2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope he does improve speed wise. but tickled to pieces to have him.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Looking at next year, OSU has an early test at TCU. Also, September game in Happy Valley. Win those and we're on our way if we don't stub our toe in East Lansing.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 pm Looking at next year, OSU has an early test at TCU. Also, September game in Happy Valley. Win those and we're on our way if we don't stub our toe in East Lansing.
Neutral site against TCU, albeit in Dallas, but I imagine Jerry World will be at least 50% Buckeye fans, probably significantly more.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I still say if we had beat bucky by a bigger margin we'd have been chosen. but the 2nd half we looked like a snappin turtle afraid to come out of his shell to see what was goin on.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

our defense played an awesome game. our offense played an awesome 1st half , then did basically nothing.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:33 am our defense played an awesome game. our offense played an awesome 1st half , then did basically nothing.
Offense went into conservative clock kill mode. Defense played great but JTs' picks and Weber's fumble put them in tough spots all night.

The game should have been a 30 something to 10 game. If JT hits a wide open Johnny Dixon right before half, we get the ball to start the second half, we boat race Wisconsin off the field.

I really dislike this Urban Meyer offense and I hope next year is Haskins picking defenses apart with his arm and Dobbins rushing for over 2000 yards. IMO Dobbins is light years above Weber, doesnt turn it over and should get 85% of the carries next year.

I understand the love for Burrows, but Haskins is the real deal as a pocket passer. Not even close who should be running this offense in my mind. The guy came into the game against ttun down 6, in a hostile stadium and took over.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:33 am our defense played an awesome game. our offense played an awesome 1st half , then did basically nothing.
Offense went into conservative clock kill mode. Defense played great but JTs' picks and Weber's fumble put them in tough spots all night.

The game should have been a 30 something to 10 game. If JT hits a wide open Johnny Dixon right before half, we get the ball to start the second half, we boat race Wisconsin off the field.

I really dislike this Urban Meyer offense and I hope next year is Haskins picking defenses apart with his arm and Dobbins rushing for over 2000 yards. IMO Dobbins is light years above Weber, doesnt turn it over and should get 85% of the carries next year.

I understand the love for Burrows, but Haskins is the real deal as a pocket passer. Not even close who should be running this offense in my mind. The guy came into the game against ttun down 6, in a hostile stadium and took over.
I think we're all excited about Haskins, but lets not forget, it's a whole different ballgame when teams are game planning for you. I'm sure Michigan spent little to no time talking about how to defend Haskins if he came into the game. Either way, I think Burrow and Haskins both open up this offense, making way for big years from the RBs.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was thinking the same thing. QBS a lot of times look good coming off the bench when someone is struggling or hurt ,then when they are named starter and play a few games they look like a completely different player. Haskins has great potential and does look like a better pure passer, but I am not going to get my hopes up until I see him starting a full season against some good teams when they know he is coming.TTUN blitz packages and coverage would have been much different if they prepared for Haskins all week. Everybody just assumes Meyer is favoring Barrett over Haskins no matter what, but he might see things we don't that give him pause about making him a full time starter. Next year will be very interesting. I also love Dobbins he has quick take off and is very good at cutting, but his top end speed is not as good as Bennett being caught from behind too many times. I think they both bring a lot to the offense.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at the very least urban should have alternated them. I know they say if you have to qb's you don't have any. but urban did it with leak n tebow.

Return to “College Sports”