The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

VetteMan
All State

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by VetteMan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:34 pm

The game Sat. against Georgia will be a very tough game. Georgia not only has a very good offense, but is also very good on defense. I think Joey will do fine, but I think they will have to score quite a few points to stay in the game with the Bulldogs. I really hope I'm wrong.

se-alum
Varsity

Post by se-alum » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 am

Joey can do the Buckeyes a solid today! I'm not sold on GA. Good running game, but struggle to throw the ball consistently. This is the first competition the Dawgs have seen this year, LSU has been through it several times. That could be a factor.

Raider6309
SEOPS H

Post by Raider6309 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Burrow with another big win

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Joey looked awfully good today.
"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:18 pm

JOEY BURROW IS OFF THE CHAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HE'S AWESOME , THANK YOU YOUNG MAN.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

countywide35
All Conference

Post by countywide35 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 pm

He sure looked good today.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Im not gonna taunt to much i just dont see how 15-30 for 200 0-0 is special.... With that being said i did not watch the game so did not see leader ship or his passes
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Great win by Joe.

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:13 am

se-alum wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 am
Joey can do the Buckeyes a solid today! I'm not sold on GA. Good running game, but struggle to throw the ball consistently. This is the first competition the Dawgs have seen this year, LSU has been through it several times. That could be a factor.
I think you hit it right on the head. I thought he again managed the game very well, his passing and running was right on. He has not only won the coaches and the players over big time, but the fans of LSU have never seen a QB do the things for there team that Joey has been able to do. Couldn't happen to a nicer kid.

rickoshay
SEO

Post by rickoshay » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm
Im not gonna taunt to much i just dont see how 15-30 for 200 0-0 is special.... With that being said i did not watch the game so did not see leader ship or his passes
Lot of those missed passes were very catchable.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:26 am

rickoshay wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:
Lot of those missed passes were very catchable.
Like i said i did not watch so did not know for sure
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:51 am

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:
Georgia No-2 team in the Country, Stats don't always tell the whole story, you did not watch the game at all, yet you decide to taunt just a little. I would say that if you asked the LSU coaches,Players, and the Fans that they would say that it was pretty " Special ".

Omega
S

Post by Omega » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:16 am

Burreaux generates wins over quality opponents for his team rather than stats for himself. Joe chose wisely.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS H

Post by Raider6309 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Joe can definitely beat teams with his legs if he wanted. Joey gives u 200 yards passing and 70 yards rushing. Probably over 100. The running backs give 200 yards rushing. They are a balance offense now. LSU is probably the only team in the country that can beat Bama. OSU, Clemson, and Notre Dame aren’t very good. Just beating bad teams

se-alum
Varsity

Post by se-alum » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Joe made some good throws, Joe missed some throws. The kid's a leader though. Tough kid that seems to make a big play when it's needed.

Raider6309
SEOPS H

Post by Raider6309 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Joe bringing back the swagger to LSU

I still remember Burrow and Jalen Hudson talking trash in basketball. Dude is a winner

The General
All State

Post by The General » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Joe B is doing a Hell of a job in Baton Rouge!!!....Smart... And ultra competitive...Maybe not quite as athletic or flashy as some but he is doing a tremendous job!!...Just what the Dr. ordered...Gets them into the right plays....Is accurate enough...Tougher than nails...They love him there...Playing in the ELITE Conference in America,WITH the opportunity for ALL the marbles...Hell of a story ....Reminds me so much Physically of Tom Brady and the way he carries himself it is frightening!!....I will tell you this. If they Win THE SEC and the Big Ring...?..I would not be shocked and Joe would be the PRIMARY reason for what he has given to them..I mean LSU has ALWAYS been elite...Since the turn of the Century,for example, they have won MORE games than ANYONE in the big 14, for instance, not named ohio....With 2 National Rings under 2 Coaches. So their success is not surprising this year to anyone who KNOWS anything...BUT...Joe Burrow gives this outfit that intangible at that position that MAY drive them a long way!!....What a ballgame it will be between The Tigers and THE TIDE in a few weeks....In THE SEC...It Just Means More...

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:48 pm

The General wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Joe B is doing a Hell of a job in Baton Rouge!!!....Smart... And ultra competitive...Maybe not quite as athletic or flashy as some but he is doing a tremendous job!!...Just what the Dr. ordered...Gets them into the right plays....Is accurate enough...Tougher than nails...They love him there...Playing in the ELITE Conference in America,WITH the opportunity for ALL the marbles...Hell of a story ....Reminds me so much Physically of Tom Brady and the way he carries himself it is frightening!!....I will tell you this. If they Win THE SEC and the Big Ring...?..I would not be shocked and Joe would be the PRIMARY reason for what he has given to them..I mean LSU has ALWAYS been elite...Since the turn of the Century,for example, they have won MORE games than ANYONE in the big 14, for instance, not named ohio....With 2 National Rings under 2 Coaches. So their success is not surprising this year to anyone who KNOWS anything...BUT...Joe Burrow gives this outfit that intangible at that position that MAY drive them a long way!!....What a ballgame it will be between The Tigers and THE TIDE in a few weeks....In THE SEC...It Just Means More...
Great Post!

E High
Freshman Team

Post by E High » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:29 am

Fine QB and athlete. Great run. Most not over look Miis St with Alabama on the horizon. He’s fun to watch and happy for him and his team !

Older bird
Riding the Bench

Post by Older bird » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:47 pm

Hard to explain but the “it” factor is there with this young man. Has earned respect in Deep South. And that’s saying something

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm

I'm sure they were pretty skeptical of him, being a Northern kid coming to play $ec ball.
AT THE RESERVATION

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:55 pm

I said in an earlier post that at the end of the year that the Playoff Committee would do everything in there power to try to match OSU and LSU in a bowl game. I'm more convinced than ever, that if each team ends with a couple losses, that they will try to do that. It would be one of the highest rated games of the year as far as TV is concerned. The way that LSU plays defense, and the way that the Buckeyes play defense, I really believe that Burrows would pick them apart, and that the Tigers would beat the Buckeyes. Remember he has played with and practiced against most of these Buckeye players for 2 or 3 years. He would know more about who to pick on, they wouldn't have to watch much film.

The General
All State

Post by The General » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:10 pm

This is reality...Not perception or some false national narrative..Rank them...ohio vs LSU
O-Line- LSU(when healthy)...Although ohio's line gives the Clod-hopper more time to throw it than anyone...
Receivers- I would give the edge to ohio...butby a very narrow margin
QB- Haskins spins the ball so nice and is VERY accurate..But I like Joe and the intangibles he brings to the position and his team..
Special teams-LSU
Running Backs- LSU..And it is NOT close

D-Line- Would probably give a slight edge to LSU with ohio's kid out...But close
LBs-Not EVEN close....LSU
BackEnd-NOT EVEN as Close.....LSU

Coaching? :lol: :lol: :lol:

9.5 INCHES
Freshman Team

Post by 9.5 INCHES » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 pm

Does that mean you are favoring the pontiff on that last one there general,or ole bumbling ed ? :lol:

VetteMan
All State

Post by VetteMan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:39 pm

The General wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:10 pm
This is reality...Not perception or some false national narrative..Rank them...ohio vs LSU
O-Line- LSU(when healthy)...Although ohio's line gives the Clod-hopper more time to throw it than anyone...
Receivers- I would give the edge to ohio...butby a very narrow margin
QB- Haskins spins the ball so nice and is VERY accurate..But I like Joe and the intangibles he brings to the position and his team..
Special teams-LSU
Running Backs- LSU..And it is NOT close

D-Line- Would probably give a slight edge to LSU with ohio's kid out...But close
LBs-Not EVEN close....LSU
BackEnd-NOT EVEN as Close.....LSU

Coaching? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree! You seem to have hit it right on the head. I can't see the Buckeyes fixing all there problems just because of having a bye week.