OHIO STATE VS. ??????????????????????????

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: OHIO STATE VS. ??????????????????????????

Post by dazed&confused »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:56 pm The last win was 42-21 in the 74 Rose Bowl (1973 season). Pay back is way over due.
Yea that was the one I was thinking of. USC waxed them the year before and it was a payback for that. The 73 game (72 season) was the Sam Bam Cunningham game. Good Lord, I am old!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Just had an unsettling thought. Do any of Ohio State's potential NFL draft picks sit out the game to avoid injury that could cost them big dollars? Price, Hubbard, Ward, Holmes, Baker, Campbell, Weber, Booker, Worley, Jones?

It would violate every concept of "team", yet it would be foolish to risk money in essentially an exhibition game.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Good point omega! Has been trending in recent years with that crap, let's hope Meyer drops down the hammer on the me me me mentality ! Bad thing is he probably preaches during recruiting how he will give them their best chance at the NFL so it would be a catch 22.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

What if Sam Darnold sits it out?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I do not think a sit out would occur with either team. Yet you know agents are smoozing these young men and their families with visions of big pay days. One blown out knee could end their dream.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm okay with OSU not getting, I'm a diehard fan, and that Iowa loss was hard to overlook. Yes, I know Bama didn't really beat anybody this season, but that Iowa loss was hard to get past. I'm definitely okay with a NY6 bowl against another elite team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I too said that they would not be able to overlook that iowa loss. it was just butt ugly. and urban just looked lost on the sidelines, surprisingly I'm the only one I see talking about that aspect. but it indeed left a lasting memory amongst voters. that an the face it was a 31 point loss. I honestly think had we beat Wisconsin by a bigger margin we'd have been in. but we played the 2nd half so timidly and playing not to lose, that it made the game look uglier than it needed to be in a win, even though wisky was ranked 4 and 12-0. that should have been enough, but it wasn't.
but honestly I wanted no part of another trucking by Clemson.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:38 am I too said that they would not be able to overlook that iowa loss. it was just butt ugly. and urban just looked lost on the sidelines, surprisingly I'm the only one I see talking about that aspect. but it indeed left a lasting memory amongst voters. that an the face it was a 31 point loss. I honestly think had we beat Wisconsin by a bigger margin we'd have been in. but we played the 2nd half so timidly and playing not to lose, that it made the game look uglier than it needed to be in a win, even though wisky was ranked 4 and 12-0. that should have been enough, but it wasn't.
The Buckeye's chances for the CFP ended on November 4th in a Iowa cornfield.
There was nothing they could have done in the CCG to change their CFP chances.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:47 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:38 am I too said that they would not be able to overlook that iowa loss. it was just butt ugly. and urban just looked lost on the sidelines, surprisingly I'm the only one I see talking about that aspect. but it indeed left a lasting memory amongst voters. that an the face it was a 31 point loss. I honestly think had we beat Wisconsin by a bigger margin we'd have been in. but we played the 2nd half so timidly and playing not to lose, that it made the game look uglier than it needed to be in a win, even though wisky was ranked 4 and 12-0. that should have been enough, but it wasn't.
The Buckeye's chances for the CFP ended on November 4th in a Iowa cornfield.
There was nothing they could have done in the CCG to change their CFP chances.
Maybe so and that’s all we’ll good, but they come out last week and say there is no separation between 5-8.
Having said that, one would think OSU separated themselves a bit from Alabama with their conference championship over undefeated top 4 Wisconsin. Apparently Wisconsin had separated themselves or they would have said their wasn’t any separation between 4-8.
Just tell everyone last week Alabama is in if Wisconsin loses - THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY KNEW.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree you're preachin to the choir here. no matter how ugly it was we won our conference, and beat a 12-0, number 4 ranked Wisconsin. and had several wins over top 25 teams. and played no FCS schools. next year bama inked the mighty citadel bulldogs the week before auburn. so saban speaks with a fork-ed tongue.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”