2018 OHIO STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE. YOUR THOUGHTS.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 2018 OHIO STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE. YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:39 am People can complain about the scheduling all they want. At the end of the day, you have to beat each team in front of you. I see nothing wrong with playing TCU as they are consistent top 15 team.

Its the day and age of one loss could possibly keep you out of the playoffs and the committee has shown through SEC favoritism that scheduling doesnt matter as much as we all thought it did. Especially the non conference schedule.

tOSU has no FCS schools on the schedule, unlike SEC and ACC schools. The way I see it is, with TCU on the schedule its balanced out right and they still have to play the games. There can be no finger pointing from the SEC and ACC as they have cupcake FCS schools on their schedule every year.

Even for teams like Oregon St and Tulane, this is their chance to shock the world and as always, tOSU will get everyone's best shot.

Go Bucks.
WELL SAID!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:39 am People can complain about the scheduling all they want. At the end of the day, you have to beat each team in front of you. I see nothing wrong with playing TCU as they are consistent top 15 team.

Its the day and age of one loss could possibly keep you out of the playoffs and the committee has shown through SEC favoritism that scheduling doesnt matter as much as we all thought it did. Especially the non conference schedule.

tOSU has no FCS schools on the schedule, unlike SEC and ACC schools. The way I see it is, with TCU on the schedule its balanced out right and they still have to play the games. There can be no finger pointing from the SEC and ACC as they have cupcake FCS schools on their schedule every year.

Even for teams like Oregon St and Tulane, this is their chance to shock the world and as always, tOSU will get everyone's best shot.

Go Bucks.
ABSOLUTELY. IT'S EVERY TEAM'S SUPER BOWL PLAYING THE BUCKEYES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

After catching up on OSU football during and after spring practice, I find myself with more questions than answers about the Bucks. The offensive line and QB lack complete clarity as to starters. Same for the defensive backfield. I just see a possibility that TCU, PSU, and Sparty winning before the Bucks can become a cohesive unit. Ohio State has National Championship caliber athletes. Can they be coached up to play as a National Championship team.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:48 am After catching up on OSU football during and after spring practice, I find myself with more questions than answers about the Bucks. The offensive line and QB lack complete clarity as to starters. Same for the defensive backfield. I just see a possibility that TCU, PSU, and Sparty winning before the Bucks can become a cohesive unit. Ohio State has National Championship caliber athletes. Can they be coached up to play as a National Championship team.
That is the question.......the coaching.

Honestly, Urban has a history of these "QB controversies/competitions" derail previous teams. Just as in 2015 when OSU had the ammo to go back to back, yet a terribly called and offensive nightmare game against MSU at home in the rain blew the top off it. No passing game and only ran Zeke 8 times. It was JTB left, JTB right, JTB up the middle and punt. I will rank this 2018 team as higher than 2015 only because the RB depth and WR depth. I feel as if they played MSU 10 times in 2015 OSU would win the next 9 by 14 pts or more. It was just a complete blotch job by Urban and his staff.

Meyer did the same thing in Florida with the Tebow/Leak QB controversy and it nearly backfired on him.

Now we are seeing the same crap from Urban with the QB play as if he is trying to milk both Haskins and Burrow to stay as long as possible and avoid one of them transferring.

Just name a QB already, let the team rally around the starter and move on with it. This waiting around bullcrap splits the locker room and is not good for business. And to be fair to Burrow if he isnt going to be the starter, give him time to start exploring his options now.

The talent is there this year and I will say offensively its the most talented team that I can remember in modern OSU football. Probably not even close to any other former teams. No where to point the finger to if the offense struggles throwing the ball this year but to Meyer.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great post red.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Buckeyes starting to roll in the verbal commit. Two 4 star QB commits in 7 days - one 2019 and one 2020. Look to be very good commits.
Buckeyes will end the current recruiting class with a bang and another top 5. They have some top ranked recruits yet to announce.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes I saw some stuff on the news last night, dom tiberi was telling about them, sounds great.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I sure hope this team comes out hungry

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:49 am I sure hope this team comes out hungry
That will be what makes the difference between a possible national championship and a 2 loss season. Talent wise the Buckeyes will be right at the top. If they bust their butts and truly want it like never before I don’t think there’s anyone who can stop them.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:23 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:49 am I sure hope this team comes out hungry
That will be what makes the difference between a possible national championship and a 2 loss season. Talent wise the Buckeyes will be right at the top. If they bust their butts and truly want it like never before I don’t think there’s anyone who can stop them.
Agreed, plus adjusting to the loss of Asst Coach Kerry Coombs while acclimating to new coaches Grinch and T. Johnson. Changing philosophy of play from one year to the next can be problematic even for the best talent. Think 2017 linebackers versus 2016.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

PSU is the biggest challenge. Bucks are back in the playoffs

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they may well be dazed.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I won't disagree on that either. PSU is on a mission of tough consistent football once again/finally, after the SickO Sandusky mess they had.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

it is nice to see the Nittany Lions turn their program around......for the BIG10 sakes I like to see the teams that make up the top 25 be filled with our conference opponents.....yes yes that makes a huge game for the buckeyes week in and week out but regardless if the opposing team is ranked or not the bucks still get their best shot so why not root for them all to be a ranked opponent and reap the benefits that brings...... plus it looks great for the BIG10 conference......tired of hearing the SEC is the powerhouse of football....ready for the BIG1O to keep that spotlight now we are back in that conversation once again

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Great schedule, better come out firing on all cylinders.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Was watching a replay of OSUs win at Texas in 2006. New defensive players stepped up and Troy Smith emerged. It set OSU on the path to a championship game against Urban Meyer's Florida Gators (eh, let's not concentrate on that). But if the Bucks handle TCU early, look out!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse

Return to “College Sports”