Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

apowers1
Freshman Team

Re: Where does Joey Burrow go?

Post by apowers1 »

I honestly see him going to Texas since Tom Herman is the head coach. Where ever he goes, he will be a great starting QB with a very bright future!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Any word on how his visit to Cincinnati went today?

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I didn’t think he’d get to play at OSU and said so, but he is talented enough to play D-I. In the right situation he’ll get pro attention.

Have gun, will travel
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

apowers1 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm I honestly see him going to Texas since Tom Herman is the head coach. Where ever he goes, he will be a great starting QB with a very bright future!
Texas has 'their guy' already. They love the freshman that played most of 2017 for the longhorns. Joe is not going there.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

I'd like to see the guy stay local-ish. I think UC or WVU would be a cool place to see him play. UC is still in Ohio and WVU has the type of offense I think he could succeed with. This is all just an outsiders opinion from the guy sitting behind a computer screen but I think Burrow has a lot of potential and can lead a team to a few succesfull seasons. Wish him luck.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Texas
Cincy
LSU
Florida
Ohio

E High
All State

Post by E High »

WVU had a QB. He and his family will make the right decision and he'll be a heck of a QB.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He would sit at WVU behind Will Grier so that don’t make sense. I honestly would love to see him at Kentucky.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Marshall needs a QB as Chase Litton up and left for the draft. Boston College offers ACC football plus good academics. I doubt Burrow goes to a name P5 school.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OSU22 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:17 am I'd like to see the guy stay local-ish. I think UC or WVU would be a cool place to see him play. UC is still in Ohio and WVU has the type of offense I think he could succeed with. This is all just an outsiders opinion from the guy sitting behind a computer screen but I think Burrow has a lot of potential and can lead a team to a few succesfull seasons. Wish him luck.
I feel the very same way. urban believed enough to sign him. and in my opinion , that's as good as it gets. so he can play anywhere in the country. urban's undying support of jt barrett really threw me for a loop. and I hope haskins isn't the next qb to stick with , even if things aren't working out as he wants. jt was the holder of 39 records big ten n ohio state wise, and still not drafted. so the guy can ball. but needs the right program for his skillset. you'll get killed running in the nfl like that 2 plays or more a drive. and he is the all time big ten scoring leader.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

I would like to see him at the University of Rio Grande. They haven’t lost a game since 1957!

apowers1
Freshman Team

Post by apowers1 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:33 am He would sit at WVU behind Will Grier so that don’t make sense. I honestly would love to see him at Kentucky.
Buckeye recruit transfer and former Hoban player Danny Clark is pretty much a lock for the QB slot at Kentucky.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

meatswinger wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:24 pm I would like to see him at the University of Rio Grande. They haven’t lost a game since 1957!
YOU HAIN'T RIGHT SWINGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Cowboy22 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:39 am A graduate transfer can only transfer if the school he's transferring from does not currently have a scholarship offer to him for the next year. I suppose if he decides on a school that Urban didn't give permission to they could always offer him a scholarship for next year and keep him there.
I'm no expert, but I see no way this is correct.

You are basically saying Urban told Joey "your schollie is no good for 2018"..... No way is that accurate.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

apowers1 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:11 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:33 am He would sit at WVU behind Will Grier so that don’t make sense. I honestly would love to see him at Kentucky.
Buckeye recruit transfer and former Hoban player Danny Clark is pretty much a lock for the QB slot at Kentucky.
Joey is better then him.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

So I was listening to the talking heads on 1460 The Fan and they were saying Joey was very restricted on who he could talk to. No Big Ten teams and no Florida, Meyer basically has restricted him not going to a school that can hurt Meyer. IE. Big Ten schools. But Florida? It's a smart move on Meyers part. He recruits Florida very heavily. So why allow an excellent 4 star grad transfer with 2 yrs of eligibility go to a big boy SEC school and win which in-turn helps Florida recruiting and hurt o$u. But through this I kept thinking and these guys couldn't figure it out either. Is how can Meyer/o$u restrict a grad transfer to where and who they can/can't talk to or transfer to? He's graduated? Anyone know an answer to this?? Now they did say Joey was at LSU over the weekend but didn't say how it went.

AT THE RESERVATION
Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

Does anybody know if he currently has a scholarship for 2018 / 2019. If so Urban won't lift it unless he goes to a school that Urban has signed off on

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

I hope goes some place where can play right now. I watched him play Fairland when he was in high school he could put the ball in the air. Go luck with search!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ok i have read the ncaa rules and i thnk i have a beter inderstanding of the rule but by no means am a expert.

As a graduate transfer borrow has the right to talk to any school and go and play football for them if he wants. Urban meyer or ohio state has no ability to stop him from that.

But what ohio state does control is if Borrow would have to be a walk on or receive a scholorship. Because he has a scholorship at ohio state all the buckeyes have to do is keep that active and he is not eligible to get one from the other school.

This is where the permission and getting the schools permission and all comes in. The only loop hole i have read in this scenario is if burrow found a school to go to play football that offered a degree program that ohio state did not offer then he could go to that schoolmenroll in that academic program then appeal to the NCAA to release him from his scholarship because he could not continue his chosen field at his previous institution.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Sounds like a real mess for Burrow and a real short time to get it figured out. I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Return to “Football”