Baylor Fires Head Coach Art Briles

Omega
SEOPS H

Baylor Fires Head Coach Art Briles

Post by Omega »

University President Kenneth Starr fired earlier in the week, now HC Briles. The issue seems to be non reporting and cover up of sexual assaults by athletes. Big trouble at Baylor which is surprising for a religious sponsored school. I guess football in Texas can take precedence over decency.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 36095.html

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Baylor Fires Head Coach Art Briles

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Briles is a good coach, but there are certain things you just can't do! And this is one of them.

As far as religious schools in D1. Usually aren't real religious. Maybe the school was founded by a church and they announce that, but they don't really follow it all that much. Same thing with TCU.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He probably won't be out of work long

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

He's 60 years old and has a net worth of 8 million. I would say he will hang it up after this scandal. Won't look good with this hanging over his head for future coaching jobs. I'd pretty much say he's done IMO.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:He's 60 years old and has a net worth of 8 million. I would say he will hang it up after this scandal. Won't look good with this hanging over his head for future coaching jobs. I'd pretty much say he's done IMO.
There are updated stories that Briles is suspended as a procedural step prior to his termination. This is to allow time to negotiate the terms of his dismissal. That indicates there will be a financial incentive for him to leave. So I guess the coach will be crying all the way to his bank and will not have need to work. I cannot begin to imagine the wording and complexity of a contract for a big time college football head coach.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/baylor ... smsnnews11

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He could always go to the NFL,they just care about winning up there and all else is just noise,but if it was me I'd say the heck with it and start hitting the golf courses.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree Bolt, get the clubs out at that age and let his 8 million work for him, bring the interest cash in and enjoy himself. Heck, he could invest in a few things too. JMO.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ken Starr has not been fired yet, only demoted to another cushy job. He is now the Chancellor and professor of Law, kind of Ironic that he'd be teaching a law class. Maybe it's on ethics?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw old Ohio university coach Jim Grobe got the job at Baylor

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bill Clinton should have played football at Baylor :lol:. Good for Grobe hope he does well! Be weird to see his option offense down there though,if that's what he still does.

Return to “College Sports”