Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

The Inspector
Varsity

Re: Is Joe Burrow The Odd Man Out At Ohio State ?

Post by The Inspector »

dazed&confused wrote:If you think Burrows will beat out JT in practice..... :lol:
The Pontiff said JT will be the Coach at ohio sometime!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

farmer wrote:Burrow really wanted to go to OSU. Burrow should have played against Clemson because he can throw the ball. JT has no future in the NFL as QB. You can say he is a leader with all the records but he is not a top QB. He will only take you so far.
Burrow I remember he was in the top of his class in school. If he is close to getting a degree in 3 years he needs to stay. Then see what happens. Then can transfer and not have to sit out a year.

OSU needs to decide if they want an running QB or a QB that can throw the ball. As they get a new OC.
The way this was going Burrow should have played in the 4th

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wished he would go to Marshall or Ohio and play.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

mattash wrote:Wished he would go to Marshall or Ohio and play.
Maybe go the FCS route and play immediately. A lot of good football at this level. Maybe go with Bo and YSU...Check them out today. They play 2 QBs and neither of them will set the world on fire..Wells and Davis I believe.Both are older kids(Redshirt Jrs or maybe 1 is a senior?)..I know both are Ohio kids and 1 of them played at Moeller....But neither have the skill set Joe Burrow possesses...IMO....Maybe I am mistaken but I think he is too good to sit,especially where he is at and the poor way they try to go about things.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS SHOULD BE AN AWESOME GAME TODAY YOUNGSTOWN STATE AND THE JAMES MADISON DUKES.
BOTH THESE TEAMS ARE JUST A TEARIN IT UP THIS YEAR. THIS IS ABOUT AS DEAD EVEN A MATCHUP AS YOU CAN GET.

GOOD LUCK TO BO PELINI AND THE YOUNGSTOWN STATE PENGUINS. FOR THE FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

mattash wrote:Wished he would go to Marshall or Ohio and play.
IF HE'S NOT GOING TO START AT OSU, I'D LOVE TO SEE IT AS WELL. I REALLY LIKE WHAT THIS CAT BRINGS TO THE TABLE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great point about the fcs as well by the inspector. so much great football being played there.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Eleven Warrior rumor mill has heated up again on a Joe Burrow transfer. Do any SEOPers from Athens have any insight on this?

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohi ... ansferring

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Not from Athens or have inside knowledge. Just read some of the comments on 11 Warrior. Some say Burrow is in Grad school. Which he did fast but not impossible. Or if he will finish his undergrad this semester. If that is the case this gives him more options to where to transfer without sitting out a year. With HS signing day coming also makes the decision as to what schools need QB help.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

farmer wrote:Not from Athens or have inside knowledge. Just read some of the comments on 11 Warrior. Some say Burrow is in Grad school. Which he did fast but not impossible. Or if he will finish his undergrad this semester. If that is the case this gives him more options to where to transfer without sitting out a year. With HS signing day coming also makes the decision as to what schools need QB help.
Not sure he is in grad school, collier is I think
Collier probably done, opens up another scholly

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I would be surprised if Burrow doesnt stay. I can see Urban running a 2 QB system like he did with Tebow and Leak at Florida with he and JT

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Collier will never play QB at OSU

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Well, it seems Burrow himself has quashed the rumor:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-stat ... ansferring

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think they will find packages to put burrow on the field next year.. And i would not be surprised. If barrett isn't moved to another position or sees significantly less playing time.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

svac83 wrote:I think they will find packages to put burrow on the field next year.. And i would not be surprised. If barrett isn't moved to another position or sees significantly less playing time.
Jt isn't Braxton miller, I'm not sure he could play another position

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw on facebook here Thursday morning he has denied the rumors of looking elsewhere.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

svac83 wrote:I think they will find packages to put burrow on the field next year.. And i would not be surprised. If barrett isn't moved to another position or sees significantly less playing time.
I agree. JT and Burrow will have an NFL QB coach working with him from now until the fall camp. I would have to think if JT doesnt start throwing the ball significantly better, he will be benched.

Urban got a TON of heat on him for the lackluster offensive performance against Clemson. All true buckeye fans know that crap offense could rear its ugly head at any point in time.

No one person is above the football program at OSU, that includes Urbs. I dont think for a second he will stick with JT if Burrows it throwing the ball better. Thats why I think a 2 QB system this coming season might be beneficial (and I hate 2 QB systems).

And lets not forget this offense is Kevin Wilson's baby now. I dont see him going with someone at QB who is not going to put this team in a position to win the big games. He will have a lot of say so.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote:
I agree. JT and Burrow will have an NFL QB coach working with him from now until the fall camp. I would have to think if JT doesnt start throwing the ball significantly better, he will be benched.

Urban got a TON of heat on him for the lackluster offensive performance against Clemson. All true buckeye fans know that crap offense could rear its ugly head at any point in time.

No one person is above the football program at OSU, that includes Urbs. I dont think for a second he will stick with JT if Burrows it throwing the ball better. Thats why I think a 2 QB system this coming season might be beneficial (and I hate 2 QB systems).

And lets not forget this offense is Kevin Wilson's baby now. I dont see him going with someone at QB who is not going to put this team in a position to win the big games. He will have a lot of say so.
I am glad Mr. Burrow has decided to stay at State and I do believe there will be competiton for the backup QB slot but the starting job is Barrett's barring injury.
Urban Meyer is loyal to a fault and as we all age, change becomes difficult to implement, so I doubt Wilson will have free reign over the offense. I think fans need to shelve the notion that OSU has been a high scoring machine under Meyer.
Except for obviously inferior opponents and the miraculous three game CFP run in 2014, the Buckeyes have only been average on offense. Then again what right do we have to complain about a 61-6 record over the last five years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote:

wonderful, informative post.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Again it would be stupid to bench jt for burrow. you guys just want him to play cause he's local thats it

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “Football”