Is there too much bias in buckeye land?

Davis
Waterboy

Is there too much bias in buckeye land?

Post by Davis »

I am having a hard time understanding the fans in ohio saying that osu is number 1.
Let's face it, everyone saying the buckeyes are the best team in the country cause they won it all last year, are the same HYPOCRITES saying florida state shoudlnt be #1 last year...and they were not. Florida State would have been exposed much earlier if they played anyone in the Non-Con or conference schedule.

Ohio state has beat.
Va Tech 4-5
Hawaii 2-7
NIU 6-3
WMU 5-3
Indiana 4-4
Maryland 2-6
Penn State 7-2
Rutgers 3-5

Let's just set the record straight. NIU and WMU aren't good. Penn State is the only "Respectable," win and it's not really even respectable.
Why can't buckeye fans just admit that they were'nt very good last year, got in on name recognition only and played inspired because they were told they didnt belong(because they didn't) and caught alabama sleeping and Oregon injured. WAKE UP BUCKEY FANS!

for those moaning about osu being #3 in the CFP rankings, rejoice. The buckeyes aren't even in my top 7 LOL!!!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Is there too much bias in buckeye land?

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I really haven't seen anybody complaining about OSU being #3. I accept that, they haven't looked completely like the best team in the country this year. You can't say anything about last year unless you're an idiot...results are results. If they didn't belong last year, they wouldn't have won it last year. NIU beat a top 25 team in Toledo last night, so you can't say they aren't good! Penn State is up this year compared to the last couple years, and I'll give you that OSU's schedule hasn't been great so far. Compare OSU schedule with the other top 4 so far:

#1 Clemson (Not great but better than OSU):

Wofford 4-5 (FCS)
Appalachian State 7-1 (FCS)
Louisville 4-4
Notre Dame 7-1
Georgia Tech 3-6
Boston College 3-6
Miami (FL) 5-3
NC State 5-3

#2 LSU:

Miss St. 6-2
Auburn 4-4
Syracuse 3-5
East Michigan 1-8
South Carolina 3-5
Florida 7-1
West Kentucky 7-2

#4 Alabama:

Wisconsin 7-2
MTSU 3-5
Ole Miss 7-2 (Lost)
Louisiana-Monroe - 1-7
Georgia 5-3
Arkansas 4-4
Texas A&M 6-2
Tennessee 4-4

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Is there too much bias in Davis land?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

danicalifornia wrote:Is there too much bias in Davis land?
:lol: :lol:

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Davis...You are way too intelligent for this board! You are assured of that!

Davis
Waterboy

Post by Davis »

I wouldnt say that but I do have a lot of football knowledge.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Wow boys and ladies we have a smart 1 or a99 on our hands here lol If ya wanna talk about joke schedules look at clemsons and lsu's

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

I dont believe that Clemson or LSU could stand the onslaught of the "killer" schedule that OSU plays. Could you imagine what would happen to these teams if they had to play WMU or NIU? Or Hawaii? Or Va Tech? Or Maryland,Rutgers,Indiana(without QB and TB 2nd half) and PSU? All in a row? It would break their will

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

If Clemson, LSU and Alabama does anything in the future it will be falling in ranks (If they keep the resume crap up) Why? Because they have gone thru the meat of their schedule. Soon, Baylor, TCU, Michigan State and Ohio State will have more stout opponents to back the resume. Even Notre Dame has Stanford to play...

The entire SEC West last year was RANKED... This year... its definitely Weaker... Miss St fell off big, Arkansas lost to Toledo (Who lost to NIU) Auburn is a cluster*$#% so the Iron Bowl could possibly be a sleeper? or if Auburn shocks them n wins it... Alabama will be a cesspool of whiners. Texas A&M has become a fence-sitter on the polls. LSU has a one dimensional offense.. and Ole Miss got beat up on by Florida and Memphis...

Return to “College Sports”