PENN STATE / OHIO STATE ----WHAT DO YOU THINK.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PENN STATE / OHIO STATE ----WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHO WINS THIS HEAVYWEIGHT COLLEGE MATCHUP.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: PENN STATE / OHIO STATE ----WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ohio State by a touchdown.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Buckeyes by 17

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OSU offense looking good, the defense better get some things fixed before Penn State comes to town. I'd say some jobs are at stake if the defense doesn't get some things turned around.
The Shoe is going to be one rockin place Saturday night. I can't see the Buckeyes losing but I didn't think Northwestern or Iowa would give them that much trouble either.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Right now everytime is throwing the kitchen sink at the buckeyes and giving them their best shot. This is the 3rd team in a row coming off a bye with 2 weeks to prepare for ohio state and throw in something new. Purdue will make the 4th straight team to do so next week.

Penn state doesn't have the physicality of Iowa to control the line of scrimmage and run the ball down our throats. The run shouldn't be a issue which in will return allow more focus on hackeburg and the passing game. He's been tough so far but this is by far his biggest test of date going to the shoe at night. And by far the best team they'll face all year. The osu offense shouldn't have any problems moving the ball against penn states defense.

If they keep pressure on hackeburg and his receivers and the offense plays up to standard it could be a big win. They allow hackenburg to make plays then it could be another fairly close game. No reason osu shouldn't win by atleast 2 touchdowns if not way more. Indiana smacked penn state in bloomington a couple weeks ago. And Penn states big win was at a home white out game against a inconsistent Michigan team and neither one could figure out how to win

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bucks though it may be uncomfortable until the 4th quarter. A better question is what would it take for an undefeated Buckeye team to make it to the BCS Championship...let's here thoughts!

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

dazed&confused wrote:Bucks though it may be uncomfortable until the 4th quarter. A better question is what would it take for an undefeated Buckeye team to make it to the BCS Championship...let's here thoughts!
To be honest I really dont see the Bucks in a BCS title game. I will be happy with winning the B1G and a Rose Bowl Victory this year. Lets face the facts we are not that good Oregon Would Destroy us and So would Fla St. The only team I feel like we match up with is Bama and they would beat us by 30.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

VegasEagle wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:Bucks though it may be uncomfortable until the 4th quarter. A better question is what would it take for an undefeated Buckeye team to make it to the BCS Championship...let's here thoughts!
To be honest I really dont see the Bucks in a BCS title game. I will be happy with winning the B1G and a Rose Bowl Victory this year. Lets face the facts we are not that good Oregon Would Destroy us and So would Fla St. The only team I feel like we match up with is Bama and they would beat us by 30.
Back to back undefeated seasons for Urban at OSU without a national title to show for it, that's gonna be hard to take for this old Buckeye! :122247 :122247

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

VegasEagle wrote:

i's sure like to see it settled on the field, when you ain't been beat in 2 years you deserve the shot. let's hope the voters get it right, then if they lose, they can make their comparisons.of course none of this matters if we stumble somewhere along the way.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

VegasEagle wrote:

i's sure like to see it settled on the field, when you ain't been beat in 2 years you deserve the shot. let's hope the voters get it right, then if they lose, they can make their comparisons.of course none of this matters if we stumble somewhere along the way.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Right now all the buckeye cans do is just win. I personally feel as well we're looking more at playing in the rose bowl if we win out. The real chance is just getting some help from Oregon, Florida state, bama to lose, possibly Mizzou and Baylor as well. Ohio states defense is getting them more lack of respect prob more so than their schedule. The defense on paper doesn't look horrible, ranking 15th in the nation, but to see what it's done on the field has been painful at times to watch. The 2nd half adjustments have been stellar but the first half damage has been rough. Play a first half like that against Oregon, Florida state or bama and there's no marginal come back, especially with a defense like Florida states.

Our offense is good enough IMO to play for a title. But to be realistic contenders the need for atleast a top 5 defense is a must. Anything can happen still yet. Last year the defense found their stride late in the season. Hopefully they will this year as well.

As far as going 25-0 and getting left out, I agree with that statement, but in all reality last year doesn't mean a thing to this season and what's happened

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Another true freshman will light up OSU for about 400 passing yards. Roby will not have a chance against Robinson, who is better then Abbridaris. I was really hoping some player can move to Defense from Offense like Boren did last season, maybe Guiton, Fields, Cardale Jones, Rod Smith. They clearly can't do as poorly as the players in the D backfield now. Very upset that Armani Reeves made no attempt to run down a 260 pound tight end.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

For what it's worth, Jake Duzey, the TE is a 4.4 40 guy. He's not a big slow tight end and caught the ball in full stride. Roby prob would have had the speed to catch him. Reeves not so much, he's a 4.4 guy himself and had to correct from jumping at the ball.

Hackenburg will make some plays but I can't see him tossing for 400yds.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

[Back to back undefeated seasons for Urban at OSU without a national title to show for it, that's gonna be hard to take for this old Buckeye! :122247 :122247[/quote]

Every 34 years, Bucks will be due again in 2036.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me too buddy, and I can see the writing on the wall.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:me too buddy, and I can see the writing on the wall.
Bait, we need some help at the top that I just don't see us getting :cry:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I think Bama and Oregon lose, FSU is the best team in the country right now.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I agree. FSU all around looks like the best team. Playing great football right now.

Sad thing is, I heard Finebaum and another espn douche bag saying yesterday if all 3 win out that Oregon would prob get the nod to play in the title and FSU be left out due to how the computers view them.

I hope all 3 lose ideally but if they win out its hard for me to see FSU not get a shot but then again Oregon has been tough as well. If all that would be play out and osu continue to win the buckeyes may very well get Oregon in the rose bowl. Which id love to see happen and the bucks pull the "upset" after being left out of the title game

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OSU has to win out, others will lose. Look what happened last week.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

The db's are playing too soft. Coaches need to have them come up and press more often

Return to “College Sports”