Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Where does Joey Burrow go?

Post by 1987chieftains »

Old Time Tiger wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am what's the problem.. Haskins has the superior arm and much more talented.. yet because a boy from Nebraska gets beat out, ya want the Buckeyes to lose??
I want o$u to lose no mater what.

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am
Old Time Tiger wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am what's the problem.. Haskins has the superior arm and much more talented.. yet because a boy from Nebraska gets beat out, ya want the Buckeyes to lose??
I want o$u to lose no mater what.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Old Time Tiger wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am Haskins has the superior arm and much more talented..
Opinions Vary!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

To say Haskins is superior is a stretch, b/c I've watched Burrows come in many times in 2016 and work like a surgeon carving up defensive secondaries. Also FYI Burrows is from Athens, Ohio. If you watched the Spring game this year, I thought Burrows was the better Qb, especially when he had to check down and read his 3 and 4th receivers. Burrows threw TDs on busted plays where Haskins didn't.

I'll be cheering for Burrows no matter where he ends up, with the exception of tsun or Penn(itentiary) State.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

vladimir wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 pm
To say Haskins is superior is a stretch,
Very much agree.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I never understood why burrow went to ohio state i guess wgen URban calls. That is a call you cant refuse. But he was never a Irban Meyer kind of QB.

I dont know if he is a great division one QB hopefully we will find out. But what i do know in his senior year of hgh school he was the most college ready QB i have ever seen. And probably read defenses better then barrett ever did.

softballin
Waterboy

Post by softballin »

I just read that he chose LSU.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

That sad part of this whole thing is he transfers to LSU where he will not beat out the kid already there. Burrow may be better but he’s way behind in the race, way further than he was in the race with Haskins. What he needed to do was separate himself from Haskins and he couldn’t do that.
He has transferred to LSU, still won’t start and will miss out on a National Championship OSU will win.
Regardless, he will playing in the NFL.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

smurray wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:08 pm That sad part of this whole thing is he transfers to LSU where he will not beat out the kid already there. Burrow may be better but he’s way behind in the race, way further than he was in the race with Haskins. What he needed to do was separate himself from Haskins and he couldn’t do that.
He has transferred to LSU, still won’t start and will miss out on a National Championship OSU will win.
Incorrect

He will start right away. Ed Oregeron did not feel confident in any of these QBs none of them played well in the spring. I know that Joe wouldn’t of picked LSU to sit on the bench. Joe had zero reasons to stay in Columbus and be a backup.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's official.

LSU!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:05 pm It's official.

LSU!
You're gonna need all new gear now :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm
smurray wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:08 pm That sad part of this whole thing is he transfers to LSU where he will not beat out the kid already there. Burrow may be better but he’s way behind in the race, way further than he was in the race with Haskins. What he needed to do was separate himself from Haskins and he couldn’t do that.
Incorrect

He will start right away. Ed Oregeron did not feel confident in any of these QBs none of them played well in the spring. I know that Joe wouldn’t of picked LSU to sit on the bench. Joe had zero reasons to stay in Columbus and be a backup.
Time will tell. I hope he does start and is successful. But for people to bash Meyer for him transferring is clueless. I think Joe is NFL material wherever he plays college or even if he doesn’t start in college.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Purple !

lol

Have gun, will travel
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:47 pm Purple !

lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I really am happy for burrows. and for lsu. hate that it came to this and love it at the same time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

He has never started a collegiant game but he will be playing in the NFL now?

Look I would like to see the local boy do well too....but some of these comments are a little over the top at this point. Let's see if he starts at LSU first

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Happy for Joe. Good luck ! Think he's very good and his best days are ahead of him !

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Why would he transfer somewhere if he didn’t know if he’d have a chance to start? Doesn’t make sense to me. If he wasn’t going to have that chance he would’ve just stayed at OSU. He probably knows more than us...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I spoke to lsu coach ed orgeron yesterday and he told me ------------------------ I'm just kiddin ya man. what can I say after weeks of rain. I think he has as good a shot as anyone to be under center from jump street.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:05 pm It's official.

LSU!
I just became an LSU fan, and 1 more reason to hate on 'Bama! Good Luck Joey, hope to see you in the National Championship game vs. the Buckeyes.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”