sit back and watch

User avatar
dazed&confused
SEOPS H
Posts: 7385
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:39 am
Location: On the road making sales!

Re: sit back and watch

Post by dazed&confused » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 pm

hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm
You guys sound ridiculous!!! The Bucks are not getting in!!! PERIOD!!! But please keep posting your crazy scenarios. I REALLY ENJOY the absolute absurd thoughts. Make great reading!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do your lips move when you read it? 8-)



smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by smurray » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm

hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm
You guys sound ridiculous!!! The Bucks are not getting in!!! PERIOD!!! But please keep posting your crazy scenarios. I REALLY ENJOY the absolute absurd thoughts. Make great reading!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stranger things have happened.
Tell us, does a two loss Notre Dame, a two loss Big 12 non champion, a two loss SEC non champion, a two loss ACC non champion beat out a two loss Big Ten CHAMPION?
The scenario isn’t far fetched at all. Will it play out that way - things haven’t played out the way we thought they would up to this point so who knows.

Omega
S
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: sit back and watch

Post by Omega » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm

smurray wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm
hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm
You guys sound ridiculous!!! The Bucks are not getting in!!! PERIOD!!! But please keep posting your crazy scenarios. I REALLY ENJOY the absolute absurd thoughts. Make great reading!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stranger things have happened.
Tell us, does a two loss Notre Dame, a two loss Big 12 non champion, a two loss SEC non champion, a two loss ACC non champion beat out a two loss Big Ten CHAMPION?
The scenario isn’t far fetched at all. Will it play out that way - things haven’t played out the way we thought they would up to this point so who knows.

The Bucks were ninth in tonight's CFP rankings. Moved up four spots but behind Auburn Notre Dame and Georgia with Wisky only 5th. Even with the running the table by the Bucks or Badgers, you can make an argument the Big Ten and Pac12 get left out. This may be the year a conference gets two teams in. Chaos will happen, but the Bucks may be to far down to make up the gap. If Clemson and Miami have a close game in the ACC CG, both may get in.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by smurray » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Omega wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 pm
smurray wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm
hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm
You guys sound ridiculous!!! The Bucks are not getting in!!! PERIOD!!! But please keep posting your crazy scenarios. I REALLY ENJOY the absolute absurd thoughts. Make great reading!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stranger things have happened.
Tell us, does a two loss Notre Dame, a two loss Big 12 non champion, a two loss SEC non champion, a two loss ACC non champion beat out a two loss Big Ten CHAMPION?
The scenario isn’t far fetched at all. Will it play out that way - things haven’t played out the way we thought they would up to this point so who knows.

The Bucks were ninth in tonight's CFP rankings. Moved up four spots but behind Auburn Notre Dame and Georgia with Wisky only 5th. Even with the running the table by the Bucks or Badgers, you can make an argument the Big Ten and Pac12 get left out. This may be the year a conference gets two teams in. Chaos will happen, but the Bucks may be to far down to make up the gap. If Clemson and Miami have a close game in the ACC CG, both may get in.
Yes, it just depends how it all plays out. But there is a very good possibility the Buckeyes make it.
Pretty much everyone is saying Notre Dame is out even though they are 8 right now, one ahead of OSU.
If, and it's a big if, Alabama runs the table that means Auburn will have 3 losses and Georgia 2 and Georgia wont be a conference champion. That would put OSU ahead of Georgia.
Should Miami and Clemson win out and Miami beat Clemson in the ACC Championship game Clemson would have two losses and not a conference champion. One would think OSU would surge ahead of them should the Buckeyes be a two loss Big Ten Champion. Wisconsin has to be undefeated when the Buckeyes beat them - should the Buckeyes win out to that point.
So much, what ifs at this point, but isn't that the way it is every year?

hateraid
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by hateraid » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Iowa 55
OSU 24
Argument over!!!
A top 4 team doesnt lose a game like that to lowly Iowa.

Westfan
SEO
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:16 am

Re: sit back and watch

Post by Westfan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm

hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm
Iowa 55
OSU 24
Argument over!!!
A top 4 team doesnt lose a game like that to lowly Iowa.
Deserving or not
If Ohio State wins the last 3 games convincingly, they will be in. Especially if they beat Wisconsin bad, which they will.
Georgia getting smoked was the SEC's only chance at 2 teams.
Only scenario where they don't would be Clemson beating a one loss Miami close in the ACC championship.
Last edited by Westfan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by smurray » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm
Iowa 55
OSU 24
Argument over!!!
A top 4 team doesnt lose a game like that to lowly Iowa.
I would normally agree - but things can play out where they make it. There is no dominant team right now so who knows.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22982
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: sit back and watch

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 am

hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm
You guys sound ridiculous!!! The Bucks are not getting in!!! PERIOD!!! But please keep posting your crazy scenarios. I REALLY ENJOY the absolute absurd thoughts. Make great reading!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think they will either. we had our chances. but a lot can happen in 2 weeks. and then conference championships.but it may be hard to keep them out if they win out and somehow beat wisky in the big ten champ. game game. bama/auburn still has to happen yet, and speaking of the sec the sec has some grueling/killer games this week starting off with mercer @ bama, florida/uab -- south Carolina and the mighty Wofford terriors === auburn and ul Monroe -- the pendulum can swing in funny ways.
stay tuned ya'll.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Omega
S
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: sit back and watch

Post by Omega » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 am

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 am
hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 pm
You guys sound ridiculous!!! The Bucks are not getting in!!! PERIOD!!! But please keep posting your crazy scenarios. I REALLY ENJOY the absolute absurd thoughts. Make great reading!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think they will either. we had our chances. but a lot can happen in 2 weeks. and then conference championships.but it may be hard to keep them out if they win out and somehow beat wisky in the big ten champ. game game. bama/auburn still has to happen yet, and speaking of the sec the sec has some grueling/killer games this week starting off with mercer @ bama, florida/uab -- south Carolina and the mighty Wofford terriors === auburn and ul Monroe -- the pendulum can swing in funny ways.
stay tuned ya'll.
Hey do not sleep on the Wofford Terriers, SoCon champions! Also Will Muschamp is slowly rebuilding South Carolina into a respectable program. They will give Clemson all they want next week.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22982
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: sit back and watch

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:08 pm

I hope they knock off Clemson.i remember when the Wofford program was much smaller and less competitive.i was friends with their coach david fagg.but have since lost touch with him. apparently the southern conference was a great fit after all.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

hateraid
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by hateraid » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Westfan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm
hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm
Iowa 55
OSU 24
Argument over!!!
A top 4 team doesnt lose a game like that to lowly Iowa.
Deserving or not
If Ohio State wins the last 3 games convincingly, they will be in.
Keep drinking that Scarlet Kool-Aid. Id love to know what teams they will jump to get in? Ill give you Whisky, and ND. I think OSU's best hope is #5 or6. I think OSU has one of the top 4 teams in the country.....but you cant loose 2 games the way they did and justify a spot in the playoff. They were blown out 2 times at completely different times of the year. And 1 was at home by a 1 loss team above them Okla can loose and still be above OSU due to the head to head win in Cbus.

farmer
SEOP
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by farmer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:09 pm

The last few weeks teams have fallen. Much like the last OSU National Championship team came up after the others had fallen. This year the teams are up and down even Alabama could have been beaten on a last play of the game. Miami didn't seem to be good but just beating teams then destroy ND. Miami could lose a game and still beat Clemson. I would say the top 10 teams are still in it. All it takes is bad weather or injuries to change everything around. That is why you play the game. Also line up and play the game in your jersey for the year not what NIKE wants.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by smurray » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:11 pm

hateraid wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm
Westfan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm
hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm
Iowa 55
OSU 24
Argument over!!!
A top 4 team doesnt lose a game like that to lowly Iowa.
Deserving or not
If Ohio State wins the last 3 games convincingly, they will be in.
Keep drinking that Scarlet Kool-Aid. Id love to know what teams they will jump to get in? Ill give you Whisky, and ND. I think OSU's best hope is #5 or6. I think OSU has one of the top 4 teams in the country.....but you cant loose 2 games the way they did and justify a spot in the playoff. They were blown out 2 times at completely different times of the year. And 1 was at home by a 1 loss team above them Okla can loose and still be above OSU due to the head to head win in Cbus.
Nobody is drinking any Kool-Aid. I would agree about the two OSU losses but this is a crazy year.
We have laid out how they can make it in.
A two loss conference champion is better than a two loss non conference champion.
Ohio State, should they win out, would be the conference champions with wins over ranked teams Wisconsin (possibly 4th & undefeated when they play them), Penn State (2nd at the time), Michigan State (11th at the time) & Michigan.

Of course, it's all a mute point if Ohio State doesn't win out.

Omega
S
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: sit back and watch

Post by Omega » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:32 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:08 pm
I hope they knock off Clemson.i remember when the Wofford program was much smaller and less competitive.i was friends with their coach david fagg.but have since lost touch with him. apparently the southern conference was a great fit after all.
Any more I prefer to watch SoCon (Wofford) and Big South (Gardner Webb) football rather than the big boys. Their game is not as athletic but is more pure, more collegiate. The kids play for pride rather than a NFL contract.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOP
Posts: 4678
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

Re: sit back and watch

Post by Bleeding Red » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:56 am

So you're saying there is a chance????? Lol

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22982
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: sit back and watch

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:58 am

hateraid wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm
Westfan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm
hateraid wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm
Iowa 55
OSU 24
Argument over!!!
A top 4 team doesnt lose a game like that to lowly Iowa.
Deserving or not
If Ohio State wins the last 3 games convincingly, they will be in.
Keep drinking that Scarlet Kool-Aid. Id love to know what teams they will jump to get in? Ill give you Whisky, and ND. I think OSU's best hope is #5 or6. I think OSU has one of the top 4 teams in the country.....but you cant loose 2 games the way they did and justify a spot in the playoff. They were blown out 2 times at completely different times of the year. And 1 was at home by a 1 loss team above them Okla can loose and still be above OSU due to the head to head win in Cbus.
AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME TO SAY HATER, I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT. IT WOULD BE A MIRACLE AT THIS POINT. BUT WE CAN STILL HOPE FOR SOME MAJOR UPSETS. I'M GONNA GO OUT ON A LONG LIMB AND SAY BAMA TORCHES MERCER. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO WE HAVE TO LOOK ELSEWHERE TILL THE IRON BOWL.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 am
Location: Somewhere watching sports.

Re: sit back and watch

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 am

You all gotta forgive hater he is a louisville fan and we know what they do not have and mr.everything jackson and still cannot pull a win against a decent team out their ass's
I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.

hateraid
Varsity
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 pm

Re: sit back and watch

Post by hateraid » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:56 am

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 am
You all gotta forgive hater he is a louisville fan and we know what they do not have and mr.everything jackson and still cannot pull a win against a decent team out their ass's
Sure am a Louisville fan/Grad. And I knew when Clemson blew us out we had no chance of doing anything this year. Unlike you who is trying to justify an underachieving OSU squad making a playoff they have no chance of making. Im sorry next to no chance. Outside of Ohio everyone knows this. Face facts OSU blew their chances 2 weeks ago in Iowa. I don't care if they win out by an average of 50 points...they are not getting in. Too many teams above them with better resumes.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 am
Location: Somewhere watching sports.

Re: sit back and watch

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 pm

hateraid wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:56 am
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 am
You all gotta forgive hater he is a louisville fan and we know what they do not have and mr.everything jackson and still cannot pull a win against a decent team out their ass's
Sure am a Louisville fan/Grad. And I knew when Clemson blew us out we had no chance of doing anything this year. Unlike you who is trying to justify an underachieving OSU squad making a playoff they have no chance of making. Im sorry next to no chance. Outside of Ohio everyone knows this. Face facts OSU blew their chances 2 weeks ago in Iowa. I don't care if they win out by an average of 50 points...they are not getting in. Too many teams above them with better resumes.
Atleast you still admit they're your team! Guess we shall see
I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 22982
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: sit back and watch

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 am

FELLERS DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Post Reply