MICHIGAN STATE @ OHIO STATE WHO YA GOT HERE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MICHIGAN STATE @ OHIO STATE WHO YA GOT HERE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WOW MY BUCKEYES GOT BLASTED TO SMITHER -- EENS BY THE IOWA HAWKEYES. NOTHING YOU CAN DO BUT LOOK FORWARD AND MOVE ON. I'VE SAID IT FOR MANY YEARS. ''SOMEDAY YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD, SOMEDAYS YOU'RE THE BUG'' COACH FERENTZ HAS AN AWESOME PROGRAM THERE AT IOWA. AND CONGRATULATIONS TO HIM. AND PENN STATE WAS TOPPLED BY MICHIGAN STATE BY THE MIGHTY MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS, MSU WAS 3-9 LAST YEAR, AND TEARING IT UP THIS YEAR. AND THE SPARTANS COME TO THE HORSESHOE NEXT WEEK TO PLAY THE , YOU GUESSED IT, THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. SO TIME TO REEL THE FISH IN , AND TIGHTEN UP THE DRAG. THIS MAKES A HUGE STATEMENT AS TO THE DEPTH AND QUALITY OF JUST HOW BIG AND DIVERSE THE BIG TEN FOOTBALL TEAMS ARE.CAUSE IT GETS REAL NEXT SATURDAY AS WELL. BUT MY LOVE FOR MY BUCKEYES WILL NEVER WAIVER, AS MY LOVE FOR CHRIST NEVER WILL EITHER.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: MICHIGAN STATE @ OHIO STATE WHO YA GOT HERE.

Post by Omega »

Sparty 31 TOSU 24

The recruiting services say Ohio State has possibly the best talent in all of college football. Reality shows the Buckeyes to be a flawed team. No use recounting the issues. Nine games into the season the Buckeyes are what they are, players and coaching staff.

As to Sparty, Dantonio is the original slayer of Urban's and Buckeyes. Like Ferentz at Iowa, Dantonio gets the most out of limited resources and three star recruits.

Under normal circumstances, Ohio State would rebound from the Iowa loss with a solid win over MSU, yet I see Sparty prevailing. Ohio State and Meyer are beaten down mentally and physically without an off season or patsy available to lick their wounds.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

As much as I'd like to take it out on the Buckeyes for two frustrating weeks, I dont see a blowout but the Bucks will win by a couple of touchdowns.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

If the Bucks would have won yesterday I probably would have picked Sparty win,but for some odd reason I think they might get off the mat and look impressive again. I know one thing Dr.Jekyll better show up at the operating table! Sparty is ranked 3rd in the land in rushing defense so he will have to have a good game throwing the ball,as much as people want to see it, handing off to Dobbins every time in this game will not work against this defense. Meyer said Iowa was baiting him a lot playing a one man on two receivers zone coverage. I am sure Mr. Dantonio was taking notes! MSU is ranked 58th in pass defense so this is where they will have to make their money.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Just saw where the Bucks only fell to number 11 in the AP. That is really surprising they didn't fall farther with two blowout losses now, can't complain the Bucks don't get any love from the voters.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The winner of this game wins the Big Ten east.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have a really bad feeling after what I witnessed Saturday afternoon. I really do. dantanio has had ohio state's number. and even more important has urban's number. sparty went 3-9 last year and are on a tear. if we look anything like we looked Saturday we'll get thumped. will the real buckeyes step up.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm not too confident in the Buckeyes right now. I'm taking Michigan State 24-21, but I hope I'm wrong.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WOW ! What team will show up ! Go OSU !

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As bad as I hate to say it, Dantonio plays us close even when MSU sucks.

Gotta think Sparty wins 28-24

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

OK when was the last time Meyer lost two in a row? Bucks 31-17

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Buckeyes receivers with the routes they run are too easy to defend. Iowa figured it out.
They only thing that worked were the long bombs that were connected for TD’s. Something coaches didn’t go back to in the second half.
This whole season with the coaches and play calling is a huge mystery.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Im gonna back the bucks no matter what! So i say buckeyes 31-28

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I will say this.......

If OSU uses the running game to open up the passing game, they will be fine. If they have to scrap the running game early in the game they are screwed. The key for OSU all year has been not falling behind early.

On top of that, the stupid bone head penalties (coming off a TO and jumping offsides, holding, the regular OSU drive killers) cant happen. Period.

MSU always gives me an uneasy feeling. This year its worse. Preseason, every analyst wrote MSU off in the B1G East and jumped on OSU over Penn St for the B1G winner and put MSU toward the bottom. Dantonio has been feasting on that all year. There are not many other coaches in D1 that can take 3 and 4 star recruits and turn them into very good TEAMS like he has in the past.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

24-10 Little brother

AT THE RESERVATION
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

thing the 2014 fall national champs did well that set them apart was man could they play well and win in the big games........this osu group lacks that consistency and will be interesting to see which group shows up to play......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm OK when was the last time Meyer lost two in a row? Bucks 31-17
Urban lost three in a row during his last season at Florida in 2010.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sc ... edule.html

From an old article about Meyer leaving Florida, there were accusations that he lost control of the culture as Florida coach. Is the same thing happening at Ohio State.? I am still mesmerized how a team with so much talent can look so bad against teams with a pulse since 2014. The only answer I can come up with is loss of discipline among certain individuals. I guess the lure of NFL contracts outweigh team goals.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... -will-musc

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Bucks need to run the ball 30 times or more with JT 6 or less times. The Special Teams need to produce 7+ points with at least 3 big plays. To help get the players and fans excited and in the game. If JT is afraid to throw the ball in tight coverage. Last week he did throw into coverage but might of well just hand the ball to the other team. Not even close to completing to a Buckeye.

The Buckeyes seem to have a lot of talent coming in but quite a few of those players not improving much. While their attitude of NFL more than team goals. Then in games not making big plays. Outlasting a team more on talent then taking over the game and putting the other team out of the game. Flipped through the channels yesterday and heard Paul Finebaum make a statement that Urban has lost his edge somewhat. As well that his offense went down hill after losing Dan Mullens as OC then at OSU will Herman left as OC. Which if you think about that the offenses were not close to what it was when those two were running the show.

As with JT. I think Urban has been trying to make it up to JT for all he done his freshman year only to get hurt and not be able to play in the National Championship run.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think this was a bad thing to happen recruiting time wise. especially after the Clemson and boomer sooner debacle,

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Omega wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 am
dazed&confused wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm OK when was the last time Meyer lost two in a row? Bucks 31-17
Urban lost three in a row during his last season at Florida in 2010.
Ohio State ain't Florida. They collapsed after he left. Some say he lost the program, I think he maxed out. Florida isn't the premier program in their own state, let alone the SEC. I think you'll see a different team in scarlet and gray this weekend.

Return to “College Sports”