22. Northwestern - 8-3
23. Boise State - 9-2
24. South Carolina - 8-3
25. Virginia Tech - 8-3

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: College Football Playoff Rankings - Week 13

Post by Omega »

Extreme long shot for the Bucks making the playoffs, even as BIG champs. All you can say is IOWA. Cheer the Bucks to win out and claim a conference championship and secure a NY6 bowl bid.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ain't that the truth omega. we can't stand prosperity. what it proved was a mediocre team with the right game plan and a fast pace can expose the buckeyes, they are just too inconsistent in trap games. iowa is middle of the pack. a good solid team, but they just throttled and embarrassed the bucks. the boomer sooner loss was a better loss, and without the iowa debacle we'd be solid. I just don't see it happening without all the planets aligning just right. we have only ourselves to blame. still an amazing year of football. and we'll get a great bowl game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'd rather the Bucks not make the playoffs this year. If the committee stretches (again) to select them and they do a faceplant like last year, there will be a backlash in future years. And it could negatively affect recruiting. Better to win out, get a NY6 bowl, win that and head into next year with momentum.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I would have to agree, if they do make the playoffs it will be because of decisive wins over Michigan and Wisconsin. so I like their chances if they do. but I just don't see it happ'nin. not that they can't win the 2 games , but rather the committee choosin them after the disaster in the barn in iowa. if it had just been to Oklahoma, they'd be solid. the hawkeyes loss was gutwrenching.and everybody saw it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like they already lost some respect from the playoff committee keeping them behind Notre Dame after they barely squeaked by Navy. Still think they got a shot.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

cbolt wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:03 pm Looks like they already lost some respect from the playoff committee keeping them behind Notre Dame after they barely squeaked by Navy. Still think they got a shot.
I still think the path is very clear to the Buckeyes making it in.
1. Win out (wins over Michigan and undefeated top 5 Wisky) - BIG TEN CHAMPIONS
2. Alabama win out (beat Auburn to eliminate them with 3 losses and Georgia to eliminate them with 2 losses and no conf. championship)
3. Miami MUST beat Clemson to eliminate them with two losses. (I don't have confidence in Miami beating them but I don't think Clemson is that great either.) If Clemson beats Miami the committee could slip Miami in there at #4 with only 1 loss.
4. Oklahoma win out (A two loss non conference champion Sooner team may slide in ahead of the Buckeyes since they beat the Buckeyes)
5. Not totally necessary but a Notre Dame loss to Stanford would be nice - I still see the Buckeyes jumping Notre Dame if they win out.

I think the Iowa game embarrassed the Buckeyes so bad they are playing with passion and on a mission, taking no prisoners.

THIS SATURDAY WILL TELL US A LOT.

Return to “College Sports”