Way to Early CFB Top 25 From Athlon

Omega
SEOPS H

Way to Early CFB Top 25 From Athlon

Post by Omega »

Big10(14) well represented with OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Sparty.

From Athlon Sports:

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... op-25-2018

Realistically no polls should be published before week six of the season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Way to Early CFB Top 25 From Athlon

Post by cbolt »

TTUN seems ranked awful high coming off the season they had and for some reason I completely missed Ed Warrinner going to the team up north. Very interesting!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:35 pm TTUN seems ranked awful high coming off the season they had and for some reason I completely missed Ed Warrinner going to the team up north. Very interesting!
Michigan could well be a challenger for the BIG crown and CFP if their offense can become consistent under Patterson. The Wolverines have had Ohio State on the cusp of defeat the last two years.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Sounds like they are hanging their hopes on this Patterson guy for their offense. I looked at his stats from last year's 7 games he played. He had some decent games but nothing eye popping. The three good teams he played against he had one good game and two terrible games, he sustained a season ending injury in the LSU game. Maybe Hairbaugh can make something out of him ,who knows

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Omega wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:48 pm
cbolt wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:35 pm TTUN seems ranked awful high coming off the season they had and for some reason I completely missed Ed Warrinner going to the team up north. Very interesting!
Michigan could well be a challenger for the BIG crown and CFP if their offense can become consistent under Patterson. The Wolverines have had Ohio State on the cusp of defeat the last two years.
the difference has been the play makers. o$u has more of them.

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Tooooooo early for me to make any judgment.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Meatchicken will be hurting at QB. Hardball might be out the door after this season. A coach from the deep south might be the next Meatchicken coach.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Michigan too high, Georgia takes a step back, Auburn surprises, THE Ohio State gets back to championship form, but Bama again.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

least its a sign football is just around the corner!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:23 pm Sounds like they are hanging their hopes on this Patterson guy for their offense. I looked at his stats from last year's 7 games he played. He had some decent games but nothing eye popping. The three good teams he played against he had one good game and two terrible games, he sustained a season ending injury in the LSU game. Maybe Hairbaugh can make something out of him ,who knows
He played well against poor competition. He got destroyed and was a pick throwing machine against teams with decent defenses. The B1G defenses will eat him up. I will go out on a limb and say he wont make it through the season.

Peters is next in line but McCaffrey is their up and coming QB of the future. Wouldnt be surprised to see him starting by mid season.

I expect ttun to be improved this year offensively and solid defensively. I also see OSU being a tremendous offensive power with a pocket passing QB, 2 stellar RB's and a tremendous group of WRs (possibly the most experienced and best OSU has seen since the 90s). I dont think ttun can stop OSU from marching up and down the field.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And looking at ttun's schedule vs ND, Michigan St, Wisconsin and Penn State.....they could very well eliminate themselves from the east division and CFP by late October.

Return to “College Sports”