Dabo Beats Urban For Ohio's Top College Prospect

Omega
SEOPS H

Dabo Beats Urban For Ohio's Top College Prospect

Post by Omega »

Ohio's 5 star OL Jackson Carman has chosen to play his college football at Clemson over Ohio State. Urban Meyer seems to have struck out on his top ranked recruiting targets but still has corralled a great recruiting class during the early signing period. I doubt Ohio State will retain the number one recruiting class ranking but still should wind up in the top five. Anyway recruiting rankings does not win football games. It is how that talent is developed or not.:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... bo-swinney

http://www.espn.com/colleges/osu/footba ... ommitments

Of special note, Ohio State has only signed two players from Ohio.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
se-alum
All Conference

Re: Dabo Beats Urban For Ohio's Top College Prospect

Post by se-alum »

Losing out on Carman, Cox, Jones, and Woodbey definitely hurts, but still a great class. Most likely getting Tyreke Smith, so that should dull the pain of missing out on Cox. From what i've read, this Baldwin(QB) is the real deal. He was only a 1 year starter, hence the 3 star rating, in a powerhouse program, as he was behind the Baylor freshman starting QB. He seems like a good replacement for Jones. We have a strong safety class without Woodbey. As for Carman, I think him going to Clemson hurts the most, but do you really want a kid that shy's away from the pressure of a situation? Time will tell if he was as big a loss as we think he was.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It's more important that what you do with who you recruit. Urban is a great recruiter. His classes are great and I love the results we have had under him but they do under achieve

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

To many recruits play but are more interested in the NFL. Where in some cases potential gets rewarded not working hard to improve. Where many of those 5 star recruits have never been pushed to play 4 quarters every game against talented players. Where they can take plays off and still play at a high level. Where like at Wisconsin they get more improvement with mainly 3 star and lower recruits.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

According to Scout Georgia has already topped them for the top ranked recruiting class. Georgia landed an incredible 6 5 star recruits!

Return to “College Sports”