Cotton Bowl (12/29): #8 USC 7 vs. #5 Ohio State 24

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Cotton Bowl (12/29): #8 USC 7 vs. #5 Ohio State 24

Post by Chieftain2009 »

What are your thoughts on this one?
Last edited by Chieftain2009 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Cotton Bowl (12/29): #8 USC vs. #5 Ohio State

Post by Omega »

Once again USC's strengths plays into State's weakness. A dynamic passing attack versus a somewhat undisciplined back seven. OSU can win but will have to elevate their play calling and discipline.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Too bad the playoff semi game is in Pasadena. This game screams to be played in the Rose Bowl. Woody, McKay, OJ, Rex Kern. Man, for the good old days.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The year OSU won the Rose bowl with holding O.J. down they also held Keyes from Purdue and Johnson from Michigan that year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think we could blow them out but JT will throw enough picks to keep it close lol

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I know it won't happen, but Barrett should get the token start for a quarter, then hand it over to Haskins. This game means nothing but a win or a loss. I'd like to see Haskins get significant time against a good team. It can only help for next year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:40 pm Too bad the playoff semi game is in Pasadena. This game screams to be played in the Rose Bowl. Woody, McKay, OJ, Rex Kern. Man, for the good old days.
I'm with you dazed, this just seems sacrilegious to be played in texas.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have no idea if that's spelled right. don't think I ever typed that word before.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

se-alum wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 pm I know it won't happen, but Barrett should get the token start for a quarter, then hand it over to Haskins. This game means nothing but a win or a loss. I'd like to see Haskins get significant time against a good team. It can only help for next year.
what alum said.
I like it, I like it =========== in the immortal words of bugs bunny.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:21 pm I have no idea if that's spelled right. don't think I ever typed that word before.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Close enough Bait. Man, to see Woody in a short sleeve white shirt on the sidelines again.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

USC tends to fall behind and comeback at the end. OSU needs to score early and often. Run Dobbins and Webber 20 carries between them by halftime. Wear out USC defense so when the fourth quarter comes they do not have much left to give for a big rally. Even if they leave JT in the game bring in Haskins some. Get creative instead of empty backfield and you know JT runs the ball. Need big plays from Special Teams return game and not give up big plays. The biggest thing KEEP THE PLAYERS OUT OF TROUBLE OFF THE FIELD BEFORE THE GAME.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Has there been anything said as to why Campbell isn't returning kicks?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

se-alum wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:27 pm Has there been anything said as to why Campbell isn't returning kicks?
I believe he was concussed this season plus he has issues holding on to the ball. No questioning his speed however.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

This could be a high scoring shootout! I think the Bucks will win but SC could rack up some points against our inconsistent defense.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

buckeyes will play with a chip on their shoulder........(they should anyway:)

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:21 pm I have no idea if that's spelled right. don't think I ever typed that word before.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Close enough Bait. Man, to see Woody in a short sleeve white shirt on the sidelines again.

wouldn't that be grand.and dazed do you think woodywould line up in shotgun on 4th and 1 with an empty backfield. and recievers spread to the out of bounds lines ???????????????????????

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 am buckeyes will play with a chip on their shoulder........(they should anyway:)

let's hope so country. urban needs to have a big chip on his shoulder as well.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:47 am
dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm

wouldn't that be grand.and dazed do you think woodywould line up in shotgun on 4th and 1 with an empty backfield. and recievers spread to the out of bounds lines ???????????????????????
Heck no. He'd be in power I on 3rd and 20. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and now pushing a back or qb is legal. I just don't get it. are we a power team or a finesse team. I'd like to think some of both. but in a big 10 championship game on 4th and 1, you better be a power team. all it takes is one dude blitzing or beating a block and that drive is over.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Woody would be rolling in his casket seeing all this. Only three things happen when you pass and two are bad !

Return to “College Sports”