Thoughts going into Week #5

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Thoughts going into Week #5

Post by Senatorz10 »

This is my overview going into this upcoming week's Slate of games.

1. The SEC Wagon is slowly losing its wheels.
*Alabama Is traveling to Georgia to face the Bulldogs. Alabama is an underdog for the first time since 2009. I see Georgia winning by 10.
*Florida is a spoof. They come off two nailbiters against Kentucky and Tennessee. But now host Ole Miss. Although they let Vandy hang around that game, I see Ole Miss smashing the Gators by 3 TDs.
*Other SEC Winners: LSU, Tennnessee, Kentucky, Vandy, Texas A&M, Auburn.

2. The B1G showing some strength.
* With Michigan returning to the top 25, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Sparty and the Buckeyes. I see all ranked teams winning, but I could see Iowa causing issues for the Badgers.

3. The PAC12 is starting to show Who's who.
* UCLA and Utah are clearly the best in the PAC12. I see Stanford as the favorite out of the North. Oregon just got destroyed bt the Utes. The south is just too tough to predict right now.

4. The BIG XII is... im not 100% sure.
* TCU and Texas Tech traded punches all game with a TOTAL LACK of defense on both sides. TCU did not impress me AT ALL. It reminded me of a Biddy League game.
Now Texas Tech faces Baylor. This is Baylors first true test. Also Oklahoma gets tested again as the undefeated Mountaineers roll into town. Should be a dandy!
Texas faces TCU, I see Texas taking a pretty bad beating.

5. The ACC is WEAK.
* Other than FSU and Clemson, And im still not sold on either team. Georgia Tech fell to Duke last week. They should recover. FSU faces Wake Forrest... zzzz. The only game of interest is when Clemson gets a true test against Notre Dame. I see this game being a high scoring affair.

Thats my overview for this week. Give me your thoughts!

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Thoughts going into Week #5

Post by Omega »

Good analysis, but do not overlook Clemson. Solid team with speed. They have a favorable schedule ( Notre Dame, GA Tech, and FSU) all at home
which if they navigate successfully, could vault them close to top 4 status. Of course could and actuality are not the same thing.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Omega wrote:Good analysis, but do not overlook Clemson. Solid team with speed. They have a favorable schedule ( Notre Dame, GA Tech, and FSU) all at home
which if they navigate successfully, could vault them close to top 4 status. Of course could and actuality are not the same thing.
I know... but for some reason EVERY YEAR, Clemson suffers from a season gaff or error and finds a way to lose a game.. I just dont see a 1 loss ACC Team making it to the Playoffs.. The ACC as a whole is very weak.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

TCU is getting hammered with injuries,thought I heard they had 7 defensive starters out of last weeks game,that could explain why TTU got so many points on them last week and they just lost a starting WR for the year,I don't see them making it to the playoffs this year due to all their injuries.Oklahoma is my sleeper pick in the 12.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I think TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma ALL have at least 2 losses at the end of the season. Oklahoma will play the spoiler.

You're right, the ACC is weak (again) and it all comes down to how good Clemson really is this year. If they beat ND they have a legitimate shot at running the table....but they may be the FSU from last year and get thrashed in the first playoff game.

Iowa.....Kirk Ferentz...they always find a way to lose games they shouldn't lose but they also seem to find ways to beat teams they shouldn't. Northwestern, Wisconsin and Iowa will fight it out for their spot in the B1G Championship game and whoever wins this weekend between Iowa and Wisconsin is in the driver's seat.

PAC12 could have a champion that has 2 losses this year which will make things interesting.

SEC- When Lane Kiffin rumors of bending Nick's daughter over the bed take precedence over their actual football program, they have issues. We know that after these teams run the "Gauntlet" (LOL) there will likely not be a team left at the end of regular season with only 1 loss. LSU may be the surprising team that could wind up unbeaten. Not sold on Ole Miss. If not for the ball bouncing their way numerous times against Bama, they would have lost that game. If Georgia can elude their one mental breakdown game every year, they could run the table in the weak SEC east and have a shot at the playoffs. Mark Richt almost always seems to find a way to lose to an inferior opponent though.

With any luck Bama and ND go down hard this week and we can eliminate them from further discussions......and I wont be forced to watch ND games at the in laws house any longer lol.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Im not totally sold on LSU. Their QB is not consistent. And If they put all the load on Fournette, Teams facing LSU will stack the box full to stop Fournette. The one thing that has hurt LSU the last few years was a strong QB (Mettenberger was ok but he sustained many injuries)

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote:
Omega wrote:Good analysis, but do not overlook Clemson. Solid team with speed. They have a favorable schedule ( Notre Dame, GA Tech, and FSU) all at home
I know... but for some reason EVERY YEAR, Clemson suffers from a season gaff or error and finds a way to lose a game.. I just dont see a 1 loss ACC Team making it to the Playoffs.. The ACC as a whole is very weak.
Thus the verb clemsoning.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Omega wrote:
Valenth wrote:
Thus the verb clemsoning.
Touché! my friend! Nailed it!

Return to “College Sports”