Ohio State football recruiting 2013

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Ohio State football recruiting 2013

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Might as well get this thread going with national signing day just over a month away! Buckeyes taking advantage of the bowl ban and laying the hammer on recruiting and hauling in a great class.

At the under armour All American game tonight 4* ILB trey Johnson picks the buckeyes over Florida and Tennessee. Huge get for the buckeyes at a position of question this season.

Also look for 4* OLB Mike Mitchell to commit to the buckeyes tomorrow during th US Army AA game.

Still in the running for 5* WR James Quick. He will announce tomorrow as well. Down to OSU and hometown Louisville.

Please add any info you come across and keep each of us all updated on how we fair and key targets we snag in!

Go Buckeyes!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Re: Ohio State football recruiting 2013

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Also another to watch tomorrow is Shelton Gibson, 4* WR from Cleveland Heights. Not expected to announced to my knowledge but a good chance for OSU to land.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Also one to watch for is Vonn Bell, 5* safety out of Georgia. Pretty much down to OSU and bama. Set to make a visit to Columbus next weekend, bama the following and Tennessee the weekend after. Very solid player and be a big get to add to the secondary in this class with Cam Burrows and Eli Apple.

Urban making his name felt in the state of Georgia! Next years class is loaded with GA talent and Meyer has gotten all of their attention. Alot of buzz down south for buckeye nation

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It will only get better for the Buckeyes

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Ohio State is quickly transforming into a program better than any team the SEC can produce. It's going to be tough to keep OSU out of national title contention every season for years to come.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

They'll get Mike Mitchell today, and maybe James Quick.

Quick's recruitment has gone much like the Diggs recruitment last year.
He wants OSU, his family and close friends want him to stay home and go to Louisville.

If they land Quick, then the door closes for the other receivers, with Quick and Marshall in house.

Their next big war is with Bama for Vonn Bell.
Meyer and Saban have both personally taken over the recruitment of Bell.
OSU has pulled even, and many think ahead of Bama on this one.
Bell will be in Columbus next weekend, and Saban has scheduled an in home visit for the day after he gets back.
Bell has been hanging out with the OSU recruits this week at the UA game, and has become good friends with Marshall.
Marshall has also scheduled his official visit to OSU next week, so he can be there with Bell.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I'm really hoping we can land Quick! Like you, dubs, I feel he wants ohio state but the people around him are pulling for Louisville. If we can add him with Jalin Marshall that would be huge for the offense. Be 2 really explosive play makers for the buckeyes that could step right in next season. Marshall displayed alot of talent last night at the UA game.

I read as well the Marshall has been on Bell hard. Hopefully being at Columbus with him will be some added juice to the recruitment. Bell was another one that stood out last night and played well. The GA kids seem to like urban and the buckeyes. Hopefully Bell will follow trey Johnson and make way for the GA-Ohio recruiting pipeline!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Cam Heyward and Bradley Roby are both from the same county in GA, as Johnson.
We've been able to get GA guys in the past, but now Meyer gives a southern "cred" to the recruitment.

Landing McMillen at LB in the 2014 class will be huge.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Gettin McMillen would def be huge get and seems OSU is his top school as of now. Be great to add him along with Kitt, Glass and Autry that would be an amazing class and all seem high on Meyer.

I guess what I was getting at was instead of gettin the occasional GA kid like Heyward and Roby, it might be a common thing to snag a couple a season on Urbans time.

Definitely making for some exciting recruiting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great times to be a bucknut. right now i'd say it could be texas a&m, and the buckeys for all the marbles next year.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

No James Quick. He stays home and chooses hometown Louisville. Also his fathers alma mater.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

The positive, LB Mike Mitchell picks OSU. 2 huge LB pick ups the last 2 days

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Big Loss on Quick, bowl game must have did it

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I seen a report that Quick said had he chose Wednesday it would have been OSU but after the BCS win he went Louisville. I still believe his decision wasn't solely based off a BCS win. In fact, if that were the case OSU should have been a no brainier having the most BCS appearances and BCS wins lol.

That's recruiting tho. Tough to snag a hometown kid away. Seen it 2 years in a row now. Quick this year and Diggs last season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

See where the Buckeyes moved up to #3 in recruiting. Quick may have put them #2

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very excited to see Johnson and Mitchell commit to the Buckeyes.......LB's were a huge need, and Coach Meyer has two studs. Bell would be another great player to add to the class. Meyer did well last year on short notice, and this year he is even doing better.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

We have 21 in the class now, and Jordan Hall received his medical redshirt today, also Bradley Roby is coming back.

I think they close with the addition of ATH Christopher Worley, WR Sheldon Gibson, and S Vonn Bell.
That would be 24.
There are a couple OLInemen on the map.

If they go to 25 though, i think we will need to have a couple transfers to fit at 82.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Alex Anzalone decommitted, AGAIN, from ND.
Will enroll early at Florida.

Personally, I've thought this was coming for about a month now.
His convenient excuse was Brian Kelly's interview with the Eagles.
BK bailing on ND is picking up a lot of steam.

That brings me to this.
If BK bails, expect Urban to go after Jaylen Smith hard!
Smith is a stud, and Rod Smith's brother.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Definitely would be sweet to be bring in Jaylon Smith. He said on his twitter whether Kelley goes or stays he's staying at ND but never know once it actually happens.

Would be a unreal class if they get Gibson, Bell and Smith. Bell is going to be a tough one. We'll see if Meyer can work his magic this weekend and get a commitment.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Bucks

Return to “College Sports”