Ohio Bobcats 14 Akron 12

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Ohio Bobcats 14 Akron 12

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

It was all defense in this one.
Ohio 227 yards of offense.
Kent State 319 yards of offense.

Derrius Vick(Lincoln, Neb) 18-29 179 yards 1 TD 1 PICK.

Robert Stein(Cincy, Ohio) 4 field goals for Akron.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Ohio Bobcats 14 Akron 12

Post by dazed&confused »

Go Bobcats!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ohio should have won last week

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Yes they should have, but Frank is doing something right in Athens, could they be the MAC sleeper team this year?

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

I think the cats were underrated this year. Picked third in the division I think?? Looking good right now, should be an easier game next weekend against Miami (OH).

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Chieftain2009 wrote:I think the cats were underrated this year. Picked third in the division I think?? Looking good right now, should be an easier game next weekend against Miami (OH).
Ohio should win 8 games, give or take 1. This is a game I truly thought that OU would win by 10 points or so. The offense was inconsistent and the running game was non-existent. Bowling Green is the clear favorite in the East and it's really not close. The Bobcats will go to a bowl game, but until they show that they're capable of competing with the top of the league, they're projected to finish right where they should be.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

fuzzhead wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:I think the cats were underrated this year. Picked third in the division I think?? Looking good right now, should be an easier game next weekend against Miami (OH).
Ohio should win 8 games, give or take 1. This is a game I truly thought that OU would win by 10 points or so. The offense was inconsistent and the running game was non-existent. Bowling Green is the clear favorite in the East and it's really not close. The Bobcats will go to a bowl game, but until they show that they're capable of competing with the top of the league, they're projected to finish right where they should be.

One of the teams that was picked ahead of them was Akron. And in the BG series the visiting team has won more than not in the past 10 years, which bodes well for OHIO

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Aside from the consensus pick of Bowling Green being at the top of the East, the rest of the division was a toss-up. Most preseason polls had OU anywhere from 2nd to 4th. Bowling Green, barring a severe meltdown, will enter the OU game as double digit favorites, having destroyed the Bobcats the last two years and having come out of the gate on fire this year, with two Big 10 wins on their resume. The Falcons and the Rockets are the cream of the MAC crop until someone else steps up. Northern Illinois isn't the same team they've been and Western Michigan has disappointed so far, as well.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Problem with BGSU is that their defense is every bit as bad as their offense is good.

Return to “College Sports”