NEXT SAT.OHIO STATE @ OKLAHOMA- YOUR THOUGHTS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NEXT SAT.OHIO STATE @ OKLAHOMA- YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I AIN'T LOOKING AHEAD I KNOW WE HAVE TULSA FIRST. JUST WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE WERE THINKING ABOUT THIS GAME. THIS IS HUGE. I HOPE IT DOESN'T TAKE ANY LUSTER OR IMPORTANCE ON THIS GAME WITH HOUSTON BEATING THE SOONERS. THE COUGARS ARE GONNA BEAT A WHOLE LOTTA PEOPLE THIS YEAR. WE CAN'T GET CAUGHT LOOKING AHEAD OVER TULSA. BUT WHAT ARE PEOPLE'S THOUGHTS ON THIS TITANIC EARLY SEASON TILT.

FRANKLY I THINK THE BUCKS ARE GOING TO WEAR THEM OUT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Re: NEXT SAT.OHIO STATE @ OKLAHOMA- YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Buckeye def will b tested for sure. This will tell how good the offense line really is!!!! By the start of conf play they should be gellin, we hope.Hate2 say this but 3 losses could happen. Rough skedule for sure.

G0 BuCKs
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Way too early to speculate on Sooner Boomer. Bucks have to get past a decent Tulsa squad, especially without injury.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well OSU defeated Tulsa 48-3. Very uninspiring performance by the Bucks despite the score. Tulsa exposed State's offensive line in the early going. The Sooners will stunt and blitz for sure. The Bucks have playmakers but Okie has more experience on both sides of the line of scrimmage and the home field advantage. My heart says otherwise, but Oklahoma will prevail 27-17. Then again, what the heck do I know?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

The D will have to step Up huge for the bucks

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Definitely a winnable game! But, the offensive line is really gonna have to step it up a notch or two. As well as the interior defensive line. If we do that, there'a good chance the Bucks come out of Norman with a win!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Tough game to call.I am thinking the Buck will win, but it wouldn't surprise me if Oklahoma beat them.Agree that the lines will have to improve as Tulsa was really pushing them around in the first half.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

If Ohio State comes out like they did against Tulsa in the Second Half after that Rain Delay... Buckeyes are in Business... But the Buckeyes CANNOT Solely depend on the Defense to bail them out in difficult times like they did in the first half... they need to be firing on ALL 8 Cylinders.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Agree with Valenth. OSU has to come out strong and weather the storm in the first quarter in Norman. If they play to potential they win by 14.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Valenth wrote:If Ohio State comes out like they did against Tulsa in the Second Half after that Rain Delay... Buckeyes are in Business... But the Buckeyes CANNOT Solely depend on the Defense to bail them out in difficult times like they did in the first half... they need to be firing on ALL 8 Cylinders.

great post n I agree. the offensive line got manhandled the 1st half vs. Tulsa. and they were killing us mixing in the intermediate passing game. poor oline play, poor dline play. and arm tackling. my guess is, and I could be wrong. but I think at the half urban swung a big stick in the basement of the horseshoe. and inspired a lot of guys in scarlet n gray, and provided an attitude adjustment. anybody have any meteorology skills pray for some hard rain. the bucks liked that. and apparently likes to splash around in the water. key early matchup here, with a bunch of voters watching.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Will be a much tougher battle, but I see the Buckeyes winning by at least 24.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HOPE SO OLE BUDDY TRENCH. THAT WOULD BE OUTSTANDING.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

COOLEGE FOOTBALL IS ABOUT TO GET REALLY EXCITING THIS WEEKEND WITH MORE MARQUEE MATCHUPS WEEK 1. WHICH WAS CRAZY, WHO'S GONNA LAND WHERE IS ANY ONE'S BET. I THINK BAMA, FLA. STATE AND OHIO STATE ALL 3 HAVE LEGITIMATE CHANCES OF GETTING BEAT. the Seminoles play a very scrappy sound Louisville cardinal team. Alabama plays ole miss, who if I ain't mistaken who has beaten them the last 2 times they played. and after bama trashing the men of troy week one from the left coast. they had a very lackluster win over the wku hilltoppers.and ohio state is takingon boomer sooner who is still smarting I'm sure from a spankin at the hands of the Houston cougars.clemson plays south Carolina state from the fcs. and from what we seen weeks 1 n 2. that could be a barnburner.not likely, but hey a bunch of em have been.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

crazy there ain't nobody talkin about this prime time matchup. the sooners have a rich, storied tradition. but it seems like the last 10 er so. they get rated very high before the 1st snap. and start falling. winning a big one often. but losing a couple that are head scratchers usually. I love this matchup, and hope the bucks just uproot the sooners, and turn that dang covered wagon upside down. Houston was not a head scratcher, they flat wore out ole boomer. and will win a whole heap o games.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd love to see a cougar/buckeye matchup while herman is still there.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Saw yesterday or the day before, Okie's backup QB was talking trash when he was talking to someone in the media LOL

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Saw yesterday or the day before, Okie's backup QB was talking trash when he was talking to someone in the media LOL

It reminds me of the VaTech QB that made a smart remark during halftime. I believe he said "It will take harder hits than that to get me out of the game". Within a few minutes of the second half he was sitting on the sideline wondering where he was after a big hit from the Bucks. The only difference is he will be sitting on the bench unless we can knock OK's QB out of the game.

This is nothing but good bulletin board material for these young OSU defensive players. They fly around the field, they tackle well in space and they make sure you know they were there when they deliver hits. They are going to make mistakes but they make them 100mph. This is without a doubt, the fastest, most athletic defense OSU has put on the field. They are deeper than most think at every position.

The comment was made due to OSU playing a "basic" defense. This backup QB is right about part of his statement, as they play a basic defense due to the youth on that side of the ball. But their speed and athleticism make up for it.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They don't need any bullentin board material for this game,if they can't get up for this game they are not human.Houston's QB killed them with his combination of running and passing,he is a good one! Bad news for Okla is the Buckeyes QB is very similar although maybe not quite as good a runner as Ward.I think for the Bucks to win this one they need to take some shots downfield and I think they will and be successful! Bucks 28-14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Chieftain2009 wrote:Saw yesterday or the day before, Okie's backup QB was talking trash when he was talking to someone in the media LOL
kinda like that feller out in san Francisco who ain't a starter, eh. gotta do something to get noticed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote:

It reminds me of the VaTech QB that made a smart remark during halftime. I believe he said "It will take harder hits than that to get me out of the game". Within a few minutes of the second half he was sitting on the sideline wondering where he was after a big hit from the Bucks. The only difference is he will be sitting on the bench unless we can knock OK's QB out of the game.

This is nothing but good bulletin board material for these young OSU defensive players. They fly around the field, they tackle well in space and they make sure you know they were there when they deliver hits. They are going to make mistakes but they make them 100mph. This is without a doubt, the fastest, most athletic defense OSU has put on the field. They are deeper than most think at every position.

The comment was made due to OSU playing a "basic" defense. This backup QB is right about part of his statement, as they play a basic defense due to the youth on that side of the ball. But their speed and athleticism make up for it.
red that's crazy you said that I was ready to post about this next. karma has a way of evening things out.

Return to “College Sports”