OZONE Article on Joe Burrows

Omega
SEOPS H

OZONE Article on Joe Burrows

Post by Omega »

Situated side-by-side at their respective lockers Saturday night, it was impossible not to notice the contrast.

Despite neither quarterback actually playing in Ohio State’s 27-21 win over Wisconsin, reporters swarmed OSU backup quarterback Dwayne Haskins, while former No. 2 QB Joe Burrow sat and watched, completely engulfed by the scrum trying to get a word with the redshirt freshman who saved the day against Michigan one week earlier.

The disparate scene was a perfect reflection of the attention that both players have received this season. All eyes were turned toward Haskins, while backs were turned toward Burrow.

EXCERPT: more at Ozone

https://theozone.net/2017/12/joe-burrow ... d-on-2017/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: OZONE Article on Joe Burrows

Post by dazed&confused »

Question? If he graduated in May, can he transfer without sitting out?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I love Joe. He will be given a window dressing chance at winning the starting job, but it will be for show. UFM QB bromance falls to Martel and Haskins, not Burrow. The MAC and AAC would be good fits for Joe.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:54 pm Question? If he graduated in May, can he transfer without sitting out?
I think he could as a grad student if the transfer was to a school that has a grad program that Ohio State does not offer. At least that was the old rule.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Not sure Burrows doesn't get a legit chance next year. By most accounts, he was the backup QB until the injury. He has a big arm and is more athletic than Haskins. I think he fits Meyers offense better than Haskins does. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Tuck and run burrow

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i said he'd never see the field.

AT THE RESERVATION
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

not throwin the towel in on the SEO kid just yet..........if he takes all his critics and doubters and applies that to his off-season work ethic and a good showing come spring the kid is gonna be right there amongst the mix...........

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd love to see him transfer and start elsewhere. I don't think he gets that chance for the buckeyes. no shame in a transfer. he may well be a draftable qb to the nfl, if the kid is just given a shot to show his talents. I'd love to see him playfor an ohio team in the mac. or go down a division and start immediately. which he may be able to do at a D1 level school if he graduates. but I don't know for sure.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 am I'd love to see him transfer and start elsewhere. I don't think he gets that chance for the buckeyes. no shame in a transfer. he may well be a draftable qb to the nfl, if the kid is just given a shot to show his talents. I'd love to see him playfor an ohio team in the mac. or go down a division and start immediately. which he may be able to do at a D1 level school if he graduates. but I don't know for sure.
I can definitely see him being a Bobcat if he doesn't get a shot this coming season. If he graduates, he can go D1 and play immediately as a grad transfer. The only caveat is, he has to go to a school with a grad program that OSU doesn't offer.
Last edited by se-alum on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

No one knows but Urban and Joe. Some reports before this season had Joe playing much better than JT. Then he gets hurt and the media and others fall in love with Haskins. OSU was Burrows dream and he did bounce around some growing up following his dad's job. If he has the skills he could be like Matt Casell from USC was drafted and earned a lot of money in the NFL. Even Super Bowl winning QB for Tampa Bay Brad Johnson didn't get to play much after waiting his turn then getting hurt at Florida State. Then the other side returning QB at Marshall redshirted a year after he started at QB because a transfer came in only to comeback and finish his career at Marshall. Then to retire from the NFL. Chad Pennington seemed to do pretty good.

Good Luck Joe in whatever decision you make for your future.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Did Haskins play so Burrows would be 100% for 2018?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I understand wanting to be a buckeye. very proud of him for doing so. but this kid can ball n ain't getting a shot at it.
it can be done with grace n class and go elsewhere.i want whatever he wants that makes him happy though.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm Did Haskins play so Burrows would be 100% for 2018?
Burrow will not see the playing field. The QB competition will be between Haskins and Martel. That and Urban needs Joe's scholarship for the incoming recruits. I am sure Meyer and Burrow will handle the transfer with class. I feel bad for Joe, but sometimes you just have to play the cards that are dealt.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Haskins and Martel are the future. Burrow is not.

AT THE RESERVATION
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know guys I was really excited for burrows to come to usu. I really wanted to watch him excel as a buckeye. but the offense that is being ran is more for a mobile qb, nuff said !!!!!!!!! bout that. that don't mean I fully agree with it. we have 2 of the top running backs in the big ten, if not the country.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd love to see him on an ohio mac team or cincy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

he'd flat tear it up at say a mount union as well.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:49 am I know guys I was really excited for burrows to come to usu. I really wanted to watch him excel as a buckeye. but the offense that is being ran is more for a mobile qb, nuff said !!!!!!!!! bout that. that don't mean I fully agree with it. we have 2 of the top running backs in the big ten, if not the country.
Burrow is more mobile than Haskins, so that logic would make Martell the starting QB. If you can throw the ball, you don't need a great running QB to be successful. Both Chris Leak,Tebow, and Cardale were average runners, and Meyer won an NC with them. It's more about decision making than running ability.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great points. I just wanna see him get a fair shake at starting wherever it may be. with ohio state being a dream placement for most ohio kids. it would be so hard to consider transferring, I can't imagine that struggle mentally. ultimately it is about the education. but ohio state football is a billion dollar brand as well.

Return to “College Sports”