OCTOBER 14TH OHIO STATE @ NEBRASKA. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OCTOBER 14TH OHIO STATE @ NEBRASKA. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OHIO STATE JUST TORCHED A MARYLAND TERP TEAM AND HAD TURTLE SOUP ALL NIGHT(LIVE ACTION) AS TURTLEMAN WOULD SAY IN THE SHOE LAST NIGHT. IN A GAME I THOUGHT WOULD BE MUCH CLOSER. AND NEBRASKA LOSES ANOTHER HEARTBREAKER TO THE PRIDE OF THE BIG TEN WEST THE WISCONSIN BADGERS, AFTER A VERY WELL PLAYED GAME. WHAT SAY YA'LL AS THE BUCKEYES HEAD TO NEBRASKA TO RASSLE WITH THE''CHILDREN OF THE CORN'' SATURDAY.

AND SPARTY FLEXED IT MUSCLES AGAINST MICHIGAN IN THE BIG HOUSE. AND STOLE ONE WITH 5 TAKEAWAYS. SAQUAN BARKLEY GOT CORRALED THE 1ST HALF AGAINST THE NORTHWESTERN WILCATS FOR LIKE MINUS 1 YARDS, THEN THE SECOND HALF HAPPENED AND HE TURNED IT ON AS THE NITTANY LIONS DROP PAT FITZGERALD'S WILDCATS.IOWA ROLLED ON AGAINST THE ILLINI, AND WHO IS THEE TEAM TO BEAT IN THE EAST, OHIO STATE, PENN STATE, MICHIGAN STATE OR MUCHIGAN AS IT APPEARS THE BADGERS IN CHEESELAND HAVE A STRANGLEHOLD ON THE WEST. AND THEY MISS OHIO STATE AND PENN STATE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: OCTOBER 14TH OHIO STATE @ NEBRASKA. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Post by Bleeding Red »

OSU needs to clean up special teams.

Nebraska has been a pretender since last year. Mike Riley has been a dud and they struggle with even mediocre teams.

This will be their Super Bowl when OSU comes to Lincoln but OSU will be too much.

OSU 38
Pretenders 17

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Maryland not very good. Nebraska not much better.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I believe we are seeing the Mike Riley Farwell Tour.

Current stop, Lincoln NE to take another beating. Courtesy of The Ohio State Buckeyes.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Nebraska got rid of their AD who did bring in Riley. Nebraska has not been the dominate team since coming into the Big 10. A few good years. They have had alright players but not like the level of former foe Oklahoma.
With all the turmoil going on at Nebraska, Ohio State needs to score early and put them out of the game. If they hang around could be like the Iowa St vs Oklahoma game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Maryland was no surprise esp. since they were severely handicapped at QB. Nebraska shouldn't be much different but the Bucks might not get 62 this time around,probably around 35-45 would be my guess. Lets face it we will not see how much they have improved until 10/28 when the real games start!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Hope the Bucks come out like they did against Maryland. Except this time, use your head, and quit making the silly mental errors.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:39 pm Nebraska got rid of their AD who did bring in Riley. Nebraska has not been the dominate team since coming into the Big 10. A few good years. They have had alright players but not like the level of former foe Oklahoma.
With all the turmoil going on at Nebraska, Ohio State needs to score early and put them out of the game. If they hang around could be like the Iowa St vs Oklahoma game.

my buddy dave rimington is the interim ad there now. me n him were talking around the time frame on the phone that riley was hired, and he kinda thought it was a head scratcher then. I look for a much more rock star hire the next time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was surprised by the Maryland score, pleasantly surprised though. they definitely have qb woes. but the bucks just shut them down.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Riley hire was a surprise. He was suppose to bring stability to the program. Riley was not a name known in the midwest As well as the big names just were not interested in going into Nebraska at the time. I do not care for the big name. Just like Oklahoma getting the outstanding young coach off their own staff to replace Stoops.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Look for the Bucks to cool off this game. Not a trap game but hard to maintain intensity and Lincoln will be noisy Saturday night

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Riley's old job is now open at Oregon State. Where Anderson resigned and came to an agreement not to take the money he was owed in his contract. Said Coaching should not be all about money. Which should help him to get his next job. Even if Riley is not going to Oregon State as a coach he could in some other capacity. No matter what his time in Nebraska is counting down.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 pm Look for the Bucks to cool off this game. Not a trap game but hard to maintain intensity and Lincoln will be noisy Saturday night
It was noisy there last Saturday night vs Wisky too until the early pick 6. Then it was crickets.

I am still not sold on Wisky as they have not played anyone "good" yet.

The better teams in the B1G run the ball for their offensive strength. OSU has a run stopping defense.

I think shutting other team's running game is a given. Just have to not get beaten through the air.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

This season seems eerily similar to 2014

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

did you guys see where the Oregon state head coach stepped down, they owe him like 12,000.000 he told them just keep it. he was good, money ain't everything he said. ------------------------------------------------ unfreakin believable.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 pm Look for the Bucks to cool off this game. Not a trap game but hard to maintain intensity and Lincoln will be noisy Saturday night
I see State on top something like 31-21. The Huskers are much better than the likes of UNLV and Rutgers plus Lincoln at night is not the easiest of venues for the visiting team. Also consider that OSU may go conservative to work on execution and to keep PSU guessing.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Just saw over on 11w. That the big ten is apologizing for the targeting ejection on Denzil ward. I think I don't want an apology. I want an explanation. I want an official to get in front of a microphone at a press conference and explain what the hell they are looking at. I am not talking about a game official. Talking about a replay guy. The guys on the field have a hard enough job I don't think they need to explain why they threw the flag. But the guy in the booth who can slow it down. Look at it. 5 different ways, And still say it was targeting. I want to know what they are looking for because this thing is called completely different in the different conferences. Big ten and especially the sec are totally different in what they let players get by with. This is a good rule. But we need to find some consistency with it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

victor creed wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:42 pm Just saw over on 11w. That the big ten is apologizing for the targeting ejection on Denzil ward. I think I don't want an apology. I want an explanation. I want an official to get in front of a microphone at a press conference and explain what the hell they are looking at. I am not talking about a game official. Talking about a replay guy. The guys on the field have a hard enough job I don't think they need to explain why they threw the flag. But the guy in the booth who can slow it down. Look at it. 5 different ways, And still say it was targeting. I want to know what they are looking for because this thing is called completely different in the different conferences. Big ten and especially the sec are totally different in what they let players get by with. This is a good rule. But we need to find some consistency with it.
It was a B.S. call. The official on the field AND the replay officials should be fined and suspended. It was as clean of a good hit that a DB could have on a WR and they completely blew it.

As far as the game...... I don't see OSU being conservative AT ALL. I don't see them throwing the ball 40 yds down the field 10 times but I think they keep the offense moving with shorter passes and running the ball. If they can score 80 they will. They need the momentum and style points every week.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I don't think the on field official should be penalized ,it was bang bang violent looking because he went flying back,but the replay official should be standing in the corner with gum on his nose because that was ridiculous! Agree with red they won't pack it in, the ball will be flying everywhere if JT can see them and hit them. Corn is ranked 47th in pass defense so they would be crazy not to take some shots

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

victor creed wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:42 pm Just saw over on 11w. That the big ten is apologizing for the targeting ejection on Denzil ward. I think I don't want an apology. I want an explanation. I want an official to get in front of a microphone at a press conference and explain what the hell they are looking at. I am not talking about a game official. Talking about a replay guy. The guys on the field have a hard enough job I don't think they need to explain why they threw the flag. But the guy in the booth who can slow it down. Look at it. 5 different ways, And still say it was targeting. I want to know what they are looking for because this thing is called completely different in the different conferences. Big ten and especially the sec are totally different in what they let players get by with. This is a good rule. But we need to find some consistency with it.

victor that was a horrible call wards right shoulder was clearly planted into the ball carriers chest. and it was an extremely short replay. I can see how a ref can somehow miss that occasionally live action. but like you said they have replay. I watched Johnstown and Newark catholic last Thursday night on tv and there were like 8 in the 1st half called with 2 legit ones.i agree good rule, poor execution of the use of it. they should suspend his suspension as well.like you they need to be accountable by a press conference and the replay was so quick. I honestly think the ref threw the flag because the manner of the tackle by just trucking the guy and not wrapping up. from his angle it may have looked like contact to the head. but replay seriously dropped the ball there. I think they are putting too much emphasis with sticking with the call on the field. it was a very violent collision, but football isn't a game of contact, it's a game of collisions. but I agree with you, too much inconsistencies. and follow that up with a head scratcher, by allowing the running back to drop his head to target a defender. can't hit low, can't hit high. then running backs ball all up in a cannon ball prior to contact, and use that to get targeting calls, geeze o pete.

Return to “College Sports”