Cotton Bowl (12/29): #8 USC 7 vs. #5 Ohio State 24

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Cotton Bowl (12/29): #8 USC vs. #5 Ohio State

Post by Omega »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:01 pm I agree chief just aint there. On a side note did any one notice during that time out haskins and martell both came out to huddle but no sign of JOEY.B?
Burrow's football future is not at Ohio State. I am not happy about it, but it is what it is.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Omega wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:01 pm I agree chief just aint there. On a side note did any one notice during that time out haskins and martell both came out to huddle but no sign of JOEY.B?
Burrow's football future is not at Ohio State. I am not happy about it, but it is what it is.
Thats what i was saying in the nicest of ways lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Do we just not have a running game anymore?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Playing not to lose second half.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Both defensive lines dominating. If not for the USC turnovers, the Bucks would be in trouble.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Still 24-7 to start the 4th quarter. Third quarter was a defensive stalemate. Momentum seems to belong to SC.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Im happy they're winning but also glad they aren't in the playoffs

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Clemson would have rolled Ohio State again. The Bucks lucked out by missing the playoffs.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

This game reminded me of Tressel ball

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Final: 24-7 Buckeyes thanks to four turnovers and eight sacks of SC's qb. Simply put USC lost the game despite out gaining OSU 413-277 and 23 first downs to 13. Ohio State offense was bad again.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Dang those stats are stunning! If you didn't know the score you would think SC killed them ! :o :shock:
Did anyone notice this game went kind of like the Wisconsin game ? A dominating first half where everyone thinks it will be a big ole blowout then just wallering around in mediocrity the whole second half. Thank God for that defensive line and the coaches for calling an aggressive attack instead of that dreaded prevent defense.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Its a good thing the defense showed up.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

There are some seasons when you don't want to see it end. This one wasn't one of them. As for Barrett, a good soldier and there is talent there but you just had the feeling he (and the Buckeyes) always left something on the table.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

dazed&confused wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 am There are some seasons when you don't want to see it end. This one wasn't one of them. As for Barrett, a good soldier and there is talent there but you just had the feeling he (and the Buckeyes) always left something on the table.
12-2
Big Ten Champions
Cotton Bowl Champions (dominating win over top 10 USC)
4 wins over top 10 teams

And as Ohio State fans we want and expect more!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

smurray wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 am
dazed&confused wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 am There are some seasons when you don't want to see it end. This one wasn't one of them. As for Barrett, a good soldier and there is talent there but you just had the feeling he (and the Buckeyes) always left something on the table.
12-2
Big Ten Champions
4 wins over top 10 teams

And the reason we don’t get more than that is probably due to the fact we lose a motherload of underclassmen to the NFL every year - we will lose a bunch again this year. Keep these guys 4 years and we win even more.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Shame on Denzel Ward for making a "business decision".
Let his team down.
Hope he doesn't receive his big "payday".
I wish the NCAA/NFL would stop the drafting of underclassmen.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 am
12-2
Big Ten Champions
4 wins over top 10 teams

And the reason we don’t get more than that is probably due to the fact we lose a motherload of underclassmen to the NFL every year - we will lose a bunch again this year. Keep these guys 4 years and we win even more.
I agree with you but the rub is UFM uses the OSU will prepare you for the NFL pitch when he recruits. Meyer kind of sets the stage for two years and done himself.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:54 am
smurray wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 am

12-2
Big Ten Champions
4 wins over top 10 teams

I agree with you but the rub is UFM uses the OSU will prepare you for the NFL pitch when he recruits. Meyer kind of sets the stage for two years and done himself.
Not disagreeing with on that but you have to recruit the BEST and by recruiting the best thy ain’t staying.
Gone early - Denzel Ward
Gone early - Sam Hubbard
Probably gone early - Jerome Baker
Probably gone early - Parris Campbell
And possibly more

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:42 pm Im happy they're winning but also glad they aren't in the playoffs
Yeah, the general consensus from Buckeye fans is that this team didn't play well. Yet, when the playoff rankings came out, plenty of people thought OSU should be in. I don't see the appeal of getting blown out in your bowl game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:32 pm I agree with 123xxx, this a new flashy trend I don't like, they been making millions for years and it never stopped them until now. The game means nothing to the players anymore, got to be all about them.
amen brother. it's a good thing I'm not his coach. this is selfish, unfair, classless and needs stopped. sorry, if you tell me you ain't playing you don't travel with the team, you are no longer on the team.if you want to come to the game by your own ticket and arrange your own transportation. and good luck with any recruiting advice because you are no longer a part of the team and scouts better be up to date on your stats cause you ain't getting anymore.and as far as we're concerned when you sign with the pros and it lists your school, just kindly use your high school teams name please. you have elevated yourself selfishly above the team. and my players would be disciplined if I even caught them talking to you around the facility or at the game. yeah, it's that cut n dry with me about this.

enough of that crap. I thought ohio state played a very excellent game defensively. still some struggles on offense. but the 24 point lead help up, because the defense flat shot down the Trojan offense. no doubt darnold is an elite qb, but he needs another year, especially with ball security. that's my opinion. herbstreit has expressed that all year. jesse palmer thinks he ready, but I'm not convinced he is. I say stay another year, and get the experience and grown, and enjoy college. buckeyes special teams were awesome and they were on point. never scored any more points after the half, but didn't allow any. you are playing usc, the pac 12 champs and they're 11-2 coming into the game. excellent game. that team last night could have played with anybody in the country in my opinion. and the big ten is 5-0 in bowl games after only 5 games, that's smoking.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”