College Recruting Philosophy

Omega
SEOPS H

College Recruting Philosophy

Post by Omega »

As national signing day is upon us, I ask what are your thoughts about college recruiting philosphies?

Do you choose the Sparty Coach Dantonio approach of signing the two and three star players who can be coached up into being stud players?

Do you choose the Urban Myer approach of going after the best four and five star players and apparently relying on raw athleticism over coaching in an effort to win championships?

What say you ?

halfacent
Freshman Team

Re: College Recruting Philosophy

Post by halfacent »

My trust is in Meyer and his philosophy. Is working just fine. Now that we get HIS secondary in place with some new better coaches in place, and a # 2 recruiting class, the future is bright for my Buckeyes.

alabama mike
SE

Re: College Recruting Philosophy

Post by alabama mike »

I really think it depends on the program and the particular coach. Some schools sell themselves bc of history, tradition and the coach. Most schools do not have history, tradition or a coach that makes for an easy sell.

Meyer, Saban, Miles etc... are big names and they coach at big time programs. It is much easier for them to go after 4 & 5 star recruits than someone at say a Southern Mississippi, Kansas or Indiana. Those coaches have to really develop relationships with kids not high on the radar and hope they can pull off a big recruit from time to time.

DantonIo may not get a lot of 5 stars but he does get big time recruits. This class, 2014, should bring in more bc of this past seasons success.

Return to “College Sports”