2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: 2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

Post by dazed&confused »

A win is a win. Don't sure how I feel about getting in playoffs. Not sure they match up well with anyone

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I have been the biggest proponent for the Buckeyes making the playoffs with a win tonight but I’m not sure now. Buckeyes should have spanked em but three turnovers gave away 18 points.
I think a win is a win and they should be in before Bama but we shall see.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Great season for Ohio State and JT Barrett, topped off by a conference championship. Yet I think the best reward would be a NY6 bowl game. The Buckeyes and the conference do not need another embarrassing loss on the CFP big stage.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Not getting in, but always happy with a B1G Championship. They'll stick by Bama, IMO.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think at this point both OSU with JT at QB and Bama would really struggle with Clemson.

I'd personally rather make the playoffs and have a shot to pull it off. You never know what could happen!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I know we played the number 1 defensive team in the big ten. but we left way too many points on the board. 3 turnovers against Wisconsin and still held on. I'm sick of these dang sideways passes inside our 5 yard line. 4th and 1 and in a shotgun, with an empty backfield, it's driving me batty man. it's a good thing I'm headin to church this morning, because I needs cleansed from yesterday and likely my mouth warshed out with soap. I may have to scrub the walls of the mancave here at the bat cave. my john wayne picture was even giving me the stink eye.i think I had 3 birthdays, drank a gallon of luzianne sweet tea, ate a pound of peanuts, chewed my fingernails to the knuckles, peed 8 times, had 3 bowel movements, and had a minimum of 6/7 nervous breakdowns in them 4 hours,and I may have awoken some neighbors between 8pm and midnight.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

smurray wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 am I have been the biggest proponent for the Buckeyes making the playoffs with a win tonight but I’m not sure now. Buckeyes should have spanked em but three turnovers gave away 18 points.
I think a win is a win and they should be in before Bama but we shall see.
I feel the same way hoss after that 2nd half, do we really want any of Clemson again at 4. or would I rather see ohio state vs. usc on the sunny left coast. without our defense we would have never gotten through the 2nd half. and we played it like a team scared to lose, instead of attackin wisky. and jt missed so many players wide open that could have been td's, and 3 turnovers. them dadblame sideways passes are killing my soul, especially in our own endzone basically.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4th and 1 and you're in an empty backfield in the shotgun.it should have been a qb sneak with 2 backs pushing you under center.that Is legal now, as long as you're not pulling the runner. I bet woody is turning over in his casket.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 am Great season for Ohio State and JT Barrett, topped off by a conference championship. Yet I think the best reward would be a NY6 bowl game. The Buckeyes and the conference do not need another embarrassing loss on the CFP big stage.
as much as it pains me to say it. I kinda feel the same way omega

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 am Great season for Ohio State and JT Barrett, topped off by a conference championship. Yet I think the best reward would be a NY6 bowl game. The Buckeyes and the conference do not need another embarrassing loss on the CFP big stage.
Agree - I would rather play and maybe Beat USC or ND in the cotton bowl than get destroyed by Clemson again.
Last edited by ArmChairQB on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:53 am I think at this point both OSU with JT at QB and Bama would really struggle with Clemson.

I'd personally rather make the playoffs and have a shot to pull it off. You never know what could happen!
Agree - if Haskins played QB last night - OSU scores 50!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Saw on morning news where B1G Championship shirts started printing right after game. I have an idea for a Buckeye shirt

2017 Buckeyes
Hey, at least we're not Michigan :shock:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

hardest schedule

Bammer was rated #49.....no conference championship
Ohio State #36.....conference champ
Southern Cal #11.....conference champ

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

jt was mvp for both teams

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

true dat shooky.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

blackshooky wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 pm jt was mvp for both teams
Lol.

JT sucks and OSU's inconsistency on offense the past 2 years are a direct reflection of both his inability to throw the ball and running him more than our RB's.

I feel as if this team was held back all year due to Urban condoning the crappy QB play of Barrett.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Side note to the playoff talk: J.K. Dobbins needs to get faster, and I think he will. Weber has taken a big step up in speed this year, don't see a reason why Dobbins can't.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Agree his top end needs to improve if that's possible, too many times being caught from behind. He has great takeoff just needs to turn on the afterburner when in the open field. He is only a freshman so maybe he will get faster but we will see.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:25 am
blackshooky wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 pm jt was mvp for both teams
Lol.

JT sucks and OSU's inconsistency on offense the past 2 years are a direct reflection of both his inability to throw the ball and running him more than our RB's.

I feel as if this team was held back all year due to Urban condoning the crappy QB play of Barrett.
I agree, and as much as it pains me to say , because I dig urban. he has put jt in front of and more important than the team for records sake. and it chaffs my ---.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

se-alum wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 am Side note to the playoff talk: J.K. Dobbins needs to get faster, and I think he will. Weber has taken a big step up in speed this year, don't see a reason why Dobbins can't.
I too was surprised at his top end speed he should have never gotten caught a couple of times. but he's a keeper.

Return to “College Sports”