NORTHERN ILLINOIS@OHIO STATE--YOUR THOUGHTS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NORTHERN ILLINOIS@OHIO STATE--YOUR THOUGHTS!

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK THAT URBAN THINKS THE BUCKEYES WERE LETHARGIC IN A 38-0 WIN OVER THE RAINBOW WARRIORS. AND A LIL BIT WHISTLEBIT FROM PLAYING MONDAY AND SATURDAY. NORTHERN ILLINOIS HAS A GOOD SQUAD, BUT I THINK THE BUCKS FIX SOME THINGS AND TEE OFF ON THE HUSKIES.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Re: NORTHERN ILLINOIS@OHIO STATE--YOUR THOUGHTS!

Post by Senatorz10 »

Buckeyes by as many as they want...

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Bucks O-Line needs a good Hog Molly slopfest to get their groove back.
Look for more power running with Zeke, and Cardale getting to throw the deep ball because of it.

When an O-Line needs a confidence booster, nothing does the job like a downhill power run game.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Hawaii couldn't muster an offense, but that may not be the case this week, the Huskies have a fairly potent attack, both sides of the ball need to bring their A game and put these puppies to waste quickly and not let they hang around until the forth quarter!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

N-Ill is much better than Hawaii, so the Bucks can ill afford to let them stick around.
If the Bucks start quick, this is a blowout.

49-15. Bucks

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

The offense has little identity. Problems on the offensive line as mentioned before.

This "Cardale Jones OR JT Barrett" is a huge detriment. Pick one and go with him. The starter needs to get 75-80% of the first team snaps in practice and I am sure that hasnt been the case. They must develop great timing in the passing game and its hard to do that when they are splitting reps all week.

"The Slobs" need a wake up call. Way too many blotched blocking assignments, false starts and holding the past 2 games. Even issues lining it up and running Zeke right at the other team.

They need to get back to "The Chase" and scrap "The Grind".

There will be a huge target on their backs all year and they will get everyone's best shot......but hey this is OSU football and that is the case regardless.

I was very impressed with Mich St. If we have any type of letdown, or this offense doesnt establish an identity, they will be in trouble.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

bucks big

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

newarkcatholicfan wrote:N-Ill is much better than Hawaii, so the Bucks can ill afford to let them stick around.
If the Bucks start quick, this is a blowout.

49-15. Bucks

I AGREE NCF.
AND WESTERN MICHIGAN NEXT WEEK WON'T BE A PUSHOVER. THEY WILL GET EVERYONE'S BEST EFFORT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Badboy wrote:The offense has little identity. Problems on the offensive line as mentioned before.

This "Cardale Jones OR JT Barrett" is a huge detriment. Pick one and go with him. The starter needs to get 75-80% of the first team snaps in practice and I am sure that hasnt been the case. They must develop great timing in the passing game and its hard to do that when they are splitting reps all week.

"The Slobs" need a wake up call. Way too many blotched blocking assignments, false starts and holding the past 2 games. Even issues lining it up and running Zeke right at the other team.

They need to get back to "The Chase" and scrap "The Grind".

There will be a huge target on their backs all year and they will get everyone's best shot......but hey this is OSU football and that is the case regardless.

I was very impressed with Mich St. If we have any type of letdown, or this offense doesnt establish an identity, they will be in trouble.
GREAT POST. GOOD POINTS. I COULD CARE LESS WHAT THEY CALL IT, JUST GET ER DONE.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

b!G game for THE . must prepare for western side of Michigan . Best of luck fellow Buckeye fans , tighten up those chin strap's and lets do this !! Go Bucks !!!

If we all survive this 2 weeks we might need some Nitroglycerin to get us thru murders row . Ind , Maryland , Penn St , Rutgers and Minny . 7 weeks 7 wins . Write it Down , I'm calling the Bucks to go 9-0 !

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you funny dan.--------------------------------------I have a sneakin suspicion that the buckeyes go off on the talented husky squad, after what I bet is a very spirited week of practice.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

because the buckeyes sleep walked through the 1st half last week, and urban did not look amused.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As mentioned above, NIU is a respectable opponent. Buckeye chemistry seems out of synch. Ohio State struggles but wins 34-24.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

This is a pretty important game IMO,If they struggle again things will get hairy and opponents down the road will start smelling blood in the water and they might lose some confidence as a result the rest of the year,no excuses this time they got plenty of time to prepare, so I expect a big ole blowout if things are on the right track.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TO MY BUDDY DUBS. OLE BAIT HOPES YOU HAVE A VERY SPECIAL BLESSED BIRTHDAY BIG GUY.
AND GIVE THAT YOUNG-UN A HUG FROM OLE BAIT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote:As mentioned above, NIU is a respectable opponent. Buckeye chemistry seems out of synch. Ohio State struggles but wins 34-24.

let's hope it's not that close. but I agree we just ain't hittin on all cylinders right now. but we are capable of just destroying teams. they must wake up , and get a killer attitude again.and niu is a very worthy opponent as broadcasters will find out as well.northern illinois was 11-3 last year. with wins over Presbyterian, northwestern,unlv,kent state,miami,eastern Michigan,ball state,toledo,ohio, they beat bowling green in the mac championship and lost to marshall in the boca raton. their only losses other than that were to central Michigan and Arkansas.
central Michigan won 7 games last year and arkansas of the sec won 7- with wins over texas tech, lsu and ole miss and texas.--------------so I see them as legit as you can get.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Teams that play on Labor Day traditionally play DII teams the following Saturday and many of them struggle. #13 Va Tech lost to James Madison the Saturday after losing to #3 Boise State on Labor Day back in '10 - and then went on to win 11 in a row en route to the Orange Bowl. It's kind of like the "let down-look ahead" sandwich effect. On a full week of rest, I look for the Buckeyes to win handily. Maybe not the 35-point spread that has ballooned in Vegas throughout the week, but still handily. Urban Meyer is no Brett Bielema. He's not looking down the road to anyone. Northern Illinois is as good as any team OSU will play until AT LEAST Minnesota. Yes, I said it: the Huskies right now are better than quite a few Big 10 teams - and Urban Meyer knows it. The MAC is up this year and it will be one of the funnest conference races to watch unfold. Western Michigan, Toledo, Northern Illinois, and Bowling Green are extremely dangerous teams. Even my beloved Bobcats aren't to be taken lightly.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I too think the mac has an awesome year fuzz. but gonna be hard to top that Toledo win over arky. ole be-enema took a golden rocket to the keyster for bumpin his gums.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:because the buckeyes sleep walked through the 1st half last week, and urban did not look amused.

10:00 left second quarter. NIU 10 TOSU 3. I guess the Bucks are still asleep or dreaming of dating Taylor Swift.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Play calling by the Bucks have made this a game.

Return to “College Sports”