OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post Reply
User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20640
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 am

IT'S 7:34 AM HOW'S ABOUT SOME THOUGHTS AFTER THE GAME TODAY ON WHO/WHAT IMPRESSED YOU ABOUT THE SPRING GAME. IT'S A 12:30 BIG TEN NETWORK.


IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20640
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 am

AND GO BUCKS
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 4719
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by mattash » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Joe looks great

Orange and Brown
SEOP HOF
Posts: 18066
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by Orange and Brown » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Joe looked pretty good. Made a couple mistakes but didn't turn the ball over.
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20640
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:53 am

I've only seen the 1st quarter so far. gonna watch the rest later after church. but I did not care for the no tackling format.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:18 am

Joey Burrow looked really good to me. Not perfect but this early, he was good.
Johnnie Dixon looks like he is going to be a big factor this season.
A.J. Alexander was big time.

svac83
Varsity Bench
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by svac83 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 am

Me, my wife and daughter went up for game.. so this is my take from what I saw live.. if there had been good coverage.. Burrow would of not of had a great game .. but he definetly looked best of 3 qb's.. number 20 is going to be a good back.. too early to tell anything else but a ton of blown coverage on defense

User avatar
cbolt
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2171
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Deep in an engine block

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by cbolt » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:05 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I've only seen the 1st quarter so far. gonna watch the rest later after church. but I did not care for the no tackling format.
I agree I didn't like that either.I know it's about injuries, but it just didn't seem like football.I thought all the QB'S looked pretty good, but hard to tell how good with the half azz defense.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20640
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:15 pm

my junior baits were up here yesterday, and I didn't get to watch the rest. too much pool being played at the baitcave. and we all went to the lake white club for an easter buffett. I felt like a tick when I left. hopefully watch the rest this week.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Bleeding Red
All State
Posts: 4237
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by Bleeding Red » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Both Burrow and Haskins looked very good. Both throw the ball better than Barrett. Haskins probably has the upper hand on running, Burrow the upper hand on knowing the offense.

McCall looked great. He will be the Curtis Samuel this year. Paris Campbell looked very good as well as Dixon. Victor could be the deep ball threat at 6'4 and a crazy wingspan. Too many dropped balls though.

The WR, QB and RB positions are STACKED this year. It will be fun to see the power of Mike Weber and the speed of McCall and Campbell. The big question mark will be the O line and how well they play together. Its no secret they really struggled last year compared to what we are used to seeing.

Defensively, they will look much like last year. Tons of speed and athleticism. Also a lot of youth. I think Schiano will really bring defensive pressure this year considering the defensive front they have as well as the raw talent in the defensive backfield.

The loss of Hooker, McMillan, Conley and Lattimore will hurt, but allow these other guys to shine. Next man up.

I know the expectations are always high at OSU, but with the amount of upper classmen scUM lost, *ichigan State sucking last year, Penn St might be the only game that a focused OSU team has to fight through to win in the regular season.

Bleeding Red
All State
Posts: 4237
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by Bleeding Red » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:48 pm

I am going to make a bold prediction and say that OSU finishes 12-0. Their closest games being Oklahoma (we win by 10) and Penn State (we blow them out for payback the second half).

OSU will play FSU in the first round of the playoffs, win by 10 and beat Bama in the NC game by 7. Bama loses to FSU in their opener but finishes 11-1 to make it in. They beat USC in the first round of the playoffs to face OSU.

As for those butt hats up north, things go back to the tune of 42-14 for the good guys. That seems to be a very common final score the past 5 years lol.

Omega
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1170
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by Omega » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Bleeding Red wrote:I am going to make a bold prediction and say that OSU finishes 12-0. Their closest games being Oklahoma (we win by 10) and Penn State (we blow them out for payback the second half).

OSU will play FSU in the first round of the playoffs, win by 10 and beat Bama in the NC game by 7. Bama loses to FSU in their opener but finishes 11-1 to make it in. They beat USC in the first round of the playoffs to face OSU.

As for those butt hats up north, things go back to the tune of 42-14 for the good guys. That seems to be a very common final score the past 5 years lol.
I appreciate your optimism BR, but I hope the 31-0 butt kicking at the hands of Clemson to end 2016 has not damaged the Buckeye psyche and removed the vale of invincibility from Meyer and the team. Other teams now know OSU is human and beatable.

As to spring game standouts I would say no one simply because of the "two hand touch" like rules for the contest. I would have really been interested in Isaiah Prince and JT Barrett under actual game conditions. The new play calling and emphasis on the deep passing game won't matter if the O-Line cannot give pass protection.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

Bleeding Red
All State
Posts: 4237
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by Bleeding Red » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Omega wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I am going to make a bold prediction and say that OSU finishes 12-0. Their closest games being Oklahoma (we win by 10) and Penn State (we blow them out for payback the second half).

OSU will play FSU in the first round of the playoffs, win by 10 and beat Bama in the NC game by 7. Bama loses to FSU in their opener but finishes 11-1 to make it in. They beat USC in the first round of the playoffs to face OSU.

As for those butt hats up north, things go back to the tune of 42-14 for the good guys. That seems to be a very common final score the past 5 years lol.
I appreciate your optimism BR, but I hope the 31-0 butt kicking at the hands of Clemson to end 2016 has not damaged the Buckeye psyche and removed the vale of invincibility from Meyer and the team. Other teams now know OSU is human and beatable.

As to spring game standouts I would say no one simply because of the "two hand touch" like rules for the contest. I would have really been interested in Isaiah Prince and JT Barrett under actual game conditions. The new play calling and emphasis on the deep passing game won't matter if the O-Line cannot give pass protection.
I dont look for Prince to remain a starter after fall camp. His feet are slow and he cant pass block.

User avatar
Valenth
All State
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 am
Location: Ohio

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by Valenth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm

I think the "Two Hand Touch" Spring Game was just to ensure that key players stay healthy. We wouldn't want a major piece of our team to be out for 4-6 months or even longer with a major injury..

Post Reply