2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2017 BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP OHIO STATE VS. WISCONSIN.

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 am I didn't know that omega! Well that just closed the door even more
It does not necessarily hurt the Bucks, just lowers the denominator in determining their rankings average. Kind of like say Jackson playing only nine games in high school. There are two obstacles in Ohio's way to the playoffs. Wisconsin and Iowa.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:10 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:35 am
cbolt wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm The Bucks still have a slim chance at the final 4, ONLY if they kill Wisky. 3 touchdowns or more will be what it takes, a close game won't get it done. If they make a statement like they did back in 2014 it will be hard for the committee to ignore. I think the Bucks will win ,but don't know by how much. If they keep Bammer out ( which is unlikely) I can see a Titanic battle looming on a New Years 6 game matching Bammer and TOSU. That would be epic and a ratings bonanza!
I was thinking the very same thing bolt. I mean to the tee. the good thing is , is that wisky is the last remaining unbeaten power 5 team. and they are a big ten team no less. though in the weaker division. the destroyed iowa. which may make a victory over bucky badger have a lil more icing on that cake. I personally don't think even with a victory over wisky that we get in. the bama loss hurt us. but I saw it coming. I would love nothing more than to see them in the playoffs either. I just don't know how voters can get the picture out of their minds of the 31-0 shelling to Clemson last year. the sooner loss was a good loss as that goes. but the hawkeye debacle just may be too much to forget for the committee, we'll just have to wait n see. if we don't make it I'd love a shot at bamy, if they don't get in.
Also bait something else to think about that nobody has mentioned yet, the committee has less BIG TEN lobbying power now since Alverez and Osborne are gone. Pretty sure it's just Gene Smith flying the flag now.
true dat. I knew alvarez was gone. but didn't know tom Osborne was. it always seems weird to me talking about tom Osborne. or seeing it on the husker field. he's a great guy. I have an autographed picture n ball from him. actually years ago I had his home number. still have it, if it has not been changed and I've chatted with him and his wife on the phone.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if our secondary ain't on top of things early. wisky will pick us apart after seeing the Michigan 1st half. that would be how I'd attack the buckeyes early and often. this will be a very stiff task for our buck defense. both teams better have numerous hot tubs n ice tubs ready , cause this one will be a physical ole time big ten smashmouth slobberknockin, chinstrap bustin football game. 3 yards an turf pellets. I don't wanna see them dozers having their way with our dline. a decisive win could sway the voters, as the badgers are undefeated. and we'll need some help from above, literally and from teams above us in the rankings.it's gonna be exciting . ole bait may have to take an early nap. these games are hard on ole fellers who are generally in bed shortly after thisun starts.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

My final pre game thoughts are ones of uncertainty. Wisconsin is the more disciplined and physical team and have the most to gain by winning. Ohio State is the more athletic team yet they have played only one truly complete game (MSU) all season. Throw in the injury intrigue of JT Barrett, I can see the Badgers dominating 27-10. However, if Meyer keeps Barrett on the bench, I can see Haskins becoming the second coming of Cardale Jones. The question becomes will Urban let his loyalty and faith in JT over ride good judgment?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Okie killing TCU which probably helps, going head to head for that final spot against another 2 loss team that already beat you down at your place would not have ended well for the Bucks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:08 pm My final pre game thoughts are ones of uncertainty. Wisconsin is the more disciplined and physical team and have the most to gain by winning. Ohio State is the more athletic team yet they have played only one truly complete game (MSU) all season. Throw in the injury intrigue of JT Barrett, I can see the Badgers dominating 27-10. However, if Meyer keeps Barrett on the bench, I can see Haskins becoming the second coming of Cardale Jones. The question becomes will Urban let his loyalty and faith in JT over ride good judgment?
It comes down to JT being medically cleared to play. We don’t know if he has been. If he has been and he’s practiced I expect him to play. Urban knows what Haskins did against Michigan and he’s knows what kind of shape JT is in. I don’t think it has anything to do with loyalty to a player. I don’t see how JT is ready to go and Haskins gets the start but we’ll see.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He is medically cleared, but don't know how much practice he got. I still think UFM is playing a little possum, but we will see. Just read where he threw Wednesday and practiced Thursday. I suspect Barrett will start but won't play much if he looks sluggish and the team is struggling, then zap them with a different style of play and see if the defense can adjust.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Dogs putting in on War Eagle! That makes Bammer look a little weaker.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Exactly what I said we needed. Georgia putting a whoopin on em.
We win and we’re in with Auburn getting whooped.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

At Lucas Oil Stadium.....seems like 70% OSU fans. The takeover for the home game atmosphere is here. Gotta get this W.

Georgia and Oklahoma winning held the door wide open for tOSU to take the 4th spot.

Go Bucks

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Both teams settling in. Wisky looked good for a bit there, then Hornibrook threw that interception. Bucks took two dives into the line and got nowhere. Wisky not biting on Barrett running..

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

...and just like that....

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He throws a great pass and now this!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Get smart and use your running backs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Should not have thrown it down there in 2nd and 7 and def not to the sideline.

Buckeyes responded!!!!!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wisconsin tackling is horrible! Bucks offense will eat this up all night! Are these guys really the number 1 defense?

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

That Campbell has gots some wheels !!!!!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wisconsin defense getting no pressure what so ever on the QB, Bucks line totally dominating. Wisconsin weak schedule is really showing ,this will get even worse in the second half, with Clemson winning and War Eagle getting dominated the Bucks will punch their ticket!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I will eat crow on Barrett being able to go. He must be one tough SOB.
21-10 lead at half despite same old issues popping up. Wisky still in the game though.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jt has missed several wide open receivers. OSU cannot go into conservative offense mode.

Return to “College Sports”