11-28 PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Re: 11-28 PENN STATE @ OHIO STATE BIG TEN ACTION

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

For 49 minutes Penn State was heading to a convincing win when some divine light shined on Barrett and the Buckeyes who made an improble fourth quarter comeback. JTB was 33-39 for 328 and four TD's. Penn State, though outgained 529 to 283, kept OSU at bay as the Buckeyes self destructed with penalties and special team errors, until Barrett played a quarter of football unprecedented in Columbus.

I still feel Lions are the more complete and better coached team. They possess intangibles that seem to escape most Buckeyes except Barrett. Ohio State has serious flaws that are still not fixed, yet OSU now controls their own destiny in the Big Ten championship race and keeps themselves in the CFP discussion.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

I in no way seen where they was the BETTER team they got 2 real good returns on our special teams 14 points and a couple shotty calls. THEIR ALL STAR PLAYER WAS CONTAINED ALL NIGHT except on that kick return

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:00 pm I in no way seen where they was the BETTER team they got 2 real good returns on our special teams 14 points and a couple shotty calls. THEIR ALL STAR PLAYER WAS CONTAINED ALL NIGHT except on that kick return
35 of their 38 points
14 as a result of kick returns
14 as a result of officiating. Taking two Ohio State INT’s in the end zone away, one for a PS TD and the other a phantom IF call setting up the TD.
7 points on a very short field after an Ohio State fumble on their first series of the game.
OSU dominated and not for the terrible officiating and special teams blunders OSU wins this game going away.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

I agree remove two kick returns and shotty calls you have a 39-21 game

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:29 pm I agree remove two kick returns and shotty calls you have a 39-21 game
Or worse. Two TD’s we went for two and failed and two FG’s instead of TD’s.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

True! Lets hope the momentum keeps going

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:18 pm
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:00 pm I in no way seen where they was the BETTER team they got 2 real good returns on our special teams 14 points and a couple shotty calls. THEIR ALL STAR PLAYER WAS CONTAINED ALL NIGHT except on that kick return
35 of their 38 points
14 as a result of kick returns
14 as a result of officiating. Taking two Ohio State INT’s in the end zone away, one for a PS TD and the other a phantom IF call setting up the TD.
7 points on a very short field after an Ohio State fumble on their first series of the game.
OSU dominated and not for the terrible officiating and special teams blunders OSU wins this game going away.
Exactly. Look at ALL of the offensive stats and defensive stats for both teams. OSU dominated this game with exception of poor calls and their kickoff coverage.

A win is a win and they still control their own destiny. Oh....

And Pedd State isn't the #1 defense in the country anymore.

I will give Franklin credit. He was very professional in his presser. He knew that he almost stole a game he didn't deserve.

Bye bye Saquon.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Barrett is in the Heisman talk with that one.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Season 100 775 7.8 52 5 7 65 9.3 18 0 dobbins

Season 117 757 6.5 80 8 32 448 14.0 85 3 barkley

barkley a helluva receiver but dobbins just as effective running

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

A humdinger. :D

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Thought no way the Bucks would pull this one out with all the mistakes and penalties they had. They dominated the stats but were still very fortunate to win. It took a near perfect game from Barrett and splendid play defensively as the defensive line took control as expected. Love the Sam Hubbard two player tackle he had in the backfield. Hope the Bucks head's don't get too inflated after this. Meyer moves to 22-1 coming off bye weeks,incredible!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:00 am Thought no way the Bucks would pull this one out with all the mistakes and penalties they had. They dominated the stats but were still very fortunate to win. It took a near perfect game from Barrett and splendid play defensively as the defensive line took control as expected. Love the Sam Hubbard two player tackle he had in the backfield. Hope the Bucks head's don't get too inflated after this. Meyer moves to 22-1 coming off bye weeks,incredible!
The Hubbard "tackle for two" may have been the most important OSU play of the season. It seemed to be the "Come to Jesus" moment for the team over and beyond Barrett's leadership.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... WC79pt6goo

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OH MY GARSH WHAT A GAME SATURDAY AS THE NUMBER 6 BUCKEYES COME FROM WAY BEHIND TO UPSET THE NUMBER 2 PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS AND WIN A HUGE GAME 39-38. THAT WAS LIKE A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. THE LAST 3 MINUTES I WAS IN THE FLOOR WITH MY BIG OLE ENGLISH MASTIFF, AND I HAD MY FINGERS CROSSED AND WAS HOLDING KIMBO'S TOES CROSSED. IT WAS PANDA -- LEERIA HERE IN THE BAIT CAVE. THE MRS. GOT SICK FROM A FLU SHOT AND HAS BEEN COUGHING HER HEAD OFF, SHE'S AS HORSE AS ED ORGERON FROM LSU AND SHE WAS COUGHING AND HOLLERING, MY DOG WAS BARKING. POPCORN FLEW EVERYWHERE.KIMBO FREAKED N KNOCKED OVER MY BIG OLE OHIO STATE HOSPITAL MUG FROM THE OHIO STATE HOSPITAL, LUZIANNE SWEET TEA N ORANGES WERE EVERYWHERE. I FOUND OUT MY MANCAVE FLOOR AIN'T QUITE LEVEL.THAT WAS AN AWESOME FREAKIN GAME. NOW ON TO IOWA TO FACE THE IOWA HAWKEYES, WHAT SAY YA'LL HERE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

DOWN GOES PENN STATE, DOWN GOES NUMBER 4 TCU, THANK YOU IOWA STATE CYCLONES. THE PLANETS ARE ALL ALIGNING.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they was makin ole bait as nervous n clammy as a pregnant nun at midnight mass throwing all them sideline lateral passes deep in our end of the field under the goal posts. how easy would that be to pick, go vertical baby, or run. and if it's a lateral, and mishandled , you're talking about scoop n score for penn state. I told mrs. bait before the kickoff, DO NOT KICK TO SAQUAN BARKELY KICK EVERY KICK OUT OF BOUNDS, GIVE IT TO THEM AT THE 35 EVERY TIME. and pap-pow we kick to barkely, everybody is coming down one side of the field, out of our lanes, and there he goes around the opposite side. he gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. urban looked like he had vomited up his spaghetti, and had to re-eat it because millions acros the world was watching him. but at least it taught him a lesson. our special teams are very worrysome to me. and we had the number 2 team in the country and the refs to beat. we had no less than 3 reviewable calls go against us. but maybe the most exciting finish I ever saw. praise god the rains never came. because without jt barrett, we lose that game. he was on fire. and the recievers stepped up, and gave jt all the time in the world as we riddled their secondary with scraffing runs with pinpoint accuracy. we bottled up saquan for the most part. the qb killed us up the gut. I heard them say last week, mc --sore--ly played in 4 state championship games in high school as a qb, and they won 3 of them. that's getting er done brother. we beat a beast, we really did. and I thought like everybody else we were beat. I told lisa we can score on these guys, if we can just get em off the dang field after 3rd down. jt looked like a 1st round draft choice, starting nfl qb yesterday, and just pole vaulted himself into Heisman trophy conversation contention in my opinion.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The offense in the 4th for OSU is what we have be waiting on the past few years when it got to tough games. They needed to run the ball more. The announcer Klatt was a former QB he sure didn't understand the behind the line passes for the game over and over. The team just has to play the whole game all out to win the rest of the games. JT made the passes at the end of the game. PSU defense was not even in the same time zone on some passes. Making it easy pitch and catch. They need to put this game behind and improve the kickoff coverage.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One big play not being talked about was the blocked punt. Special teams big plays helps to get the team fired up. Should be able to get a block in almost every game if they really want to. Punt returns were not good for the Bucks.

Return to “College Sports”