expected to be introduced at Cincinnati later in the day after a basketball game.

Tuberville takes over a program that has been a stepping stone job for the last three head coaches. Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly and Jones all left after three years for bigger programs - Michigan State, Notre Dame and Tennessee.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z2EUPiQ0ud

WOW!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Tommy Tuberville to Cincinnati!

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CINCY KNOCKED THIS OUTTA THE PARK. A GREAT QUALITY PERSON , AND COACH. THAT WILL LIKELY BE HIS LAST STOP. AND NOT JUST A STEPPING STONE JOB.CINCY HAS HAD/LOST SOME AMAZING COACHES GO THROUGH THERE.A DEAR FRIEND OF MINE TIM MURPHY COACHED THERE MANY YEARS AGO. THAT'S WHEN I STARTED DIGGIN BEARCAT FOOTBALL. HE INVITED ME TO A GAME , LET ME ON THE SIDELINES , AND ANOTHER DEAR FRIEND OF MINE GERRY FAUST COACHED AT AKRON AGAINST HIM.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Wow.... Im going out on a limb here but Cincy could be a powerhouse in a few years.... Now if they only had a bigger stadium to go witness these games they would be set... Good Hire

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I love this hire. Now Cincy needs to pay him so he does not leave.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

This will NOT be Tuberville's last stop no matter if they pay him or not....He's jumped around from the begining.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

This is a good hire for Cincy. Doesn't make much sense for Tuberville though as far as the eye test. I have no idea what Cincy is paying but level of school he has kinda gradually stepped down from being a sec coach at ole miss and auburn, to big 12 at Texas tech now big east Cincy.

I look for him to be successful at Cincy. I also feel if he has a couple good seasons and a bigger offer comes along he would likely leave again, much like Brian Kelley and butch jones. Only factor I see maybe keeping him there maybe a little longer and not bouncing around much more is his age. He may wanna coach another 3-4 years or another 10-12, who knows

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's what i was referring to age, he's had a long coaching career.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I've chewed this over and over and for the life of me I can't see leaving TT for UC. I like the guy well enough and wish him the best of luck though.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Much better chance of winning Big East at UC than the Big XII at TT. Conference championship means BCS bowl game and with a little luck a possible NC game or play offs.
Whether he is looking at UC as his final stop or a stepping stone to bigger program.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

TT took over an Ole Miss program in shambles many years ago and turned them into a competitive program. He was then hired by auburn and owned Alabama for 5 or 6 straight wins. After resigning at auburn he worked for ESPN for a year or so and then took the job at Texas Tech after the Leach ordeal. TT will be a good fit for UC. IMO, I do not look for him to be making another coaching move. he will bring in a good staff and hopefully, get the 'fan base' in Cincy supporting this team. The AD and TT go back a long way. great hire by UC IMO.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

agreed.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

All you need to know about Tuberville is that he walked out of a restaurant right in the middle of Texas Tech recruits dinner to bolt to uc this past weekend.Dont have a link to the story but it's out there.Class Act!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dang.

Return to “College Sports”