Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Is Joe Burrow The Odd Man Out At Ohio State ?

Post by smurray »

Transfer

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Burrow really wanted to go to OSU. Burrow should have played against Clemson because he can throw the ball. JT has no future in the NFL as QB. You can say he is a leader with all the records but he is not a top QB. He will only take you so far.
Burrow I remember he was in the top of his class in school. If he is close to getting a degree in 3 years he needs to stay. Then see what happens. Then can transfer and not have to sit out a year.

OSU needs to decide if they want an running QB or a QB that can throw the ball. As they get a new OC.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Burrow does seem to have a contact with the new Cincy Coach.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Should have went to WV. Cincy won't be a bad move either.

AT THE RESERVATION
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

farmer wrote:Burrow really wanted to go to OSU. Burrow should have played against Clemson because he can throw the ball. JT has no future in the NFL as QB. You can say he is a leader with all the records but he is not a top QB. He will only take you so far.
Burrow I remember he was in the top of his class in school. If he is close to getting a degree in 3 years he needs to stay. Then see what happens. Then can transfer and not have to sit out a year.

OSU needs to decide if they want an running QB or a QB that can throw the ball. As they get a new OC.

give farmer a cee----- gar, he's spot on. I wish jt would go pro. though I don't see him getting drafted as a qb. we need an ole fashioned pocket passer, that is a threat to run. but not the running game. and burrows fits that mold. sometimes you can put too many quality taters in the soup. and we are getting there. urban needs to call the offense, period. nuff said.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and Clemson was a beast, and a much better overall team. man we have 43 frosh.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the good news is we have 43 frosh. and urban is the coach.
we see anything less that a title as a failure. but we were 11-2. and did I mention we have 43 frosh. and a wonderful class full of recruits filing in. we'll be aight.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Barrett was not the problem. Since Warinner went to Co-O Coord the O line has suffered. The O line was terrible this year. Burrows wouldn't have faired any better with that line. When Barrett is sacked 8 times in a game you know you have a problem.
I like Burrows and think he will be a great college QB but I don't think he would have done any better than JT and I don't think he will get his opportunity at OSU. Strange things can happen like it did in 2014 but I think the Buckeyes are very strong at QB.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Barret sucks. Ohio state is loaded with recruits at every position but QB. Burrow was called by Tom Herman "Alex Smith." Put Burrow at QB and Ohio State will be fun to watch. Right now OSU's offense is very basic. I have no clue why Tate Martell is coming to OSU. Pretty obvious he's too small

I would guess Haskins and Burrow will be the QB battle, Barret will move to another position

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The O line didn't get much help with the play calling. Easy to sack when no extra blockers and you know where the QB will be. Not throwing the ball downfield brought more defensive players up. The QB needs to throw downfield. Which JT didn't do. He did complete some passes but quite a few passes all year where not even close.
Burrow can throw the ball downfield. Have to throw downfield and run but not more than the RB's. So not to get banged up that effects throwing the ball.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Barrett was much better two years ago and guess what, they had a line and a great OC with 100% better play calling. The blame doesn't fall on Barrett - he had record numbers then. Its not difficult to see where the issues are and they are being corrected.
Would I like to see Burrows get a shot, yes. I just don't think its going to happen but we'll see.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Also 2 years ago was before JT got hurt. His passing has not been close to what it was before. Is he more like RG 1/3 of the Browns who is not close to what he was before? Or is it the play calling. The empty backfield is not good since JT struggles with going thur his progression. He runs better than he throws right now.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Empty backfield is stupid, only two things he can do and the defense knows it. Planned QB runs were a disaster as they were telegraphed. Barrett was way more dangerous when he scrambled or ran the zone read option which they got away from as well.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree with smurray on the oline being the main problem with the possible exception of Elfein,some them guys look overweight and slow to me esp.59, smaller defenders on better teams were blowing around them all year messing things up in the backfield and they were constantly holding and false starting.Meyer needs to put them guys on a diet.They eating too many cheeseburgers with extra cheese

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote:Barrett was much better two years ago and guess what, they had a line and a great OC with 100% better play calling. The blame doesn't fall on Barrett - he had record numbers then. Its not difficult to see where the issues are and they are being corrected.
Would I like to see Burrows get a shot, yes. I just don't think its going to happen but we'll see.

I agree with you again. Its hard to do ANYTHING with the line play we had this year.

As I have said many times, OSU would have never won the NC if it wasnt for Cardale coming in and the changes Hermann made to the playbook to suit his arm. If Barrett had not been injured they would have been a one dimensional offense at the end of 2014 and Bama would have gobbled them up.

Even with a great line (2015) Barrett was not accurate. I dont think that part changes.

I agree that any QB they plugged in this year would have struggled, but Barrett holds the ball way too long. Maybe its all the curl routes the receivers run, hard to get separation, etc.

I guess we will find out next season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we got some things to fix in Columbus no doubt. not really a fan of hiring kevin Wilson as oc either. would like to see warriner back as o-line coach.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

The Pontiff doesnt like the kid...Probably doesnt like Jimmy Burrow either :lol: :lol: ;) .....He likes the Timmys and JTs....and when they fail or leave URBIE gets sad....He should have never took Haskins....He flipped on Mary late....Martell is a Drama queen....Joe Burrow is easily the best QB on this roster...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am hoping this is a case of JB being under the radar, but once practice starts and he again shows he can play as well, if not better than the other QB'S, he will be on the field.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I am hoping this is a case of JB being under the radar, but once practice starts and he again shows he can play as well, if not better than the other QB'S, he will be on the field.
I hope so. Just remember Urban is very loyal, sometimes to a fault.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If you think Burrows will beat out JT in practice..... :lol:

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse

Return to “Football”